Voodoo lounge

@CalebRosengard Legba tells me that the Lwa commune with the Orishas respectfully in a sense that Orishas were brought about by ancient long traditions in parts of Africa.
The Lwa and Orishas are the be served and to be given respect and fulfillment through possesion of the magician, The Lwa are powerful as they live in the spirit of everything within the islands and communities of Africa and Haiti.
The tattoos I dont believe was something in the original tradition, more of something that was adopted by a way of giving recognition to the spirits through their veve

1 Like

I have been just serving my three main lwa I acquired via internal paket. It has been unique in that what I believe are my conversations with them that if you acquire a lwa to be installed into your court. It will take months to develop the relationship to the point they help you in several ways. What sucks is i think i do better work for other prople rather than myself

1 Like

I have done wonderful works for others and Iā€™m developing a relationship with a Lwa I made a proposal to him, and it is in progress, but when successful he will get all the credit as well as any Lwa that may have aided him.

curse work i am doing under the guidance of one of my loa

1 Like

Just popping in to give mad respect. I do some hoodoo wrk and integrate it into my practices, but no Law or Orisha or any of that has ever come to me. Iā€™m building my relationship with my ancestors and these practices have helped tremendously.

Also want to mention Iā€™ve met a voodoo priests son and he was the real deal. He didnā€™t practice it, but he had it in his blood. You could feel the protection around him, and when I tried pranking him twice, didnā€™t go my way at all. those spirits were the real dealā€¦ itā€™s the most obvious magic Iā€™ve felt in a while, but thatā€™s what it is when your bloodline goes back to the source, I guess.

1 Like

So I just got me a Santa muerte Tarot card deck. Does anyone think that even though its origins are in mexico it would be ok with the Lwa? Itā€™s very similar in its feel with the dead. Soā€¦

Hi all! So I was visited by Baron Samedi a few minutes ago. I heard his name, and then he popped up in my mind. I tried to blink him away but couldnā€™t. He was chewing a piece of grass, or maybe it was a cigar - definitely had something in his mouth he was chewing on, but was sticking out of it. He also had a top hat and his face was painted like a skull. He looked black but when I tried to look at him more, It was like looking through him. He also had a cane and an overcoat on and faint red/brown eyes. I asked him to confirm his identity via his veve but I could only make out pieces of it, and he said ā€œremember Iā€™m the one with the cane.ā€

I asked him a few questions, mainly why he came. He said my ancestors sent him, to which I replied I have no Haitian ties (Iā€™m Jamaican, Irish/German, French Indianā€¦ from what I know. Could be more in there). He said ā€œWho said?ā€ when I told him I had no ties. He seemed somewhat subdued but was definitely playful and magnetic.

Any ideas on how I should proceed? Iā€™m honored he came to me!

2 Likes

I think it is tied into the fact or historical notion that all people are descendants of Haiti and or africa

1 Like

I am still learning more and more each day. And Iā€™m fascinated with the transitions with Ogoun back in the day seen as a warrior with his machete to more of a politician these days.
Loco being the Lwa who is very sophisticated with medicine having people go to him for advice on learning how to heal.
I am intrigued by the power the Lwa hold however I believe each one individually is coming to me on their own saying ā€œthis is what you can learn from meā€

So Iā€™ve been thumbing through the spider and the green butterfly what are your opinions on using tarot cards in voudan?.
Do you think it is mixing hermetics with voodoo?
Do you think I should just cast bones instead?

I donĀ“t know if it is intentional in my area of Texas, but all our intersections out in areas with little traffic (so you do not risk getting hit by a car late at night) are only 3 directions. This practical reasoning (since I never had someone to ask) is why I have never pursued my interest in LWA.

Voodoo is just not for everybody

I guess that was my too subtle way of asking if a crossroads absolutely had to be a four way.

They could be an intersection of 2 roads. I would go with intent and say try it where you are at and see what happens

1 Like

So I wanted to acknowledge help from the Lwa briefly. I was lead to find several tools that I am going to use for gris grid bags/juju bags at stores I would never enter in to. There is a hobby lobby in my town now and I found a 3 pack of jewelry bags for under 2.00.

So whether it is from the barons or from the ghede. Iā€™m not 100% certain, but my tools are finally being brought back together again thanks to the spirits who are guiding me even into this little thing. Like finding materials for juju bags

1 Like

Here at last. When I first started my journey. I started with voodoo. Why? Well my grandma on my dadā€™s side practiced voodoo. My grandmother on my momā€™s side was Blackfoot Indian and Creole. Just seemed natural to me. I went to the bookstore. A creepy old lady told me I was a natural and pulled out some books for me. One book was traditional magic and the other was voodoo. Then she disappeared. The bookstore employee looked at me like I was crazy when I asked where she went. ā€œNo one was over there with youā€, he said. So I went home and read the entire voodoo book in one night. I was 15 and raised Catholic so I was afraid to call on spirits but I tried to apply everything else. Whether I wanted them or not the spirits came anyway. Slaves, shadows, you name it and it showed up. No one wanted to come to my house because they were afraid. I believe this is where the doppelganger came from. I ended up stopping out of fear. When I got to college I started studying religions which led me to do a research paper on the difference between hoodoo and voodoo. Again fear stopped me. Not too long after that Santeria hit my radar. So I looked into it and guess what? Yep circled back around to voodoo. Was the fear gone? No. I was still scared as hell. Lol. So I stopped again. Fast forward to now and Iā€™ve let go of religion and fear. Now, voodoo is coming back to me. Funny how it does that. The image I use on my profile, the fact that I want to make amigurumis, and the interest those around me are taking in it. Right now the only thing ā€œvoodoo likeā€ I do is sprinkle cayenne pepper and brick dust around my house when I feel threatened lol. It really keeps those that mean you harm at away. Jars is another thing, though my husband wonā€™t let me jar people anymore because the last person I jarred almost died. Oh well, weā€™ll see where it leads me now.

1 Like

I thought I would chime in 2020 with this. I believe that I had successfully done the ritual with Diablesse in the spider and the green butterfly I am not complaining but I am because the woman it was done too is still single Iā€™m married and she wants me to go to new orleans with her asap. So has anyone done a successful ritual pact with her as well???. Was it reversible or was it intensified???

Has anyone experienced a green flash while calling on Ogun? What was your experience with the possesion.

1 Like

So I wanted to post here and say that I have begun a work with Ogun in the last few days and the outpouring of his power in my immediate area in my city is amazing. My request was simple: to Rid my city and my block of anyone who doesnt need to be here and within a few days his influence has started 3 fights last night and pushed put about a dozen people who are poisonous to a large degree based on there innate behaviour.
The immediate and powerful nature of Ogun is way beyond just pushing people away and removing them but instilling a certain attitude in me that is neutral but powerful.

1 Like

So Erzulie Freda is working with me in healing some big past traumas, anyone else done this