Which celebrities really are into the Occult?

I know for a fact that Kenny Ballone, former member of Method of Destruction has an interest in the occult. He doesn’t bring it up much,but doesn’t shy away from talking about it either if it comes up.

1 Like

Haha! Believe it or not, I’m not a bro. I enjoy simply jamming with some friends, and coming up with my own tunes. The music business seems glamorous, but it isn’t, particularly in the beginning, so no thanks. Funny, I actually did come up with a melody in my sleep once, put words to it, but I like doing my own thing.

This topic is so cringe

1 Like

That’s more people than I knew of, thanks for responding. :grin:

1 Like

How so? If anyone’s Become a Living God, it would be a celebrity - someone that millions of people have heard of and/or give their energy to.

1 Like

Agreed.

Augusten Burroughs recently published a new book called “Toil and Trouble” and claims to be descended from a long line of hereditary witches on his mother’s side and has dabbled in different forms of magick.

Sophia Amoruso talked about chaos magick and sigils in her book “Girlboss.”

Bjork has admitted to being interested in metaphysics and different types of myths due to her upbringing. One of her first bands was called “Kukl” which is an Icelandic word for witchcraft.

Peter Christopherson from Coil admitted to being an Aleister Crowley fan whose work is influenced by magick.

Joanne Harris (author of Chocolat) does feature occultism in some of her books and even has a page on her website describing her use of Elder Futhark runes and how she uses them in real life and also incorporates them into some of her books - link here: Runemarks: Using Runes | Joanne Harris

David Bowie definitely dabbled in the occult at certain points in his life and supposedly quit cocaine after allowing a white witch to perform an exorcism on him.

There are plenty of authors and artists who feature occult themes in their work, and may have either done heavy research on real-life practices or dabbled in secret and tried to pass off their interests as research for the fictional worlds they created.
Many Hollywood celebrities are open about following more New Age Deepak Chopra-style practices involving positive thinking and transcendental meditation, like Oprah, Jerry Seinfeld, and Gwyneth Paltrow. In interviews, Tom Brady has mentioned that his wife Gisele Bundchen practices some form of witchcraft and keeps an altar and makes talismans to give him, and he claims to credit at least some of his success to her rituals-whether he really takes it seriously or is just humoring his wife is anyone’s guess.

Probably a lot of people dabble in it casually and either try to pass it off as a joke- i.e. “Let’s all mess around with the Ouija board at a party and have a good laugh about it after a few drinks!” or they endorse certain practices like meditation and yoga only after they have become trendy and socially acceptable.

2 Likes

They say he has a deal with Murmur… Things song always got me thinking about a scrying mirror.

1 Like

Elliot Hulse is a badass. Word is he got weird though, haven’t followed him since 2014. Anything you can tell me?

1 Like

I never had heard of him before until your post, but gonna look him up.

And don’t forget Madonna was involved with Qaballah, don’t k now if she still is

You’re not a guy or you’re not black?

1 Like

I’m not a guy haha, 100% female

3 Likes

I’m a fan. He’s gone through phases. If you have a political leaning you might be triggered. I could care less.

1 Like

I’m a minarchist libertarian (to use a signpost of what I feel based on now, more of a moving independent depending on what’s happening)

I’d rather spend energy on things I can control/influence rather than look to be perpetually offended around the clock. Some silly shit being passed around as things to be taken seriously post 2012 but it’s mostly just entertainment to me.

I’ll look into it

1 Like

Also, what about the band Slayer. Am a big fan, loved Jeff Hanneman. They said they were into Satanism.

They’re more of an act. Kerry King is an atheist.

1 Like

No idea. I only know Kenny is because I have chatted with him on and off a little since we share some hobbies :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I hate alot of today’s music, like techno for instance. I want to hear real instruments, played by real musicians.

1 Like

The more I listen to Tiger Army, the more convinced I am that frontman Nick 13 is into the occult.

Consider Tiger Army’s discography. There are songs about ghosts, astrology, love spells, the afterlife…

It REALLY shows on the most recent album, Retrofuture. There are songs about getting the Death Card in a Tarot reading, wanting to know “what lies beyond the veil”, the moon, contemplating your own mortality, and even one called “Devil That You Don’t Know”.

At a Halloween show I attended in 2010, Nick 13 talked about the veil being at its thinnest that night, before the band played a song about mourning a lost loved one.

Some of Tiger Army’s opening acts have also been known occultists, most notably Stellar Corpses and Twin Temple.

Anyway, the other night Nick 13 tweeted something about the moon. Which reminded me of this thread…

2 Likes