About Energy

What is energy in spirituality?
Does magic require this energy?
Is there a safe source of this energy from which one can take infinitely?
Can i create an entity to bring me energy infinitely?
What are the diffrent sources of energy, safe one’s?

1 Like

All and any you can think of.
We had a discussion about types of energy here: Energy and Matter

Yes. Magick is change in energy directed by your intention.

Yes, the cosmos. This cosmic qi is an abundant and clean energy that you can never run out of and never become unbalanced by.

You can. But you’re already doing this naturally. It’s how humans work and stay alive. Every time you breathe in, eat, sleep, you pull in energy. If you are low other people naturally give you energy automatically. It’s our normal state to both give and receive in constant flow. Energy is always flowing, if it stops it is called "stagnant; and this causes sickness.

I would advise against making an entity to just randomly bring you energy without having a use for it. You cold get sick from too much as well as too little. Balance is necessary.

Again, the cosmos. Always the cosmos. Try this:
How to get energy from the earth and universe? - #7 by Mulberry

Learn to read and work with your energy body so you can balance it’s energy for health and power, know when to ground, that quality is important too, know when to cool off and when to warm up. Know thyself.

5 Likes

I see. Does qi get replenished in an instant or does it take time?

Doing what?

It’s not like a fuel tank as much as a flowing stream. If you take a sip of water from the stream, it’s replenished so fast you don’t know you took it… if you divert water into an aqueduct, it gets lower, until the rains refill it or you close the sluice gates.

Ideally, for doing magick including energy healing, you should NOT use your own energy at all in the first place. You breathe in qi from the cosmos, alchemise it for your needs and use that instead.

1 Like

@Mulberry In your energy and matter link, you say that you believe spirits and spiritual energy are just electromagnetic.

But if that is the case, how can consciousness exist and how can spirits be intangible to physical matter?

Plus I’m pretty sure the electrons of our atoms is why we don’t walk through walls like Casper and Danny Phantom.
Isn’t electromagnetism or EMF just a bunch of electrons?

There’s also gravity and the strong and weak forces for other kinds of matter, but these are physical only. So spirit imo is all about EMF. So… if you’re in sunlight, which is electromagnetic radiation, and you have a piece of glass, can the sunlight pass through it but not still be sunlight? There you go: one experiment done to show emf can pass through physical matter. An the higher frequency, like x rays, gamma rays etc can pass through materials opaque to sunlight as well can’t they?

Correct, these are not photons they are of a class of particle called leptons. Electrons have something called “charge”, and so they are leptons with a negative charge (positrons are leptons with a positive charge) and that charge is VERY strongly repellent between electrons, so the atoms, which are kind of a cloud of electrons surrounding a tiny heavy core (like a mini solar system, kind of, as above so below) are bound into a matrix (molecules) which can’t pass each other because these clouds can’t go through each other, as the electrons are too repellent, they can’t overlap at all.

Human bodies emit EMF but imo only our “spirits” are made of EMF.

No: EMF is manifested via photons, when seen from a particle perspective, and as waves when measured from a wave perspective. Whichever way you “see” the behaviour depends on what experiment you’re doing.

Electrons emit photons sometimes. If an electron is to lose energy, that’s how it does it, it sends off a photon and that photon’s energy is subtracted from the electrons energy and the electron moves to a closer orbit around the core nucleus of the atom (you could also say it’s not going fast enough to stay out further any more, more speed means more energy and further out, less speed means less energy and closer in).

You might be thinking of electricity, which isn’t the same thing. Electricity occurs in a metal because all those electron clouds can move, transferring that charge, which is a property called being electrically conductive. Water and other substances can do it too. The opposite of that is called being an electrical insulator.

1 Like

I see. So, i can take it in whenever i want, does this mean i can do multiple rituals in a row by breathing in more qi when i need it?

For some this is the case, however fatigue can happen when you run more energy than you are used to, if you are doing it in a state that is not fully relaxed. You have to let the energy do the work.

However it takes concentration and your energy channels start off kind of “narrow” so it all takes longer (you widen them and increase your capacity with practice). Many people are not relaxed and get physically, mentally, emotionally and energetically tired. The more you practice the longer you can go and the easier it gets.

1 Like

I see.

Yeah I was kinda thinking of electricity because I believed EMF were just fields of electricity.

Yeah somehow I forgot or wasn’t thinking about the fact light can pass through things.

@Mulberry So then if this really is the true nature of spiritual reality, are all electromagnetic fields sentient, conscious, and intelligent somehow?

If Magick, qi, and spirits are so scientific, why aren’t they accepted as scientific fact by everyone yet?

I mean EMF and all these other things are just the average everyday material physical science but we don’t hear about Einstein dissecting ghosts in a lab or people learning to cast spells in high school.

Isn’t a wave just something particles do rather than a separate thing of their own?

I don’t understand what waves are.

It’s my working theory, put it that way, I can’t speak for others. It makes sense to me as a physics major, energy worker and occultist, which is what I’m looking for, but it doesn’t answer all my questions, and I have not been able to test all it’s predictions yet.

Quick sanity check: I would say to never take other peoples opinions as your truth. Ever. Not of a guru fooling 1000s of years of tradition and certsinly not me. Have a listen, have a think, experiment and make up your own mind based on your personal experience.
That’s how I form my ideas anyway :slight_smile:

And, yes, and this is now from an animistic perspective, everything is sentient. Qigong tells you qi is sentient, shamans tell you energy is sentient, animists can have conversations with light beams. Welcome to magick :slight_smile:

It’s an artifact of how modern science evolved culturally. They used to be combined, and it could have been as at one point science was not so siloed, alchemists were also philosophers and physicists… but in todays science theres an extreme compartmentalisation, partly for pragmatic reasons, and partly political, and there are vested interests in labeling magick as bunk, mostly to do with how much money some people would lose if we understood and documented it for all.

3 Likes

Cool.