Using a novel to feed

If I write a book, can I use it to feed on the energy of my readers?

You can try on someone else’s book before you go to the effort, but I’m not sure what useful energy you’d get out of it. You could probably set up a curse on any book that brings you energy when people read it.

Some occult authors curse their books for people that break copyright and steal the book, so I think it would be similar to that.

1 Like

What do you mean?

Not all energy is created equal, of equal quality, cleanliness, type or strength. The energy put off by a group gestalt entity defined at “those in the act of book reading” depends a bit on the book. But it’s probably not that much to write home about.

If you want to use the fact that these people are grouped by reading a book as a link to reach their qi, I think that would be difficult, and owing to the numbers magnify the issues with feeding of dirty humans by as many times as there are people. Humans are disgusting, imbalanced and sick. It’s like drinking from a dirty puddle when there’s a clean well next to you.

People say they can “filter” it, but, they never get that perfect… and in this case it’s unlikely you can filter everything unless you’ already trained very well on filtering. But why bother when you can drink clean straight from the source? Seems weird to me.

You are what you eat. Don’t eat random shit off the ground, you have no idea where it’s been. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

So, what if I’m reading before a small audience, like an open mic night?

So what? Have you done a divination and vetted them all to make sure you want that? What if one of them had colon cancer and you just breathe that all in? What if one of them just lost their sister and you pick up their greif. You will probably get sick and then heal, but it could be really bad. Just don’t eat trash, man.

Not be say those people are trash, but in todays society where everyone is slightly sick, toxic, mentally and emotionally abused, addicted and miserable, and nobody ever works on their spirit: it’s grade A garbage.

4 Likes

Mulberry’s warnings are quite valid good, wise advice.

As I fellow writer, when you create a story, like a novel, you’re already operating in the astral and mental realms. You are a creator of a universe with various characters put in settings with a plot and subplot driving them all. Readers are already providing energy in the form of imagination, intent, and desire to see how the story unfolds.

Creating characters in a story is similar to how servitors and egregores are created.

Why limit yourself? How about using the energy of your readers to manifest the characters and the world of your story? Yes! That would be the ultimate alchemy and magick. The principle is similar to that of a hypersigil.

L. Ron Hubbard created a religion called Scientology out of his sci-fi novels. Hmm? There are real Jedi masters now based on the fiction of Star Wars. How many countless technologies have been inspired by the fiction of Star Trek? We’re using some of that right now, in fact.

I’m not saying to start your own religion or try to change the world.

Expand your ambitions. You’re a god. A creator of universes. Act like it!