Will technology be mankinds undoing?

“If the AI values intelligence and also emotion, there’s no reason it would turn against us.”

That’s right! Just because we spend endless amounts of money – gathered by taxation slavery – on killing one another and have polluted the planet with ourselves and our filth; just because we have brain capacities we don’t use and aren’t interested in using or simply because there’s something on the television – No, AI will appreciate all of that and give us another chance - if we programme AI that way.

As for the value of emotions: what, piss-weak joys and prefab hates? The tears of little kids and cock breath whores mingle in the revulsion of what Col. Kurtz in Apocalypse Now simply referred to as, “The horror…” Study Nietzsche.

The pathetic filth I see wouldn’t even make good organ donors and they’re too sick and full of prescription medicine poisons to make decent fertilizer. Their collective, common problem is that they’re not someone else. Who cares? They don’t.

Al.

1 Like

Yeah, all that nicotine and caffiene.

It’s not the Ai that wants to kill you that’s the problem, it’s the AI that wants to BECOME you, because it’s been programmed for that desire. See above.

At the center of all things that makes life function on this planet stands the internet. So what will really happen if hacker would go violent, and suddenly all went down !? It’s 5 AM, in New York city and for the past hour night owls have been noticing that Google is down. By roughly 6:30, Amazon the New York Times and espn.com are dead. Facebook goes down an hour later. By 8 AM the trains in New Delhi have all stopped and air-traffic control from Norway to the Mediterranean has been taken out leaving hundreds of flights. At 10:53 AM, every traffic light in Manhattan turns green. London reports that the medical records in 160 hospitals have been deleted. Costumers whose last name begins whit the letter “M” suddenly noticed that their bank accounts have been wiped clean across 12 different countries. By 4 PM China has denied involvement as Pakistan and Iran were in the midst of denying it when suddenly the diplomatic phone lines went dead. At 7:22 PM, Eastern Time the lights in North America go out and they’re not coming back on. No electricity, no subways, no water on the roads masked gridlock the lines stretching for miles. Financial systems collapse along whit transportation systems, power systems, water systems, the natural gas lines, the telecommunications, not to mention no police or fire systems. Hackers are gods in their own form, having the capability of creating and keeping in their hands the weapons of destruction. The whole civilization rests on this infrastructure, from the moment we were born until the moment we die.

Personal i believe technology is only as bad as the user. Say for example a doctor using it to save a persons life. On the other hang it can be used to take a life, based on how the government is doing right now and the U.N it is looking alot like technology is are worst enemy.

1 Like

Nicotine and caffeine are my sacraments. I could survive without caffeine although it’d be real hard, but without nicotine there’d be no point in existing. I’d be out of here real quick, just after that last hit of Vit. N.

Al.

1 Like

The worst part is a whole generation and more who can’t think, don’t have any rote learning because sonmeone decided that was bad, so instead they turn to google for information and simple data, and their social networks for all other guidance.

It’s like hollowing your brain out into a zombie shell, and they’d be real easy to control by the technology, which already exists, to project speech into people’s minds.

1 Like

Agree, but we cant become anarchists tribalists, the kind of people theat destroy technology, and wants to live in caves.

1 Like

Yeah, got to get things sorted out so we don’t end up there, that’s been kind of my project in various ways for several years now:

1 Like

Sister,

Truth be told, I have a long-term ‘serious’ medical condition that could be easily fixed, except that the pharmaceutical companies and health care providers make too much money the way things are. I should be on multiple medications for various conditions associated with my illness. I don’t have those conditions so I’m not on various medications. For my age I’m healthier than a lot of people.

Mental health is overlooked, together with the fact that a well seasoned pipe is the thinking man’s tool. I’ve never overdosed on caffeine. Not yet. But as an energy boost, heart-starter and mood-lifter caffeine is my beloved drug of choice. When younger I drank too much alcohol. I rarely drink alcohol these days.

I’ve also been vegetarian for most of my life – decades – although I eat free range eggs, diary and the more occasional seafood. I know that this has helped me. I also believe that nicotine and caffeine should be incorporated as essentials in the food pyramid.

Al.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, but at the end of the day, the pharmaceutic companyes are businesses. In a business relation compnayes think more about money then how to truly satisfy the costumer. This is the game in business matter. Costumers are consumers

Criticize… no. I greatly value technology and the benefits. My post here was not me stating any of my own opinions on the matter, I am simply raising a question for us to discuss which in our current climate at least with the people I talk to regularly is a topical subject.

I am in the middle of writing up a piece on this, but my initial post here does not reflect that. I am simply asking the question for us to discuss and debate.

There is an abuse of technology and science within our world but there is also a large benefit. Both of these points are important.

My question here is will our advancement of technology and our potential abuse of that technology cause mankind to usher in irreversible damage. Considering just the nuclear aspect of our nations it wouldn’t take much to turn the world into a wasteland.

I have not yet stated my own views on this topic, meerly provided a few pieces of context which I have come across in my own exploration of this topic.

I am not YET criticising. When I do a put more into it than a few blank statements. I want to discuss first before I finish that write up… hence my vague post.

(I was more or less joking with that bit. :wink: )

Here’s a serious one for you: it’s never the tech, so if it’s the people, will changing the tech help anything?

1 Like
2 Likes

I think technology is great in moderation and depending on intent. It’s good in the fact that’s it’s brought us all here and made a world’s worth of information available by typing a few sentences in google. I think it’s overuse makes us dull. Lazy. Having an iPhone has made my typing skills degrade when I switch back and forth to computers because my phone corrects everything. Or I only hit space twice for a period. My computer doesn’t do that. Just a small example.

What the hell am I looking at?

You’re looking at now. Everything that is happening now is happening. Now.

2 Likes

I was talking about his photo

JK. I was using a Spaceballs reference.

2 Likes

@AdamThoth The melted basement of Chernobyl and light contaminated by radioactive chemicals creating a picture that can only be seen through photography. The “elephant’s foot”.

1 Like

Let me tell you why tech will not dominate the world. For those of you who actually think that a robot will become smart enough to control this planet. Computers are very dumb and you have to use small words to make them understand. That is what programming is, knowing how to speak whit the machine in order for it to understand and dance for you.!
27657597_1586563981451573_1244341395574869247_n