Through the nine worlds of Yggdrasil; pathworking (Journal)

bahahahaha you need to make a ritual with that name! :joy:

1 Like

A couple but before any of that I’d recommend you read the prose or the Poetic Edda before anything else. It’s more or less about immersion plus you’ll get a lot more of the references that are made in the stories and poems if you do.

As for books for the Pantheon I’d recommend

Thorssons - the first three books; The handbook of rune magic, Runelore, and the Web of Wyrd the runecasters handbok. For the runes. Along with;

Jan Fries Helrunar

I also recommend you look into The Heathen it’s a really good book - In regards to start the pathworking aspect of these workings. It gets into invocation as dedication prayers to build a relationship and from there the’ll start come through. In addition to the former I recommend Raven Caldera’s books on the subject as those are really great.

One of my sources from above: Odhínns gateways.

If you want to focus on the darker aspects of the Norse Magick see if you can track down Ekkortu’s books, among others.

2 Likes

Yeah I tried finding heathen earlier but it’s hard to come across

1 Like

It is. I don’t know if they still are selling it on BALG. If they do hopefully you can get it cheaper. I don’t know about any specific Grimoire on most of the races other the Aesir as well as the Giants. The reason as to why that is, is because there doesn’t exist a lot of preserved written material or archeological sources that’ve been found as of yet, at least not any clear one’s relating to the other races, at least not in terms of spiritual practices or cults to anything other than the Æsir. That I’ve been able to find myself.And it seems this guy sort of agrees with me on this;

2 Likes

Just came back to update, I’m a little over half the way through the eddas and almost finish with futhark.

Both have been really interesting and easy to keep interested.

2 Likes

I’ve finally found myself back at this current after indulging in some some Qliphothic workings; the sounds of silence and The Rite of Qliphothic Intrusion, along with some workings from BMOA (Black Magick of Ahriman) that’s been holding my attention for nearly a month and as a result I’ve just been doing some Rökkr workings like resting in Ginnungap, more on that later, and dedication prayer, thereby excluding the runes from my daily practice. I am directed here once more as I probably needed to learn or develop a few things first. Like my overall sensitivity and energy flow (as some areas in my body have a lesser flow of energy than others, found that out through the Qliphothic workings), among other things. So here’s my carved Lauguz rune I’ll add the theoretical info about this rune soon enough, here’s an image of the rune in the meantime;

Also the overall thing this rune seems to do when carried around is to increase overall sensitivity to energy, along with a more open senses in general plus it seems to open you up to synchronicities it seems as I keep seeing my totem animal the hare, I always thought it was a wolf but nope its not. There are three total by the way, one on land, one in the air and one in the water I’ve discovered one out of three so I need to find a way to discover the rest as well. The hare is a quite interesting animal it relates to witchcraft and the full moon among other things, really funny and weird thing that animal…at any rate and update will follow later. Until then I wish you luck.

All the best

1 Like

Here are some of my notes not all I’ll split the theoretical portion of this rune in two parts. So here’s basically what’ve found out about the runes meaning;

The word Lauguz means water or lake in protogermanic. In younger Futhark it’s called Löger, which translates to waterfall in Icelandic. The rune translates to ocean in anglosaxon, the Name being Lagu.

This journal will come alive again. I’ve been occupied with Ahrimanic magick for nearly a month. Although some effort has been invested into this current. Here’s an example;

As you can see I plan to do more than the standard 24 set. I don’t know why yet I am drawn to do it this way than the regular way. However, this is how it’s gonna be from now on. I’ll add some video journals to this as well. This is the expanded set of Anglo Saxon runes from the 5th century C.E. The set consists of 26 to 33 letters. And was used in England until the 10th-11th century.

1 Like

It is good to see you posting again! I always enjoy reading your journal entries. Very informative and helpful :blush:

I am opting for the saxon style runes as well. I was actually inspired by your post to do so. It connected some dots for me regarding magick and familial ties. And Seeing as I have genetically a lot of Scottish, Irish, Anglo Saxon and French (gualish?) In my heritage. Much, much more so than the Swedish, Norwegian and Danish. I think this version will be a better fit. And more easily accessible for me. I do place some significance in blood lines. And I do think that people will be stronger in areas that have genetic or heritage connections. Perhaps it’s ancestral memory of sorts.🤷 thats my theory anyways

I look forward to your next installment!

I’m about to begin the creation of mine here in a few days. Ive only been putting it off for…like 5 months.

I will post my runes once i have the first aett* finished.

1 Like

Thank you very much. I know that the reward is the art. However, its noce for me to know that this journal help people.

I have a similar theory about that myself but we can talk about that in a PM. Which reminds me, I got a few PM:s to finalize.

You should know I plan to try out this set and the Elder Futhark set to see which work better for me. I can’t help to feel that I’ve been guided to this by either Hella or the Allfather to find new connections to an old path if you will. What I mean is with the rune set expanded perhaps it will reveal more aspects to the elder Futhark as well. Plus this runeset reveals a evolution of the language where some sounds or words were omitted as time progressed.

What’s weird is we know way more about the Futhorc alphabet than the Elder Futhark, and yet it seems that there’s more info on blogs and such about the Elder Futhark, strange thing that is. Anyways, my point is I’ll mix it up a bit sometimes I’ll try out the Elder Futhark and then Anglo Saxon alphabet to see which resonates better for me. But in theory there really shouldn’t be much difference between the two after all if you know the runes you should be able to use them.

One problem with the expanded runeset is some sounds are still, well, unknown and also the number becomes so and so, meaning of it’s 33 its a prime number and can’t be split into groups of even number. If it’s 26, 28 or 32 then yes then we can split them up. With that there’s another problem. I’ll deal with that later. However, as you can see with this set of runes we are left with guess work to a degree, about their function and purpose or intuition, and we need to do some digging. The runes I am referring to are

Kveórdh - we don’t know they meaning of the rune.

Stein - which is only used in manuscripts. And we have only found one instance of this rune being used in writing.

Áur/Jara - have two different ways of being written; the Inguz shaped rune with a line appears in manuscripts and then the snowflake like version; an Isa line with an small x in the middle, appears elsewhere.

This is the info I forgot to include in the previous post regarding the alphabet.

1 Like

This became a a bit of a scatterbrained journal after all. Which was not my intention at all. So here we go the previous rune will be accounted for in the upcoming days, but for now I’ll start by writing up my experience with;

Algiz/iolx

Which translates to elk sedge. I don’t remember how the rune link together with a story, however today instead of following my previous strict ruling of three days of theory and then three days of meditation and chanting and finally three days of intoning and invoking the rune before carving it. I just sat down during my break today and started to intone the rune. What happened then was as I intoned then rune I visualized it glowing in red. It became pretty clear really fast. Then it emitted some baby blue glowing mist that behaved like threads that entered my aura. The energy filled it up until it morphed into an egg shaped dome with me inside of it.

Then I saw myself sitting before my altar doing a dedication prayer. I heard a faint male voice saying: you don’t greet the gods sitting down; you stand.

Then the vision morphed into a warband of dudes, clad in armor and looked pretty much how you imagine old Norse males to look like, a lot like Rollo according to me (I am not a fan of Vikings to be honest, it’s ok). Then a bright flash of light appeared and an image of the allfather as a cloaked old man with a staff and two ravens circling around him appeared before them.

The warriors stood up and the leader asked; who are you?

The cloaked man said; does it matter? If I would be the all father or a beggar.

Warriors; prove to us you are the all father.

The Old man seemingly made water stream from a nearby small hill. And the warriors kneeled. And then I heard it again; you greeet the gods standing up.

Then I saw the shape of the rune again, indicating how you should stand. Then it turned upside down. I felt intuitively that it was meant to be seen as a sword. And a sword in the ground could be seen. With its pointy end stuck in the ground. Consecrating it to a god. This practice was used by the Vikings who’d throw appears onto the battlefield before a battle would start to consecrate it to Ódhínn. I was also drawn to the idea that this rune represents Baldur’s sword, how I don’t know. We’ll see.

That about it regarding my experience with this rune for today. I’ll post about it more in the upcoming days.

1 Like

Jimminy crickets that gave me chills to read. I’m gonna intone 4 of my runes today if i get the chance. I’m starting with ur instead of Fehu. Following the book: nightside of the runes: the uthark. So it will be Ur, Thurs, As, Reid. Ought to be an interesting adventure. I wanted to follow the same rituals you do. But i am having difficulty finding time to do it with my kiddos being home all day. And its not getting done. So this is going to be me getting them done as like I was told to do back in March/April. The feeling i get is better now then never and better as I can than not at all.

Still really want to do it traditionally. :weary: however I’m hoping the all father will not mind me doing my best with what ive got.

I also had the urge to shave my head and offer him my hair for the eye of odin rite…but I’m too attached to it. Lol so i havent done that rite yet either.

1 Like

throw spears *

1 Like

The all father is usually forgiving but he is a harsh teacher though. One the best things about Odhinn I’ve been able to determine is that he always has a plan and a reason, he will get his way one way or another. That’s what is also so very scary about him if you will. He is very calculating and stern but if you have won his trust he will return it until you make him mad then he will turn on you like a viper.

I am sure you know that, and I think he will appreciate the efforts. Go ahaead and try to do the rite of Odhinn when you can. I think I am finally ready for the next inntiation rite; Freyas but first I got a few runes to deal with first before that.

1 Like

The thing I’ve found with this rite in terms of the sacrifice has to be personal and carry personal significance to you. So it shouldn’t be something you can give away without care. Like blood can be easily given but the more personal it is and the harder it is to give away the more powerful the rite will likely become. Odhinn gave his we need to use that as an example.

1 Like

Thats why my hair seemed like a good sacrafice. Ive been growing it out for about 9 years. It’s hip length and I treat it like my crown. So it is very sacred to me. It is one of those things that would be regretted deeply in losing. I cherish my hair and have zero desire to shave it off. It was one of the main things I thought of for a sacrafice first when I started reading up on the eye of odin rite.

I feel like im either going to end up giving a good bit of blood or a good portion of hair or a good bit of time to earn this. Which would be worth it.

3 Likes

I been drawn towards starting my path with Odin and Goddes Morrigan , have ADD as well , did you manage to cure it or did just embrace it ? XD
Also I recently found out about Zalmoxis I’m from Romania guess it’s kinda my heritage , from what I know it’s very similar with Odin

1 Like

If you feel drawn to working with Odhín go ahead. Based on what I’ve found out about him is that he usually accepts new students, it is usually the student/‘s that leave the pathworking too early. Because it can be a bit demanding in ways you can’t foresee, or they don’t like his teaching methods. Thought I should let you know.

If you feel drawn to the vampiric current of your ancestors then go ahead. I haven’t met Zalmoxis myself so I don’t know what he’s like. In your case it may be simpler than for most other since you likely won’t “need to be initiated”. You should, at least in theory, basically just be able to jump in. Unlike me who had to be initiated first.

Based on my teachers feedback and the overall results of vampiric magick it works fast…really fast. Be sure to include grounding in your routine if you haven’t already done so.

1 Like

Not necessarily drawn to the vampiric aspect I think there’s more to be known about Zalmoxis found a rly nice documentary if wanna take a look , it’s mind-blowing especially last 30 mins , ZALMOXIS, The God of Geto Dacians (documentary movie) - YouTube

2 Likes

Will take a look later for sure.

1 Like

Regarding the ADD, its a bit of both. Meaning you (I) has to embrace it and stop resisting “it” in order to work through it. Plus there’s a lot of good apps these days for people with ADHD/ADD.

One of the best stuff there is according to me is the Dual n’ back app. Great for working memory, focus and attention which also translates to everything else. Like meditations for example.

1 Like