That Moment When 7: Just Tears in the Rain

That moment whenā€¦the stage production you have worked hard on for the last two months may be cancelled due to virus fears, even though there is not a single case in your entire city, and only one on the entire island upon which you live :sob:

Because no one is buying tickets, the company cannot afford to go forward with the show.

2 Likes

How about a livestream? People could buy an internet pass exclusively for the show. It wouldnā€™t be the same, of course but at least the effort wasnā€™t wasted and you could perform

2 Likes

Unfortunately, that is not feasible. It would still require building the set in the venue, which we pay rent on, and it is pointless to make that effort for a non physical audience. If we already had the set built it might have been possible, but the cancellation is coming just before tech week, when we move into the venue and build everything.

2 Likes

That sucks, sorry for the lousy timing.

2 Likes

Thanks. Theyā€™re discussing now whether to cancel completely or just postpone until a later date. Iā€™m now left wondering if that means the cast and crew donā€™t get paidā€¦

Edit to add: I wish I had thought earlier about magicking up more ticket sales, maybe the situation could have been prevented.

2 Likes

Can you guys film some rehearsals and discussions and make a documentary about the process of the play (rather than the play itself), and how the virus is affecting that? :thinking:

Give it a good enough title on YT and might get clicks, which may open other avenues for you.

Can you and some others make a series of acting masterclass vids promoted as ā€œLearn a skill in lockdownā€ which IMO is going to be huge, soon, with more countries in Europe and maybe eventually states and provinces doing the same?

ā€œWhat actors have to say about interview skillsā€ etc., stuff like I put in this from Michael Caineā€™s masterclass? 2 Little Tricks To Look Cool On Video & Meetings

A lot of people will be out of a job and looking for a new job after this.

Govtā€™s telling us all to sit on our arses at home for a while, so the moneyā€™s there for anyone crafting decent well-considered content. :+1:

2 Likes

Oh, that is not something I would have considered. Thanks for that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tmw having a panic attack while trying to evoke King Belial, evoking Lucifer afterwards and end up crying. Iā€™m a mess confirmed :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

That moment whenā€¦on the positive side, if the show is for sure cancelled, we donā€™t have to start tech week tomorrow, so I will have time to start some magicks (and not have to get up really early to be at the theatre) :+1:

3 Likes

TMW i have to tell someone if you see me doing this Iā€™m not praying ā€¦ itā€™s something entirely different

6 Likes

Whatcha doing?

3 Likes

He is most likely in some stage of casting a spell. He is really a really experienced black magician so just using his hands will cast whatever spell he desires.

For me if I may hands come together I am usually charging for an defensive or offensive use of my energy. Heā€™s more experienced then me so he can cast more with just his hands.

1 Like

Reminds me of something I do. When I start randomly dancing about with my hands moving to the tune of some non-existent music, Iā€™m feeling out and raising energies in the space. I donā€™t have a real term for it, but Iā€™ve started to refer to it as a faerie dance. And I just do it, without thinking about it.

4 Likes

Modeling to us his cool tattoos, lol

@C.Kendall have you had many successes casting spell via photos on social media?

2 Likes

This remind me Suspiria movie

tumblr_pdwgc6dbvx1va6ermo1_r1_540

3 Likes

No idea what that is, but when I do my faerie dance, itā€™s always without thinking/realizing that Iā€™m doing it until I actually start doing it. I donā€™t work with the fae at all, but it seems an adequate term for the dancing about raising energies. Reminiscent of depictions of faerie parties in the woods where they dance ballroom style. Or like the one detective guy from Boondock Saints when he was investigating the crime scenes.

3 Likes

I just got a mental picture of that.

If my hands go together I am getting ready to throw
Something at you. It always reminds me of closing a Electrical Circuit closing one charges me up so to speak.

2 Likes

I LOVE THIS! I wish I could really throw peopleā€¦ wait no, no I donā€™t. The world would not longer be a safe place when I lose my temper.

3 Likes

I usually donā€™t do anything with it, except bask in the flow, but I oftentimes just idly fiddle about with - once energies - the fabric of the world when Iā€™m bored or thinking about things and not focusing on anything besides my thoughts.

Honestly though, Iā€™ve started to stop thinking in ā€˜energiesā€™ and more currents or flows of the world. Basically energies, but one meta-level up from that. Metamagick is a pretty big focus in my practice after all.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s really interestingā€¦ I kinda like learning how others use magick.

2 Likes