Who do you thank for joy?

Given the primarily Luciferian mindset of the posters here (something I am myself exploring), who do you thank for the beauty of the sunrise and the brief respites of existential peace?

When the drama settles and the soul rests- who or what do you thank and why? And why are they worthy of thanks?

Gratie!

Oddly enough I’ve started to appreciate the different faces of Saturn in my life, after some thoughtful inner contemplation (= temper tantrums).

Its influence didn’t make my life exactly easier or more comfortable but I’ve found that its separating aspects (from people, places, etc) served a deeper purpose that reveals itself to me more and more by now. I probably wouldn’t be able to do what I am doing now, if it wasn’t for its destructive preliminary work in the first place. And what I am doing brings me joy, in the end.

We have a really neat thread about expressing gratefulness towards specific spirits/deities for very specific reasons here :smiley: :

2 Likes

I thank Belial for destroying the old and worthless me. I thank duke Bune for giving me everything I could have asked for, be it wealth, love or friends. And lastly I thank Marbas for health and for smiting the weaklings. I have no others I could be as much in debt as these three.

1 Like

Myself, for I am God. God, I am.

3 Likes

Ha, did you expend much energy conjuring the earth’s rotation while maintaining gravity? Lol. Seriously, I’d be interested in knowing your actual answer. I really do wonder what a theologically consistent answer IS from a diabolical perspective, taken seriously.

I’m not religious in any way, shape or form so my answer is my answer. My main perspective is that of the Hermetic axiom “All is Mind.” My consciousness is the very consciousness of God. All that I experience is merely a reflection of my own Being. I don’t need anything outside of myself. I walk with the gods as one of them.

You made an incorrect assumption in your initial post in thinking that the majority of people here are "of a Luciferian mindset.’ The fact is, the vast majority of us are not Luciferian at all. We have members here that follow many different paths. Even EA Koetting, the co-founder of this forum, isn’t Luciferian in a religious or theological sense. You don’t have to be Luciferian to be a black magician.

2 Likes

That’s very interesting, thanks for letting me know. What is black magick’s closest thing to a systematizer of the knowledge and techniques in your opinion? Any authors of intellectual stature who tried to give a good metaphysical description. I quite like Eliphas Levi’s Doctrine and Ritual of High Magic, especially the newer translation. Anyone on that kind of par in a darker direction?

Honestly this just sounds like a search for “Darque™ “ dogma to substitute for RHP dogma. If you’re going to do that what’s the point? It’s not sovereign or lhp. It’s the same old by a different name.

No author has the truth, you can only find that within, because you are god.

And no, most members here are not Luciferian, or Satanist, it’s common to see people assuming everyone here is the same as them, but this is a global forum, we also have people from all religions including JCI, and non religious people who have their own philosophy.

1 Like

Well since everyone is different that IS the point right? I am just wondering where the intellectual and logical black current is that’s all. No amount of black Magick and demonolatry can supplant reason, or we would never look for it in the first place, right? Logical consistency is not the same as dogma, it’s universal law or nothing, including magick and demonic entities, would function because everything in this world is subject to its own nature and the interactions that govern those natures. No escape there.

Any recommended reading in that vein?

I would say it’s an artifact of human judgement. “Black” just means you’re doing it for personal gain.

This seems to contradict itself to my mind… I don’t believe the premises of “theology” or “diabolism” are universal anything. Because theology isn’t logical, it is somewhat philosophical with a dollop of emotionality.

I don’t believe the “diabolical” exists except in a symbolic sense in the mind of man. There’s universally no such thing. In my opinion. Hence, my dubbing this “dogma”. A combination of metaphor taken too literally and judgement.

If I had to thank something, it would be whatever you would consider “source”, the Tao, etc.

But tbh, in such instances I’m just thankful for the experience itself and my ability to have that experience.

In the case of a plant or animal, I might thank it directly for being what it is, and then be thankful for the interaction or experience I’m having. Then in turn, be thankful that I’m in a position to experience.

1 Like