What are things people have said to try and stop you from practicing magick?

As we all know, many people religious or not want nothing to do with magick, let alone “black” magick. What is something maybe a (loved one, friend, co-worker etc) has said to you out of care, to deter you from the great work?

Just some I’ve gotten were something along the lines of:

“Looking for power through witchcraft is not the right way (no pun intended) and any power you gain in reality wont be real, you’ll just be weak. I’m concerned for you.”

“I know all about what your into, I’ve studied witch craft. There’s not really any power in it, your just gonna end up secluding yourself from those you love.”

7 Likes

BUt KaRmA!

4 Likes

“its not real”
“Youre crazy”
“BuT GoD”
Literally anything and everything.

3 Likes

Nothing. Because they don’t know, and they never will.

Why people feel the need to let the cat out of the bag I just don’t get. It’s nobody’s business but your own and if they need your kind of expertise they’d be drawn to you and you’ll know when you can help - until then, keep your own counsel, I say.

15 Likes

I was going to post exactly what you posted.

I’ve come across a lot of people who know that Magick doesn’t work. That said, I know that Hong Kong doesn’t really exist, it’s all filmed in studios and I know this because I’ve never been to Hong Kong and I never will. And I’m not interested in any liars who reckon they’ve been to Hong Kong and that it exists because I know better.

Al.

10 Likes

Karma, You are going to go to hell, These demons will trick you and betray you, you will call an entity into your life that will haunt you forever. Rolls eyes

4 Likes

First off, thanks for making this thread. XD I’ve been told I’m going to hell, asked if I was going to fly away on a broom/ turn anyone into a toad, and asked if I was going to murder them.
Doesn’t really bother me though— they’re just ignorant. No one should stop doing what they love just because you’re bullied for liking it.

1 Like

A good tip is to just not tell people and keep it a secret. Wish I wouldn’t told my sister :confused:

3 Likes

I take pride in it and am very passionate. However i have been reserved as of recent and plan to stay there until I got some big manifestations.

2 Likes

Luckily I don’t have any regrets when it comes to the people I’ve told so far. :sweat_smile:

Nothing, I do my thing and don’t really ever feel the need to flaunt it, and if asked my faith and I tell them they don’t really care because even then I let them know how I am not like most of the cringy people they’ll see talking about magick and give them an example. Usually works :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

“When you follow ‘the devil’ you give him power. When you follow god he gives you power!” (Though I find it’s exactly the opposite… Bit of a projection I guess?)

“How do you know they all won’t turn on you once you’re beholden to them? You rely on them for everything and then they make a power play on you! The devil won’t have your back in the afterlife!”

“Why call on individual angels? Can’t you just connect with source like I do and get it answered in the best way?” (Deep rabbit hole. The Fundamental RHP vs LHP question really)

2 Likes

Be careful because some people will curse you in an attempt to drag you down.

1 Like

The one person I told said
“Be careful…”
“You’re too sensitive for that…”
“You’re just gonna scare yourself really bad one of these days.”

I basically don’t bring it up anymore and he’s not interested in anything remotely spiritual so it’s a non-issue.

It’s really nobody’s business.

1 Like

“You are not mature enough and aware of what you are doing and you will receive a punishment if you continue playing with fire.”

2 Likes

“Demons will eventually turn you against religion and god “ to which I answered “ don’t worry that ship sailed long time ago, no effort from any demon is needed for that” :joy:

1 Like

Magic wont work
Its a lie
Devil is a liar

2 Likes

You don’t know if it will harm you…

1 Like

Everyone around me is intrigued by it except my mom (who is a witch her damn self by the way). She tells me she didn’t want that path for me and always tries to get me to read about witches that turned Christian. Tf outta here hypocrite

2 Likes

When I was attending high school a teacher asked me why not ‘go running’ instead (at the time I believed magick would grant immortality, so I thought “And by running I will avoid death?”)
On Internet I had conversations with a Jehovah’s Witness, who agreed with me on magick being sacred but still advised me against it.

1 Like