What's the difference between the "left"path and the "right" path?

Man, I think there is atleast few dozen of threads explaining this exact thing. If you really want an answer, go through them first (no disrespect).

1 Like

One way I learned is:
RHP: union with God
LHP: become God

Also:
RHP: May God’s will be done
LHP: I am God, may my will be done

Also:
RHP: Follow the rules
LHP: Create the rules

This is what RHP/LHP has become, although the historic origins of the terms refer to something different (more in line with antinomianism than one’s end game necessarily).

4 Likes

Interesting concept

Black magick and lhp is doing anything from the viewpoint that you are separate from the Primal Will. White magick and rhp is doing anything from the viewpoint that you are separate from the Primal Will but you are better than those others. (Whomever those others are for the individual personality)

IOW - everything is black magick when you are not awakened yet. Which means God performs black magick, white magick and grey magick as It awakens. And stops doing magick after It has awakened since everything is magick of the Primal Will.

1 Like

That’s a really good answer.

Excellent summary, bookmarked, thanks! :+1:

2 Likes

@Angelic They are fundamentally different. Right hand path people seek to “merge with The Source”, even if “The Source” is the universe itself and not an actual Deity. They largely seek a more mystical experience while accepting things as part of a divine/universal plan of some kind.

Right Hand Path (myself included) seeks to bend the universe to my will and not to merge with source. Although I and others use benevolent and malicious magic, we do not see ourselves as an “agent of God(s)”, but rather as the Master.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

@magickmike you seem to understand this quite a bit I have a odd question for you. What makes the two “paths” SO different anyways? No one has really explained why but rather how they are different now if it’s the type of magic used I could understand that.

Warning…Side note: I really think that “LHP=Create The Rules” a fundamental place where personal evolution begins. Everyone else (sorta) in the species repeats the norm and the same method…then you get those that realize that it is their duty to create the world as they see fit. Right and Wrong are subjective to the Creators’ wills. Then the transformation really starts to happen.

2 Likes

@Angelic see my answer in the post just below your last reply to me.

Got ya

Do you know what happens if someone does both paths?

@Angelic I would argue that it is impossible to have a “Grey Path”. A person either wants to merge into source or create their own reality. I must say though, I suspect a lot of those that profess to be Grey are people that likely are struggling through the transition of RHP to LHP…often wanting to keep what they thought was good and uable to understand what they need to give up vs what they perceive as needed to give up.

Interesting cause I dont want to control reality and I dont want to unite with the source.

You could walk the Path Of Twilight which is kinda like a universal path
(as in in compasses all thing) the Moon and the Sun have their place and utilization.

1 Like

Interesting do you have a site or something that I can research on that?

I’m afraid I’m not aware of any website about this path, it’s path scarcely walked nowadays.

I do remember S Ben Qayin mentioning it in some of his book but it’s more along the “sinister” side. I’m currently working on a fully fleshed out Druidic Path involving the Twilight current.
(Hermeticism is very Twilight-esque)

But those are the only things I can think of right now off the top my head.

1 Like

Got ya

the RHP is geared toward all thing being used to Enacting Control of anyone But Oneself.

The LHP is geared to liberate and Empower those who are enslaved to break free and enhance that freedom.

1 Like

What do you want out of magic?