Using wands

I have a question. So do you guys use a wand in your practice or have you ever used one and if you did what do you think about them. I have red that they focus the energy of the magician more accurately. Should i use one and will it help in my magick?

3 Likes

I use a wand very regularly. Yes it helps you to focus and direct energies exactly where you intend for them to go. Wands are fabulous.

5 Likes

Thanks for the awnser, when i use my wand i feel more in control. i will keep using it

1 Like

Yes. The use of a wand is good for preparing energy you do not want to take in directly, however once vampyrism enters the picture of your energy body you can begin to use your hands and astral tentacles as your wand and your energy body entirely for all energy work. The wand is still useful for the matter of formality, but after a while can be put rest as your practice become less tool-reliant. I use my wand as an activation tool for my crystalline technology.

2 Likes

I use a wand that is a bit like a dowsing stick. It is unpainted, but I know which end to use for invoking and which used to banish. I use it regularly in rituals, but if it is something like the QC/LBRP/QC, I use the wand or my fingers.
Here is a good point on not being reliant on the wand, is that if you are at work or out and about and need to do an LBRP, do you bring your wand everywhere? Not a bad thing to do, but it can get touched, ruined or stolen.
Enter fingers into the picture. There is an old post called Tool-Free Magic I believe.

1 Like

I use a wand sometimes by literal definition. I made it from two bones i scavenged and a crystal. I have other “pointing” items like a pair of scissors shaped like a dagger (very useful cutting petitions and sigils out lol), sometimes incense sticks or smoke sticks and other things. You can also use your hand or fingers. As everyone’s pointed out, it does help direct the flow and concentration of energy. In my bone wand I painted many sigils into it in addition to refine its purposes. But again, you can use anything for a pointing/directional object. Use a wand if you want, but don’t feel like you have to. Experiment with it, do things with a wand, without a wand, with fingers, without any pointing, with a kitchen knife, etc. Given you are able to, anyway, not everyone lives in a situation of free experimentation.

3 Likes

I have a tendency to make and use them for specialized purposes. I have a Shadownomicon wand and a Death energy wand. I don’t use an athame, so it’s mostly fingers for me, outside of special purposes.

For ritual use, anyway. I have been known to make wands from driftwood, but typically give those away.

3 Likes

I do actually bring my wand almost everywhere i go (not that i go out often). But what if someone touch my wand. I mean not in a dirty way, it will still recharge once i hold it again, am i wrong?

1 Like

It depends, as a guess, on how much energy a random person touching the wand imbuing or integrating their energy into your wand.
I would think anyway.
Example, two people touch your wand, one psychic and the other not a psychic. One would think the psychic would transfer energy onto the wan by touching it, but lets say the other non psychic has a large parasite attached. The would imbue more negative/dirty energy onto your wand.
This is my opinion and guess, which might be incorrect however.
@anon39079500 … care to give a criticism of my answer?

1 Like

My 2 cents largely agrees with what @Nocte_ac_die said.

There are 2 easy cures for other people adding or taking away things from your wand.

1. Shield the wand before they touch it
  2. Don’t let them touch it. It’s a magical tool and not a play toy.

Another question is why the wand is being carried? The wand is only as “sacred” as you make it, but there is real benefit to the user for only keeping it and using it for magical purposes. If other people are handling it, it would seem more like a stage prop.

2 Likes

I was about to bring up the rule of silence too … part of the fourth rule is that nobody knows. That means dont go out and display your tools like a superhero utility belt, your tarot cards, unless you are willing to let people touch them and then cleanse and charge them afterwards.
I made that mistake a while back. Nice enough lady,I didn’t charge her for a reading and it was accurate, and then she touched the deck. I sat there thinking wtf, can I grab your rear as easily as you touched my deck?
There is the exception of other forms of divination, such as tea leaf reading or palmistry, in which case your cup or hand is being handled by a psychic. Carrying the wand around isn’t a huge deal as long as nothing touches it except you. Ive done the same thing, but if I were to do a LBRP, I went once inside a Panera bathroom stall to do my LBRP.
Hands free seems to be the way to go though.

1 Like

Can you come with an example?

You are sending your energy through the wand and the tip acts as the release point for it, similar to a beam of light leaving a flashlight. This can also allow the energies imbued in the wand to be added to the working.

3 Likes

Sure drawing the stars during your LBRP. Most grimoires say use the athame for that but I routinely employ the wand.

2 Likes

So the wand is only a tool for high magick?

1 Like

Wouldn’t say that no, you can use it to drawn sigils during evocation, the wand is arguably the most versatile tool you’ve got

1 Like

Anytime you’re directing energy you can be using the wand.

Here I wrote a chapter in my book on the subject

Can it charge herbs and amulets?

1 Like

Sure absolutely it can

You have experience with it?

1 Like