Tutorial: Petition Spells

No, he was just used as an example to show how to phrase a petition.

1 Like

Can I do a ritual like this a day correct?

2 Likes

Yes, you can do as many as you’d like. However, it’s important to keep in mind that petitions are meant to be a “fire and forget” type of magick. In other words, do the petition, and then get on with your life. Don’t worry about whether it was successful or not. Hand it over to the spirits and then move on with expectation.

3 Likes

Some more tips about petitions from the Hoodoo tradition:

I know that Hoodoo is usually connected to the Wiccan, White Magick, The Right Hand Path & Sephirothic Magick paradigm, but as mentioned above, these tips can be adapted for any purpose. In my opinion, Hoodoo is one of the original versions of chaos magick.

2 Likes

I’ve hit a major hurdle. Recently my petition spells simply stoppepd working. Before, more often than not they brought tangible results, but now they hardly ever do or if they do at all I am not getting something in the kind of what I asked, but actually I don’t need (like asking for a car and getting a bicycle instead). I am at a loss as per what went wrong. So far I have only cooperated with the “light side” but a part of me feels like knocking on the other doors. I would very much welcome opinion of someone much more knowledgeable in the occult matters than myself as per the course of action I should take to put my magical practice back on track.

2 Likes

Have you done divination on the matter? It’s possible the universe is wanting you to do more in-depth workings.

3 Likes

The matter at hand is simple and complex at the same time, I want to change my job desperately. I had a job interview quite some time ago, but the company where I interviewed for my dream post hasn’t still given me the definitive answer.I contacted them short time ago and they said there are no results just yet. I have performed few spells trying to force the outcome and also used Tarot to try to analyze the situation and each time (whether I performed the reading for myself or when I asked somebody else to perform it for me) it says: the delay is not your fault, the favorable answer will come to you soon, they will contact you when they are ready, and that’s pretty much it. This whole situation makes me feel utterly exhausted and energetically depleted. I started considering contacting entity outside my personal sphere of comfort, but I’ve read that you should be grounded in order for it to bring results, the problem is I am as far from being grounded and emotionally detached right now as possible and I am worrying that if I do something wrong I will find myself in an even bigger mess than the one I am in right now. If I approach any entity, which is new to me I want it to bring some meaningful results, I am tired of getting peanuts when I am in dire need of a real help.

2 Likes

My earlier problem with my petition spells not working was simply resolved by approaching new entities and not “overworking” 2 or 3 I was accustomed to working with.

There is however a new question I have regarding petition spells, whenever I burn my petition 9/10 times the flames consuming the petition shoot extremely high up and to be frank in a way that is absolutely impossible for a mere piece of paper bearing only some nominal marks of ink on it. How to explain it, is it the power of my intention or the entity?

1 Like

Can I petition the universe and if so how should I word it?

I would imagine if it’s a spirit then you’d wanna ASK them and then show gratitude once the petition has been burnt but if your petitioning then universe would it make sense to say something more along the lines of

“Thank you universe for making Jane doe contact me, I am grateful”

1 Like

You can phrase it anyway you like.

For example, “Dear Universe, I, Jack Doe ask that Jane Doe get in communication with me within two weeks. I thank you for bringing her into contact with me so quickly.”

1 Like

the wording of that resonates with me, thank you.

I’ll defo be using it. :grin:

Do I throw in her birthday??

1 Like

No, that’s not necessary. The universe knows of whom you speak. It’s your intention that matters.

1 Like

For added power can I sprinkle coffee and liquorice over the paper to compel her to me fast! For example once I’ve written the petition I’ll add the coffee and liquorice and rub them in to the paper in a clockwise fashion while envisioning communication from this person and thanking the universe for giving it to me.

And then burn the paper mix the ash with the powder and then blow it to the wind and say it is done .

1 Like

Sure, if you want to. There’s no need to overly complicate things, though.

Just a quick question. How important is disposing of it with elements or leaving it on an altar? Would it be just as effective to create it in a word document and then delete it to dispose of it?

It might be effective doing it digitally, but I think it mostly comes down to personal belief, For myself, writing a petition by hand, burning it and casting the ashes to the wind feels much more visceral and magical than typing it out on a word processor would. I personally don’t equate the actions to the same level, as I type on a computer every day so it feels too mundane. I prefer the weight of the pen in my hand, the smell of the smoke as the paper burns, and the feel of the wind on my face as I give my request to the universe.

2 Likes

Thanks, i might need to go with burial. Burning any piece of paper larger than mayb 2cm by 2cm isn’t an option here

1 Like

I’ve torn petitions to bits and dug a hole in soft ground with my foot to bury it. :+1:

3 Likes

Okay, well I just gave it a nudge. Very strong energy movement throughout my body just writing it, came in fast, like before I had finished the first sentence.

Went with:
“I, [my name], ask, in the name of the Lightbringer, Lucifer the Morning Star, that [name] and I form a friendship within one month, with no harm to anyone. I thank mighty Lucifer for his aid. So it is done”

1 Like