Where'd Your NAME come from?

Metatron777 is a reference to my first name, who is the namesake of the Metatron figure in the mythos it was derived from. The 777 is just reference for my affinity to that number along with my affinity with the number 3

I was born Eric Lynn Koetting. My father didn’t claim me as his child, but my mother gave me his last name anyways (her last name is Hatt), a gesture that always infuriated him.

When I decided to take Ascent seriously, especially when evocation started to take off, I sat down with a pen and paper to write out a “magickal name” using automatic writing. The first letter was an “A” which was not surprising as many occult words and names begin with “A.” That turned into “Arch” and sat there for about 3 days. Finally, I finished it, becoming Archaelus.

I didn’t know until years later, when I momentarily returned to christianity and was studying the New Testament that Archaelus was “The Prince of the People,” King Herod’s son (you remember King Herod, right? He’s the guy who proclaimed infanticide in order to stop Jesus from rising against him). Archaelus was known to be much worse than his dad. If you recall your bible stories, Archaelus was the one who brought John the Baptist’s head on a silver platter to his sister for her birthday.

So, I wrote my first book under the name Archaelus Baron. When that book did much better than I ever expected, I realized that using a goofy name like that wouldn’t work out the same. I wanted to keep the tradition of classical occultists using initials only (A.E. Waite, S.L. Macgregor Mathers, etc.), but “E.L. Koetting” didn’t ring right. So, I threw “Archaelus” in as a middle name, and bawdaboom, E.A. Koetting was born!!!

3 Likes

Actually my magickal name is Acharon, it came from something similar with automatic writting and meditation.

(no, this has nothing with star wars lol)

mine’s simple as can be.

i’m a huge star trek fan, and my father’s sirname is Kirkbride.
thus, James T. Kirk becomes Jimmy T. Kirkbride.
the “T” stands for Tiberius but i haven’t decided what i want it to stand for in my own name. i think “Tiberius James” is cool enough:) and people can call me TJ which has a nice ring to it.
i’ve been playing with things like “Thanatos” or whatever else will start with “T” and sound cool as hell when it’s pronounced. unfortunately i don’t resonate with any daemons whose names start with “T”":stuck_out_tongue:

maybe Jimmy Tyrannosaurus Kirkbride. fuck yeah, dinosaur power.

-jtk

I have always wondered that and thats why i always call you Archaelus on your facebook page the name fitting for a God who lifts others unto thier ascent:D

The name Soundwave was chosen as a homage to my favorite character in G1 Transformers. Although his alternate form of a boombox was questionable he had a totally badarse vocoder voice and was filled with dozens of tiny robots which he sent of to do his bidding. At the time I was just looking for a name (severe years ago) but some rather obvious occult implications present themselves in retrospect

I choose to use my own, real name, until I find a suitable magick name through divinatory methods. I used to hate my name, “Nicholas,” because I thought it was so boring. But later, I found that the name essentially means “Victory of the People,” in Greek, and it seemed to be very fitting with my personal destiny.

My user name comes from “Buffy The Vampire Slayer” character “Amy Madison”. that is her in my default pic. BTVS is my favorite show of all time. DONT be suprised if i change my name to"Willow Rosenberg" also. she is my REAL favorite character on the show because she is the most powerful witch of all time. and she became dark after her lover was killed. Amy was just the one who introduced her to magick on the show. and i will also tend to change my username to other tv witches in movies or tv shows!!!

I noticed there were a couple of Buffy fans here and wondered why Willow hadn’t posted for a while.

My name Stormdancer was given to me by my sister. As a child, growing up in Kentucky, I loved thunderstorms. My mom could never keep me inside during storms. I always managed to sneak outside and play and dance in the rain. So, I have used Stormdancer as part of my Craft name since about 1979.

1 Like

that was me too! LOL

I am still searching for my “magickal name.” For the demonic introduction ritual in WoD I just used my real name. It’s not really magicky sounding, but it seemed to work for me :slight_smile: It means reolute protector or guardian.

Though most alkaloid compounds are crude they can be purified and used for a greater cause. Like us.

Hahaha Willow did end up becoming ridiculously powerful in that show… man I forgot all about that show but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t watch them hehe

Hahaha Willow did end up becoming ridiculously powerful in that show… man I forgot all about that show but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t watch them hehe[/quote]

and her powers went to even more ridiculous levels in the comics after the tv show was done. she even fell in love with her magickal mentor, a female snake demon named saga vasuki. i have never read the comics but i am thinking about buying them!!

My 2 biggest interests are magick and firearms, and I wanted a username that seemed suitable to use on both gun and occult forums, so I just came up with Armed Mage.

buffy…

no wonder i have no idea what you’re talking about!

-j

[quote=“tiberius_james, post:77, topic:61”]buffy…

no wonder i have no idea what you’re talking about!

-j[/quote]

stop acting. you know you are the number one fan!

@Armed Mage: magick and firearms… Seems I have found my long lost brother :slight_smile:

My moms & pops y’all!!!

However now that this current incarnation is…uhmmm…“older”…I go by

Mr. Mode_439