That Moment When 8: Strange days stranger nights

TMW you hope would worked off the dinner you just ate…

2.25 hours today. 2.5 yesterday. 2 on friday.

2 Likes

Looks like seriously good tools and a satisfying pile of firewood. I can almost hear the crack as the logs split.
Must have been a good workout

1 Like

The shed to the right is 3/4 full of logs.

Some new pieces mixed with the old.

2 Likes

Now that is heavy duty work! You deserve a treat after all that. I know what hard work looks and feels like so respect to you :muscle:

1 Like

It is. My son has done a few logs. Dozens more large ones not pictured to go.

I split them thin with the wedge. Otherwise, I have to touch that same piece of wood several times for the same effect.

1 Like

It’s good that your son did some, that’s the kind of thing he will remember one day. I can kind of see how the splitting wedge works. I guess with the triangular shape it makes it better for stacking and burning.

1 Like

The floor of that shed wasn’t made with exterior wood (idiots). So I’m splitting the wood inside so I can cut the floor out and stack the pieces after cutting the floor out.

If I hadn’t dislocated my shoulder a few months ago (pulled out, popped back in), I would be able to do it more efficiently (floor removal and restacking). With 5 mature trees worth of wood, it’s slower than I like.

But my son wanted to do some tonight (now that it’s dark). He said tomorrow was fine. He’s done 3 large trunk’s worth, compared to his size.

1 Like

Here’s a tip for everyone. Amazon is being a big asshat and trying to push everyone towards their shitty music subscription. If you use Amazon Music app or the Amazon app on your device, it will loyally block you from being able to access the mp3 you’re wanting.

But, if you can see it in their store, then search for the band and song name + “mp3” on Google and, for now, you can get around this dumbassery.

This wasn’t as much of an issue when Google music was around, but with less competition…

1 Like

Here’s the latest pupdate. She’s getting big

5 Likes

I don’t suppose you’ve taught her to use a sledge yet, have you? I saw a video where someone.taught their dog to swing a machete a shin height, so thought I’d ask.

2 Likes

That looks fun. What do you use all the lumber for?

1 Like

We have a firepit. But the trees were taken down because most were dead.

This reminds me of the wood chopping in Skyrim. The last time I played Skyrim was forever ago, back then I could never get tired of it. I’m waiting for ES6 now.

1 Like

Been a while.since I played it. Almost a year. Must easier, chopping wood in Skyrim…and faster…

1 Like

Yeah, I could only dream of chopping wood in real life. If I want to in the near future, I can probably find and buy fire wood that’s a little too thick.

No one in person might believe me but I remember when my grandpa brought a big woodchipper on his property to cut Christmas trees.

1 Like

it was an urban property with a concrete driveway.

1 Like

That’s why I use the wedge. I use the axe to help split things apart what are being troublesome.

If I were to quarter the wood, I’d then have to use the axe to split it further. How many times do I want to touch (split, stack, store, re-split) each piece of wood? Sledge it into small pieces with a safer tool first.

2 Likes

TMW when the Demon asks for another candle and it strangely melts at the base and falls over but still lit.

3 Likes

Lmao, I have not but maybe a nice knocker for her would be good lol

2 Likes

Tmw you are interested in the occult and you take a survey over the phone where they ask if you have rare interests and you say no. Very secretive, I am. Stay in the shadows folks.:ninja:

Tmw the above story is looong overdue.