Where'd Your NAME come from?

Well, Of Course you’re bettering yourself! - we ALL are! Thats why we’re HERE. It seems you were offended by my response, Luxbey, and I can say with total truthfulness I meant NO disrespect or offense to you.

[quote=“Zoe, post:32, topic:61”]Oh Bran, what an EXQUISITE story!! Thank you so much for taking the care to elaborate & detail it. A joy to read.

Being of Welsh/Irish lineage, the Celts are my Ancestors. So the Name BRAN has so much significance for me.

If you’re interested in further understanding of the story of Bran, try googling “Welsh Deities Bran the Blessed”. I believe you will connect a whole lotta dots & fill in a whole lotta blanks, if you do this. As an aside, on the Irish end of it, the DAGDA of the Tuatha de Danann is the Irish counterpart. (Its the “Ulster Cycle”, and I believe the hollowed hill will fall into place.) Both Bran & Dagda are “Resurrection Gods”

Happy hunting, and WELCOME to the Family!!! Z[/quote]

Yes, I know the mythology of Bran the Blessed, right up to the point of his head being burried in London with his face towards Europe, to ward off invaders. For this reason, Churchill (who was a druïd) placed a number of Ravens on top of the Tower and till today you can still see the ravens.
I have been a member of a druid order after my "adventures in Wéris (or as it was called in the Old Days: Werix) and that’s why I know about the Celtic/Irish gods. Of course, my dark nature led me straight to The Morrighan :slight_smile:

Nice to see a fellow Belgian on the site, en dan nog wel nen Antwerpenaar. :slight_smile: I’ve been to the dolmens in Wéris several times in my youth, but only for recreational purposes at that time. They definitely emanate a special type of energy. There’s also a menhir in the surroundings, but right alongside the main road, it’s not exactly a spot where one could have a meditation session.[/quote]

Ah, ook van Antwerpen? :slight_smile:

Yes, there are a number of dolmen and menhirs in Weris. On top of the hill you can find the Pierre Haina, a large menhir painted white wich looks over the valley. Presumed is that this stone looked straight to a village back in those daysand at the summersolstice it should align with te southern dolmen.

Also a very special rock is “Le Lit du Diable” or the Devils’ Bed. Have you seen it too?

[quote=“Bran, post:43, topic:61”]Ah, ook van Antwerpen? :slight_smile:

Yes, there are a number of dolmen and menhirs in Weris. On top of the hill you can find the Pierre Haina, a large menhir painted white wich looks over the valley. Presumed is that this stone looked straight to a village back in those daysand at the summersolstice it should align with te southern dolmen.

Also a very special rock is “Le Lit du Diable” or the Devils’ Bed. Have you seen it too?[/quote]

(Eigenlijk van Vlaams-Brabant, maar lang in Antwerpen gestudeerd, gewoond en gewerkt.)

Yep, been to Le Lit Du Diable too. I’ve still got some pictures somewhere of me sitting on it as a skinny teenager, just as I guess any hiker or tourist does. I remember I wasn’t really attracted to the devil’s stone the way I was to the dolmens.

I’m going to take my kids there when they are a little older and see how they react to it. Kids are still so much more open and sensitive to vibrations and energies. I have a daughter who is autistic but also clairvoyant. I’m really curious about her reaction.

Greetings to all here…

My spiritual name is Sinata Anika Asti…I created this name for myself when I was 12, I am 28 now, so it has been around for a while…Sinata meant the birth, Anika meant very beautiful, and Asti, after the sparkling wine :wink: The birth of a very beautiful sparkling wine…How charming…Lol…I started my awakening at a very young age…I have always been followed by an ancient male Goetic Entity that was the catalyst for my researching the occult…Until the past few years, I did not realize that he is a friend, not a foe so to speak…Any how that is relevant in that Sinata and Asti are very similar, the only difference between the two is that Sinata has an extra a, and n…The entire name is an acronym of sorts for an ancient female…A name which sounded like what he called me during a conversation while he was possessing my ex-fiance…

Anyways, I look forward to continuing my on my path and gaining more knowledge about the topics and those posting on this forum…This seemed like the perfect post to begin joining in on :slight_smile:

It is good to see you like us…welcome.

Maxx

Welcome Sinata…Nice to have you with us. Lots to learn here whatever stage of the path you are on.

Maxx…Indeed :slight_smile:

Neophyte…Thank you for the welcome…I have read through a lot of the postings, and still have many more to go through…They are very in depth…

When the soul is gone it will arise from the black light like the pheonix

Sinata … Black Phoenix … we are pleased you are here. Hopefully you’ve already read enuf to gather that we accept everyone’s right to be as they are and grow as they feel inclined … we assist when we can and we love to laugh and occassionally we squabble a bit. But you WILL be respected as the Unique Mage you are… WELCOME! :wink: Z

A buddy of mine gave me the name while we were in the middle of a pretty long gaming session. I was decimating the other team and he said I was like a Reaper. I liked it, so it stuck.

[quote author=Reaper link=topic=51.msg2873#msg2873 date=1342066757]
A buddy of mine gave me the name while we were in the middle of a pretty long gaming session. I was decimating the other team and he said I was like a Reaper. I liked it, so it stuck.

Well, there ya go, then - One way or another, the “right” name always finds you! Welcome, Reaper! :wink: Z

Zoe…thank you for the warm welcome :slight_smile: I have noticed what you mean about the atmosphere… Seems like a great place to grow…

Hey All,

I chose my name for a variety of reasons, some of which I don’t I am even fully aware of and cannot really articulate. It started simply as a riff on Batman’s moniker of Dark Knight but thinking on it, it seems to me there may be a deeper meaning behind it. I’ve never really thought of why I chose my name and I thank you Zoe for posing the question. I have always thought that, to become a whole being, a Living God, one needs to experience fully both the so called Dark and Light, like in the higher level martial arts where adepts are expected to know how to kill AND how to heal. Right now it is the darker magicks that appeal to me, and I am learning my way around. I have had limited success thus far but I do not practice as much as I should, as I still have a “fear” of the dark, imposed by my Judeo-Christian culture. As for the “Knight” part, sometimes it seems I an in possession of old fashioned manners that seem to be absent in a lot of the population :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Well, Darkest Knight, I happen to LIKE good manners - its one of the reasons I have always found the classic “warrior-knight” archetype so appealing! I see it as an indication of nobility, dignity and self-respect; it really has nothing to do with whether others ‘deserve’ it or not. As for shedding the christian mentality, yes that does take some doing and you will find many of us here had a similar early life. When you begin to pull away from that you start to realize fully just how little of your ‘automatic’ thinking originated with you! Keep moving toward your goal & challenge it every step of the way - it WILL eventually yield.

Welcome, Darkest Knight! It’s good to have you with us! :wink: Z

I chose the name ‘Sylar’ as he’s one of my favourite fictional characters. He began as a normal unremarkable man but through his deeds eventually became the most powerful of all. to me his character represents evolution in its purest form, without nagging moral objections or by following anybody elses rules. although he is sinister, everything he does serves a greater purpose and is alligned with his own ascent

Well, mine isn’t hard to guess, I’m just a damned hedonist who f$cking love life! :smiley:

The triple N’s are like a lightning bolt… a reminder that achieving our own personal desires lead to something more…

I’ve been using TheWanderingFool for a while. My dad got me into tarot years ago and the more I contemplated the meaning of the cards the more I identified with the Fool. He is on a journey like we all our, when he thinks he has met his destination he finds his journey has just began and that he doesn’t know all that he thought he did.

My real name and 420 from when I use to puff the nugs years ago. When you have so many things on the internet that use login and pass you have to be able to remember all that shit.

well… Once upon a time I randomed “Dantresh” thru WoW name randomizer… lol :smiley: