What Should We Recite Backwards In Witchcraft And The Dark Arts?

Hello Everyone! I was wondering What book in the Bible Should we read/recite backwards to become witches/raise power? (Other than the Pater Noster)
I was also wondering if there is anything else we should recite backwards to become witches/raise power/etc?

1 Like

C’mon, man. That’s nonsense. You’re basically ignoring everything you’ve already been told about learning magick. You don’t have to do any of that pop culture crap to “be a witch” or to “raise power.”

11 Likes

Everything I’ve learned is still being taken into my knowledge I was just curious…because I heard differently but this is the only source that I trust so if I do hear something I think it wise to get the advice from you guys on rather or not its true, reliable or appropriate that’s the only reason I asked

The only reason you would possible have to recite anything from the Bible backwards would be if you were performing a rite of blasphemy in order to free your mind of energy trapped by religious indoctrination. That’s it.

This whole idea comes from the popular belief that Satanism is just an inversion of Christianity and has become part of modern media. No real witch that I know chants Bible passages backwards.

8 Likes

I cannot.

1 Like

Thank You for the information! I hope I’m not Irritating you.

Trust me I’m well aware that Satanic Worship is NOT just an Inversion of Christianity to me Satanic Worship is the real religion and paying homage to The Dark Lord.

There is no “should”. If you want to treat magick or indeed your religion as mere entertainment and focus only on the surface asthetic, go for it.

It’s not magick at that point it’s just empty posing, though. It doesn’t achieve anything other than your own amusement.

3 Likes

No Thanks I Take Magick SERIOUSLY, Believe It Or Not…Please DO NOT Mistake My Ignorance For Impiety.

Well, I can’t do that can I, because I’m not the one who’s judging from a religious perspective, as I an areligious myself. I don’t believe it’s impious to enjoy the artistic or make poetry and art out of your faith.

See ^ I don’t care about whether, or how, you give your god respect or not.

If you read what I said and thereby judged yourself impious that’s doable.
I do think it’s a good idea to be clear on your intentions.

So the more interesting question is, what would be your intention in reciting the text of a religion you say you don’t even follow backwards?

Ask yourself: what’s the point of that? What did you think it would do?

I’ll tell you: nothing… UNLESS, you do it with the MAGICKAL INTENTION that it does something… and then you can recite “I’m dreaming of a white Christmas” backwards and get the same effect.

3 Likes

I don’t have a problem with being judged but try not to assume that I’m intentionally being impious

I shall be honest with you…I have heard SEVERAL times from SEVERAL different sources reciting particular things backwards would either reverse it or make it more powerful for Example there was an old tradition in folk magic of rhieciting the Lord’s Prayer/Pater Noster backwards and not only do some say that it’s the most blasphemous thing ever recited (Use for in a Rite of Blasphemy) and it’s thought to get rid of Christian Influence that it can conjure Satan as well as curse people…There is an old tradition of reciting things backwards in Black Magick and according to some “As frequently occurs with Curses, the text has been written with each word reversed.” and some other sources may think that reciting things backwards or “reverse chanting” can make the spell more powerful and in Hinduism the Chant Om Namah Shivaya a chant which is used for positive intent but when reciting it backwards “Yavashih Mana Mo” is used for Black Magick.

Yes EA has riruals that involve blasphemy as a larger subject as well. Blasphemy is not just reciting a psalm backwards, there are a few ways including burning the Bible… I would say you still have to have a reason and intentfor doing it otherwise it’s a waste of time. You don’t do this for its own sake, it doesn’t bring power it’s meant to cut ties with the Christian gods. It’s not an act of worship but the opposite.

As such, there’s still no list of “shoulds” for what you have to do to achieve your goal, whatever that is (I’m not sure you said).

Try the search for the keywords blasphemy and blasphemous, we have a bit about that. Connor Kendal has a whole involved tutorial you might like:

1 Like

Thank you for all of the information!

Hi Everyone!
I was wondering about combining Bible Verses with old Witchcraft Spells
My friend who’s a witch told me to do that but I was wondering what yall had to say about that

Much as was stated: what is relevant and useful for some would be to perform a rite aimed at freedom from a perceived state of religious indoctrination. But this is never something to be done for sake of raising power, or to, “become a witch”. Which sources were you alluding to contrarily, if I may, on the aside?

Meanwhile, what comes to mind in context would be from Paul Huson’s book, “Mastering Witchcraft”:

“When you are quite sure you wish to take this first step, prior to going to bed on three successive nights, making quite sure you are not observed, light a candle and address yourself to it with the following words. This gibberish is, in fact, the Lord’s Prayer written out backwards. It is somewhat difficult to pronounce, but struggle through as best you can. It will be no more complicated than some of the peculiar words of power you will encounter later on, and it will be good practice for you…”

https://occult-world.com/lords-prayer-witchcraft/

https://www.oxfordreference.com/display/10.1093/oi/authority.20110803095439768

These three websites that I linked above will tell you why I thought reciting things backwards especially the Lord’s Prayer could raise power

From Link #1:
Admittedly, GV is not my favorite grimoire. Nonetheless, your article is referring to this?:

To Nail (an Enemy)

Go to a cemetery, remove a nail from an old coffin, saying:

Nails, I take you, so that you may serve to turn aside and cause evil to all persons whom I will.

In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

When you wish to use it, you must look for a footprint and making the three figures of GULAND, SURGAT and MORAIL, fix the nail in the middle saying:
Pater noster upto in terra [our father who art on earth]

Hit the nail with a stone, saying:

Curse evil to N…, until I remove thee.

Re-cover the place with a little dust, and remember it well, because one cannot remove the evil which this causes, but by removing the nail, and saying:

I remove thee, so that the evil which thou has caused to N…, shall cease. In the Name of the Father, and of the Son. and the Holy Spirit. Amen.
Then take the nail out, and efface the characters: not with the same hand as you make them, but with the other. Thus it will be without danger

From Link #2:

In his classic of 1970s occultism, Mastering Witchcraft, Paul Huson recommends reciting the Lord’s Prayer backwards as the first step to becoming a witch or warlock. Not that it will really summon Satan, Huson claims, but rather it will clear the nouveau witch of all that pesky Christian conditioning. Huson is obviously skilled in the ways of magic, since he wrote several successful TV shows, including The Colbys, a spinoff of night-time soap opera Dynasty.

Firstly, that article was seemingly geared more toward entertainment, if anything. Just to be fair, though a bit tongue in cheek, it nonetheless still really seemed to have stated the same as what I’d posted to you in essence, just previously; ie “…it will clear the nouveau witch of all that pesky Christian conditioning”.

From Link #3:

Nowadays, a common but none too serious idea is that one can raise the Devil by saying the Lord’s Prayer backwards.

That last link was therefore hardly much to stand upon, either. Make of this all what you will, after all, of course, but it still seems hard to agree with your take in the end. Thanks for explaining, nonetheless.