When to thoroughly quit?

Jesus motherfucking tapdancing Christ, Im simply saying I dont get magic and it doesnt work, and at this pace I will be dead before I see a result,

This was way before i got into magic. Man! I started looking at patterns, still didn’t make no damn sense. Cycles & what-nots. Its long a not pleasant like many of us here. I don’t know how far & wide you’ve come with your practice. I do recall you having sound things to say. I can’t speak for everyone. What do get, is folks seeing value in you, even if you see it (Right Now) within yourself. Not sound corny

4 Likes

My bad, i didn’t see the fed -up post.

2 Likes

Got me burning my damn pork chops for ou🤣… shit

6 Likes

Ok I’m going to go extremely literal on your ass and ask some extremely stupid questions of you to get my point across about what you just said. It’s going to sound very stupid and a bit harsh but…

Here goes:

1. you say everything you touch literally turns to crap does that mean every meal you eat is made of crap (literally eating shit)?

2. you say everything you touch turns to crap. Does that mean your bed is crap (that you are sleeping on a literal pile of manure and not a bed)?

I do not believe that id the case. I do not believe you are eating crsp(shit) sleeping on crap(manure) or anything of the kind. Therefore not everything you touch is crap not everything you touch becomes crap.

So take an honest look around you. It’s impossible for everything you touch to be/become crap so ask yourself: what is good around you?what in your life isn’t crap? Because there has to be something good (not crap ) in you life even if it’s only your cup of morning joe :coffee:
————————————————————
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
———————————————————

Then go from there.maybe
take some peoples advice like the advice
of silent seeker who said:

“Fuego, I don’t think I’ve ever spoken to you directly or indirectly before. Bro, you need to break that loop of negativity and self-pity.

Try this. Instead of saying everything you do sucks - say “sometimes, some things suck”.

If you don’t wanna break that loop of self hate, you can definitely start by changing how you talk about yourself.

Do this - write out some of the things you say about yourself. For now, fuck magic. Write out how you talk to yourself. Choose a statement and modify it.

Negativity can be addictive, but growth is far more fulfilling. If you wanna change, you w”
ill.”

Because I think that’s good advice

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say there is really a line where I would say “I quit” but I am always open to shift the style when the current no longer serves me. For example, I do not really perform many “big” rituals that involve many ingredients and tools. Much of what I perform simply involves using my own mind and emotions to shape my reality, as well as connect to other beings for guidance or aid.

I do also try to fit in breaks after longer workings to give my mind a break.

5 Likes

I dont know. With subjective synthesis, not knowing anything, not realizing what effects what, I just dont know. Everything in my life has failed. And it all started with this crap (occult). I dont know. At some point you have to stop the bleeding.

I’m in the middle of that process and I’m not happy. Thanks, but no thanks Belial (and especially Asteroth) I’m really kinda hating on it. Like that guy I married for 19 years that made me miserable with his sulking rant face. Eventually he went insane, and I made it worse by actually trying to bring him back.

Experiencing that in the literal, as I understand it, is not an experience that many people want, but having done it, I could probably give step by step instructions, but actually its probably just as dangerous as “ego death” if not more so.

I ignored my inward for a while, I figured yeah, maybe that shit is not fixable, so I focused totally on changing the outward. I guess I had this wrong idea that the self was some kind of static thing you couldn’t mess with.

3 Likes

Again with exaggeration Fuego?
Your keyboard didn’t fail you.

Anyhow… whatever.
Do what thou wilt as the saying goes.

2 Likes

I fail to see your point. Yes, positivity helps, but truth reigns supreme.

Truth? What is truth? -Pontus pilate (I think)
Truth is subjective facts are objective
I can say it’s a nice day some else says it’s an awful day. What’s the truth of it?

Most time truth is only what you believe it to be therefore it’s subjective and up to interpretation
Change your belief/ interpretation change your truth.

This concludes the wisdom of Kish. Just like Elvis Kish has left the building.

4 Likes

This takes the cake.

You were given great advice by many. Even if you dont see them as real magicians. You were spoken to with respect and kindness.“take a break if you must, etc”, “remember what you learned from Kybalion”, etc

Seems like you didnt want to listen, and just perpetuate the Q&A pity party.

You say your life has turned worse and went on a downhill, and it all started when you started practicing.

You just answered your question. “At some point you have to stop the bleeding.”

NO ONE here will tell you to quit or that its time. That is for you and you alone to decide. Youre asking the wrong question. To the wrong people. Bec the ones on here are here bec they didnt quit even if at some point, they had the same doubts and questions you have.

Be kind to yourself. May your life turn around for the better on all levels (physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, etheric, etc). And i sincerely mean that.

9 Likes

Start from black! I mean fucking Nothingness!!!. Let’s say you didn’t practice, would things in your life be better or worse? Ask honestly! not going on what you how you feel right now… keep it 100 with you!

3 Likes

Sounds like frustration talking remember magick has many different branches if the areas of magick aren’t giving you what you are looking for then learn and try other areas. Some of the responses though are similar to what you would hear in the churches “it’s god testing you, just hold on and have faith” the truth is though sometimes leaving the church and christianity is the best thing some people have ever done. You didn’t give much context but magick is out there transforming lives you better not miss out lolz

2 Likes

That’s completely understandable when you’re fucked up in the game. When i came here which is crazy. I’ve been so much in hoodoo. My fucking family called me voodoo witch. With hoodoo the only way I’ve solely for year was purification and fucking spiritual baths! Ive never stop wanting to learn other ways. Like fucking c’mon. I think folks are asking because, they feel you’re going through some shit right now

2 Likes

Many time it be the most mundane shit
I don’t think there’s always a magical approach in it. If anything, it give you the opposite.

2 Likes

Some types of Magick(shadow work, Working with entities, Or maybe everything) didn’t work for me and i was literally confused when i started because i literally feared change and thought it was the worse that could happen, This had me thoughts that Magick wasn’t any real.And i started being sceptical about it. But then someone said to me “You are just fearing change, But the reality is as you are fearing change, you are just turning into a fearful and lazy crap version of yourself. You have to change to a better version or go downhill” I will change if I don’t even want to change.

So i choose to change for better and first step i started doing things with Patience, Belief and Postivity and started all over again and everything kinda worked.

2 Likes

This is going to sound harsh but keep in mind this is a reflection of what I have learned from my own path. Let it serve as food for thought if you choose.

There has been no hardship caused by magic that I have experienced that I did not already foreseen to some degree but did not want to acknowledge for the sake of “peace”. All my path has done is rip those things out of the shadows and forced me to deal with it, like it or not. I chose my own battles, some that resulted in victory and some in bitter defeat. It would be easy for me to point the finger at every reason under the moon for my own shortcomings but it will not strengthen my mind and soul. That only comes from accepting what happened and extracting as much use out of the experience to steer life in the direction you choose. Self accountability and discipline is the price of freedom. Good steel is not created without heat and blows from the hammer.

9 Likes

TRUTH, Mike_Bee!

2 Likes

You have people giving you time, attentiopn, and good advice here. That’s not “nothing.” :smiley:

A lot of us grew up trying to figure shit out with no help, no support, no books, no internet etc.

Were things going great before then? Genuine question, not being snarky. :slight_smile:

11 Likes