When magick doesn't work

Looking for insight and curious of other practitioners experience of magick simply not working.
Short version: I worked spells, called on sitri and dantalion and was denied. Called on Lucifer and was not exactly denied - he was quiet . With Lucifer I’ve asked him for guidance and protection so if he is silent I take the message that it may not be good for me.
Anytime magic doesn’t work it’s disheartening and I’m trying not to question my own abilities . Originally I was very obsessed but lucifer took that away so that shouldn’t be in the way anymore .
So my question to all of you is , when you came across a situation where nothing worked, did you ever find the obstacle? Was there a true legit reason it didn’t work or was it something you were doing wrong and you could correct it?

3 Likes

When i have stuff backfire on me it’s usally cause something wasnt takin into account or i couldnt raise enough power in ritual for whatever reason (usually exhaustion from a crazy work week).

Also this may of interest to you.

5 Likes

One issue may be that you aren’t fully convinced of this system or the power of magick in general. If that is the case, this thread is for you. I also saw that you have trouble detatching from the outcome, which can also be a bit of a hinderance. Where that is concerned, this may help:

8 Likes

Excellent I will look into these! I won’t say my work is 100% all the time but I usually don’t have an issue. It makes me wonder if there are other stranger things playing a part. It’s very frustrating not knowing WHY because I can’t correct the issue.

2 Likes

I would say don’t worry about it and tweak it if needed. I wasn’t able to use magic effectively until I literally changed my beliefs using reasoning and Chaos magic techniques. The issue could be as small as pronounciation or posture though. Try different things starting from the smallest detail and don’t give up.

4 Likes

Practice more visualisation and guided & shamanic meditation the more you become accustomed to them the clearer the images and voices will be. Also remember that in the early stages it will be telepathic responses. So learn to differenciate between you thinking voice which sounds like you when you speak. And the voice that is not you.

4 Likes

Sitri and Dantalion? Sounds like love magick. I do not deal with that myself, but BWS may be able to shed some light for you:

3 Likes

I legit have questioned this targets sexuality. From the second I saw him - even though we had sex (plenty of things amiss). I still think he’s gay though and that’s a big hindrance.

4 Likes

Been there, done that

1 Like

Well even though now I’ve completely lost the desire for it as it tends to happens in working of love, I’m still irritated as all hell that I don’t know where I could have done things differently. That said, things DID work, just not as I wanted it hoped.

3 Likes

Well, in that case it’s better to continue like this. Maybe later when your great desire to achieve it is not an obstacle, things work better in your magical work. Or maybe you’ll find something better to focus your energy on. good wishes for you!

2 Likes

Same to you! :grinning:

1 Like

from my own experience, all the spells not related to love worked 100%
for love with no intended target 100%

but… when i had a target… the energetic strengh and will would block me … i would get dozens of men coming to me but the target…

at some point you have to disconnect emotionnaly, break his/her spiritual protection, bend her will, modifiy her emotions then put the love spell!( i hope that everyone heard!)

still working on a target for 2 years and i understood that yesterday night when Duke Amdusias came to me with my target on a silver platter saying he is cooked now! :slight_smile: amdusias was singing with his hair in the shape of a horn! he was singing " we are tyhe champion " from Queen!

what i also understood is that we have to be consistant as we deal with emotion and energies that changes and are renewed everyday, for working the mind, we should work the spell pour at least seven days when the target is sleeping. or about to sleep. it is exhausting but is worth it.

10 Likes

I think you’re absolutely right about the spells working but they get more complicated with a specific target. I did notice an increase in attention from suitors …just NOT the target. So I stepped back and looked at it from a different angle and really asked myself what I wanted from it. Revenge of course! To make him suffer and pull all sorts of strings. But I had to really be honest with myself on WHY I was doing it. That gave me a different course of action also. Of course I still wanted the physical part and the gushy things but my motive wasn’t 100% clean. I’m glad I got results even though not how I wanted them. But he truly was not worth anymore energy or work - truly not that great of a catch!

6 Likes

if you have to force it , it 's not for you! :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: but we want it even more even when we know that’s crap!:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Ikr! It was more my ego in the way thinking this little biotch thinks HE can just leave ME?! Hell no, I break the hearts not the other way around! My whole heart was not in it, it was truly petty even though I wouldn’t have minded the sex part - he WAS nice to look at after all!:wink::joy:

3 Likes

we are such women… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Indeed!:sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

I know how you are feeling but in my case it’s taking time as I’m talking to (what I think is) his higher self and we have conversations about him and life plus the night time bed rendezvous.

But absolutely everything is getting in the way of me meeting him in the physical - it’s frustrating as hell.

I’m sure if someone analysed my chats with the Goetics and the Beloved they’d diagnose me with a psychological issue. I am truly losing the plot with myself, so I know your frustrations.

2 Likes

Make it work.

1 Like