Translating Names Of Spirits

Lmfao. The Dhzyan Stanzas. I almost slapped a link to the book of it all up, but stopped after reading and realizing that its mostly untranslated names and possibly just as confusing as I am. Shit.

1 Like

For me, the “translated” names are worse!
~for example: damon brands “book”: the words of power, offers you a “translated” set of words…
now i gotta re-translated them, to assume the actual pronounciation :angry: …

Another example: the translation of names in general, like in the work of gregor a. gregorius…

he translated “cthulu” with “kutulu”
but idk if the name of the entity is pronounced with a “th” or a “t”

same with nyarlathotep.
~again that “th” or “t” issue.

• idk if the “y” is like a “j” or a “ü/y”
2 Likes

Lmfao. I think part of it read like The Amutparbadha is Gwop Bosom jinkies batman.

1 Like

if nyarlathotep heared my rant, he will know about my hardship with his impressive name,
yet, its difficult for me to pronounce it XD

1 Like

Yeah, I had the same problem when I was working with Jerry Johnson’s Daoist sorcery books. Why couldn’t he just put english translation next to the originals.

2 Likes

And basically, for at least those two names, use an Egyptian pronunciation. Like a hard T that stands alone from the following H. Like Cah-T-Hoolu

1 Like

… Hope it makes sense. Lol.

1 Like

THATS WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT :smiley:
~the same goes for my book on kundalini: they offer your just some german un-melodic and confusing mess, instead of actual sanskrit :cry:

2 Likes

a german “t” :wink:

1 Like

Oh my inner workings, GERMANIC Sanskrit!? Unthinkable.

1 Like

Listen for yourself :smiley:

1 Like

Well folks, I hate to say it, but it appears that Germany will be the unmolested group of peoples when mighty Cthulhu rises. Because they got it right.

2 Likes

:rofl: …

1 Like

Where will I be? - you may ask. Well, I’ll be here, on the Internet. Safe.

1 Like

Besides I gotta stay hanging out somewhere. They don’t like me in the Bar n Grill cause this one time I had this pack of wild coyotes with me. Nothing I could really do about that, but well you try telling them!

1 Like

Please additonal off topic material -even if rather interesting :thinking:
~in another thread :wink:

We could it the “the old ones arrive in the old and new world” -thread

1 Like

@ me if you want a topic split done, and a new thread created from that stuff?

2 Likes

if you would like, then please split it :smiley:

my lady :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Done. :smiley:

1 Like

Its like magick! But its more like a superhero of you to show up just in time to save a thread from going astray. :wink: I applaud!

2 Likes