Useful amulet or gimmick? (Nazar)

So, I’m currently visiting Turkey and these amulets are plastered everywhere. They are made from blue glass with the intention of warding off evil and specifically “evil eye” and have been around for centuries.

I’m wondering if they may have any real potential use to the magician or are pure gimmick? Worth a buy? They have been around for a very long time and people tend to put a lot of faith in them. Thoughts anyone

?

They kinda look like my grandma’s old earrings. That being said I’m sure there’s working ones around there somewhere, but stuff sold to tourists is generally meant as a curio and not a legit magical item.

1 Like

They work, but albeit they can’t really take a beating.

3 Likes

Get it and charge it yourself… That color is useful as a protectant regardless if it’s authentic or not.

1 Like

If you believe it will work then it will work. Same with any other symbol used for protection.

3 Likes

In principle they work, but the one’s sold to tourists most likely are fakes.

Yeah I was thinking maybe get one and charge it myself. Though I was wondering about it’s properties being class… I know metals are often used as amulets and take a charge well. Is glass decent aswell?

1 Like

Sure, why not? Glass is best when handmade since it holds a vibration like crystal glassware. But if you buy it, it’s okay… you can still charge it. One idea is to charge the color with a protective element, and the base material as a charm. This way you get two effects working for you.

1 Like

Try one, all types are genuine; there can be no fake (if there is no writings above or around - that writings maybe fake; just in case) ; they are not a type of talisman which has to be cast at a certain time or place ( the hand figure type is called “Hamsa” and there are many types in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem and all along Middle East I have added wiki link below if you want to read more ) all maybe useful some are made of plastic and some of glass ( preferred).

When you wear them, you place them somewhere visible and they are believed to attract the energy of the evil eye person, generally after a time they are believed to crack down and (that means that it worked well) when they became full with negative energy, so that is the reason why glass one is preferred. If you have something made of carnelian or lapis lazuli, these rock vibrations also create another layer of protection.

3 Likes

they look cute af please send me one

OT: if you believe its gonna be useful its gonna be useful

1 Like

I have one on my wall and I think it works. People believe in it strongly so I think it should work…

2 Likes

:joy:lol if you reallg want one, I will legit send you one

1 Like

Thanks for the reply ladies and gentlemen

1 Like

Can I get a step-by-step on how you would activate and charge a store-bought Nazar?

As far as I know, they already work you don’t have to do anything.

In this case, you have a good example of how the belief of millions of people has already done all the work for you. There’s what I call a “weight” in the astral that pulls the energy so that protection happens simply through resonance with all the other instances of the same magick beating a well worn path and making the probabilities line up that way.

Like so:

2 Likes

But I also want to customize the Nazar to not only ward off the evil eye but also return it to the sender. I think you have a post about how to enchant talismans, but I can’t seem to find it. Would you please link it here?

This one here?

Hmn, in that case I would say there’s not much point buying a Nazar, the existing weight of purpose could neutralize your attempts to usurp it, especially as you are attempting to add a baneful element to a traditionally peaceful item. From an energy perspective I don’t anticipate them working together so well.
… And given you can just as easily use any necklace and enchant it to suit, why risk wasting time?

1 Like

Yes, that’s the one. Thanks!

I just want to add an extra function to its already protective properties. Kinda like updating your iOS.

I understand that, and I could be wrong by my feeling is that you are trying to add an incompatible function. The Nazar is not an OS, it’s more like a small app, it does one thing and it does it well. If you want a different app, download a different app don’t try to turn iTunes into Maps. (Or,you don’t have the source code: write your own. )

1 Like

I beg to disagree that it’s energetically incompatible. It’s in the Nazar’s character as an eye-shaped talisman that subverts gaze to reflect all ill will. Maybe I just want to add a new feature to Maps that could make tourist recommendations, and not turn it into iTunes.