Where I should start reading?

as we all know the occult and the different teaching

but as I understand every thing has started with the golden dawn
well my question is simple what book should I start with?

I have read the practical self defense from cover to cover
I started to read Karlsson cabala qlipoth and gotiec magic.

and I have the books of thelma (this so hard read)
in my research I often coming across with Israel Regardie
and I see he has tons of books(or they are just different versions )

any advice would be appreciated

1 Like

“The Golden Dawn”, “Ceremonial Magic”, “The Middle Pillar”, (Regardie)
“A Garden of Pomegranates” (Cicero)
“Liber Aba”, “Book 4”, Magick in Theory and Practice", Magick without Tears". (Crowley)
“Three Books of Occult Philosophy” (Agrippa)
“The Magus” (Barrett)
Anything by Tyson or Duquette.
E.A.Koetting books such as “Works of Darkness”, “Evoking Eternity”, “Questing After Visions”.
Harner books on Core Shamanism.
The tutorials for the site.

2 Likes

We have a lot of thread with book recommendations including ones for beginners.

Most of them recommend more than one.

But I had to tell my beginner self to pick only one book to read right now it would be *Become a Living God* by E.A. Koetting

It’s the newer and better version of his older mail order course (Ordo Ascensum Aetrynalis) revamped and has video courses to go with it. It teaches you everything soup to nuts with no fluff. You can get right into any other book and know where you are with this under your belt.

3 Likes

The Mystical Qabalah, The Secret Teachings of All Ages, and Prometheus Rising are great places to start.

1 Like