Talking about Belial

That’s strange all the things I wondered about Belial. You gave me a new view! Thank you so much. I been looking for something like this. It never occurred to me Belial can be considered Alpha Male or masculinity. Can you provide examples?

Belial is a beast, but that’s not why I recommended him here: he’s good at self control and self accountability, so he helps with getting rid of addictions: or anything that “chains” you and hold you back… He is the “breaker of chains”.

So that also makes him good at helping you master yourself, including having the discipline to get in the gym and get your workout in even when you don’t feel like it.

If I was to label him, it wouldn’t be “Alpha”, it would be “Sigma”. He makes Alpha males look like validation seeking pussies, going “look at me, look at me”. Sigma males don’t give a fuck what anyone thinks and people love them because they get shit done and make everyone look great without needing pats on the back for it. :smiley:

3 Likes

That’s really strange you say that because I did an invocation to Belial before I got in that wreck. In another post we spoke about. I did ask for some independence but everything that happened to me seems like it was meant for me to break some chains.

2 Likes

The Breaker of Chains is the epithet E.A. gave him during his multi year working with the nine gatekeepers, of whom Belial is the first and the opener of the way.

If you’re interested in more about Belial, you might like the compendium made by multiple mages who worked with him on that.

1 Like

Please do tell me more. I am a demonolator. S. Connolly style but your description of him is indeed the Belial I encountered.

I recently did a reading on the incident. It appears that my NDE and the wreck I got into and everything that happened inside my coma in a OBE I did a lot of fighting to break free. In fact one example was I encountered an ash covered voodoo priestess warned me of vampiric women who will try to take energy in waking life and in another part of the coma I experienced fire in a building and no workers were there so I had to help rescue others even though I was a patient. No laws or protocols were in place. I was given a badge of honor for my courage and heroic deed even though i was in hospital.
Etc

I been trying to make sense all of this. It came to forefront conclusion when you mentioned Belial breaker of chains! I’m not sure if my wreck or coma is meant to initiate me. But my life has been a living hell ever since the wreck. Constantly facing bullshit one after another but as for now. It’s clearing up. I fought a lot. I’m ok. I’m standing up more, becoming more aggressive, I. Taking units to get out of my situation. Etc

Lol anyway point is I want to know more about Belial please direct me.

I mean, that’s an actual book called “compendium of Belial” by E.A. Koetting that I’m talking about, I think you might like to get that and read it. :slight_smile: It’s up on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/BELIAL-Without-Master-Demonic-Gatekeepers/dp/1795069325/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=28XO4PO5YAYHV&keywords=belial+koetting&qid=1678874757&sprefix=belial+koetting%2Caps%2C103&sr=8-3

There’s also a version that is half the price and is E.A.’s part only without the other mages’ input.

On the NDE and the issues you had after your hospitalisation and feelings of opression, it reminds me that hospitals are really dirty places psychically, and they are full of the restless dead that can attach to people and cause a lot of problems.

The situation sounds like it’s complex, and the other thing it puts me in mind of is “shamanic illness”. This is a kind of make or break situation where people with strong natural shamanic ability are basically beset with mainly health but also life problems that they learn to fix so they can in turn help others fix them too. NDEs and really traumatic experiences can cause this kind of thing to kick in as well.

This book :point_down: has interesting accounts of the problems ghost attachments can cause, dealt with shamanistically via a psychiatric setting: if you relate to any of these anecdotes then investigating attachments that are bringing you unwanted energy wouldn’t hurt. Belial can help with removing such things, Samael, ime, is also very good at this.

Since you’re a demonolator you might also like Mark Allen Smith book on Belial which is a very different and devotional take called The Scorpion God. He has made free pdfs available or it’s 2nd hand these days.

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t have the finances right now but I was having bullshit problems before my wreck that happened when I moved back to Texas from Florida.

It sounds like on multiple of times you mentioned shamanism as if you are aware of my unique experiences. So I’m actually taking that into account.

And btw just recently I got involved with scorpions as well. At first I thought it was alchemy but that shit is too complex I want a simple approach to accommodate my personal lifestyle and lack of privacy to keep an altar out.i will check out The Scorpion God

So I’m so happy you mentioned Belial can help remove unwanted attachments especially since I was in that hospital. Please do message me I stead of going off topic here on this thread.

1 Like

How I met Belial. In my 20s when I lived in PA independently from my family.

I want to take a moment here from my experiences with Belial there’s so much information on him and really think he has strong Celtic roots because of his name.

Bel means Lord in ancient semite language and AL is aleph-lamed also can be Canaanite god El. I’m aware there is a other Goetia Bael who can be similar. They also seen to be a reflection of each other. So in Celtic holidays there’s Beltane that’s usually a right of dancing the May Poles (a phallua perhaps) and Belial has bedn known to be involved in sex or sexuality. But mind you Belial in Hebrew rooted in a judaic influence which is heavily involved with Kabalah and usually incorporated to further split humanity to keep them from knowing “good and evil” aka the Qlippoth vs Kabalah. In reality demons or Daemons are Divine Intelligence that deals with a balance of light and dark, material and spiritual. Beltane is the fire of man’s soul existing in the flesh (earth). The fire master over earth. Even our earth has a molten liquid fire.

My point is Belial represents a freeing aspect, independence, “breaking chains” and this shouldn’t be seen as good or bad but a necessary change like life and death. Belial in literature is then rightfully location in the North element of earth.

This also coincides with Celtic BILE.

Bile (bele; pl., bili)
Symbolic plant. A sacred tree, often found near a holy well or other honored site, is even today in Ireland decorated with offerings, especially strips of cloth called clooties. In ancient times such a tree would have marked an inauguration site, and its branches would have provided the wood used for the king’s scepter. There is also a god of this name, ancestral father to the milesians who were the last invaders of Ireland, but it is unclear if tree and god are connected; indications that Bile was an underworld divinity could be linked to the tree’s function as a symbol of the unification of the underworld (roots) and upper world (branches).

The term bile was used to designate a sacred tree or any genus, although certain kinds of trees, including oak, yew, and ash, were thought to have special powers. The Irish place-poems, the dindshenchas, describe five great trees of ancient Ireland, including an oak that bore nuts and apples at the same time as acorns, replicating the trees said to grow in the other-world. The second sacred tree was the yew of ross, described as a “firm strong god,” while the remaining three were ash trees, most notably the mythic Ash of uisneach, which, when felled, stretched 50 miles across the countryside.

In addition to having totem animals, the ancient Celts may have believed in ancestral tree-spirits; we find one ancient Irish group going by the name of Fir Bile, “tribe of the sacred tree,” while the Continental Eburones were the "yew-tree tribe.

So I take the strong solid earth of Belial who can have a symbol as a tree.
images
images

You can use your imagination here to see the symmetry of Belial’s sigil and a tree!

So the Oak is sacred to Druid in Celtic culture what people don’t realize it etymology says Dru Wid means knower of the Oak. Or tree I. Etymology was similar to Troth or truth. So it is knower of truth. To have truth ja to be firm, strong, like the oak tree. It’s science when I say Oak trees attract lightening, the trunk of the Oak struck by lightning could symbolize serpent of fire traveling up the spine like a Caduceus. Serpents was held by the Horned God of the Earth Cernunnos. In Green Zeus tree was an oak as well.
download

That horned serpent is the life force from the Serpent of fire. Belial as Cernunnos is perfectly fitting then! And is surrounded by beasts…

Technically “breaking chains” is in my opinion a very fitting epithet.

So yes I agree Belial would be a big help here. Sigma male is standing firm and confident and strong! He would be the one you call on for improvement of the body to break through a plateau or if you work out you are using the “aggressive” aspects, breaking down muscles through work and when you rest as in “sleep” which is like a miniature death. You are being transformed.

1 Like

Do you mean Gaelic… Irish Gaelic? Celtic is not actually a language. It’s the name for a diverse group of peoples, and a family of languages including the various versions of modern Gaelic.

(But I’m not finding this definition online from the book An etymological dictionary of the Gaelic language by Macbain, Alexander, 1855-1907, 1911 other definitions in modern Irish use the English definition … do you have a reference for what language this is in? )

What is Celtic is itself a bit confusing, to be fair. As nicely discussed by historian Survive the Jive here: Who were the Celts?.

“Celt” sometimes refers to indigenous Northwest Europeans, who formerly spoke or do now speak insular [British Isles] Celtic languages, while also referring to an historical ethnolinguistic culture on the Continent, which encompassed many diverse peoples. … They were not a prehistoric people nor a homogenous racial group.
Hence my confusion on what language “bile” is… Gaulish?

Having said that… there have been analysis on the name, but they’re all theories. This is where we get the idea of 'worthless" from. Relationships between historical groups of humans tends to rely on the evolution of language, and the Celts spoke Gaelic, which is not derived from Hebrew.
The Breaker of Chains is E.A.'s Gnosis, you won’t find it in historical literature.

Here is a tree showing the relational development of Indo European Languages… Hebrew is not on it, because it’s not part of this tree, its descended from proto-Afro-Asiatic. Trade probably mixed things up a bit but not to show up as cognates with clear evolutionary roots.

and proto-Afro-Asiatic:

So, since they’re unrelated historically, as far as we know, I don’t think Belial’s name has anything to do with bile, which doesn’t mean tree anyway. (In Irish tree is crann, scots it’s craobh, welsh derw… oak doesn’t translate to this either? :thinking: )

I find languages a fascinating area of enquiry so if you’re into this line of thinking, I completely recommend following up on the research.

Langfocus on youtube is also wonderful for linguistics, and he does have a video on the relationships between Celtic and Semitic languages (they’re structural he doesn’t discuss cognates): he theorizes why at 9 minutes in: spoilers, maybe contact such as trade, but it’s unproven.

1 Like

(I have moved this convo out here as it’s off topic for the OP.)

1 Like

I can see that, but it looks more like a castle being defended to me. We don’t really know what medieval mage created this sigil, but he wasn’t a druid I would put money on that.

Knower of the truth” yes. :slight_smile: The Anglosaxons also used the same word for tree and truth: treow.
Wouldn’t it be nice if we had Druid Kings again? King Arthur isn’t going to rise from his sleep though, I fear. Stick with Belial at least he’s around.

from Celtic compound *dru-wid- “strong seer,” from Old Celtic *derwos “true” (from PIE root *deru- “tree,” especially oak) + *wid- “to know” (from PIE root *weid- “to see”). Hence, literally, perhaps, “they who know the oak” …Etymology online

All trees attract lighting. All trees are sacred to the Druids. But all you need to get struck by lighting is for the leader from you to connect with one of the leaders coming down from the clouds first.

Wait I lost you. What have snakes got to do with Belial? Cernunnos is more related to Pan and through Pan to Azazel I feel.

But here we are playing the matchy matchy game, which I personally feel is unecessary, as has been discussed on BALG before.
It’s ok to commune with both Belial and Cernunnos… and Pan and attain their gifts as individuals. What’s the need being met in smushing them together? You just lost all the nuance?

I mean, he comes from a part of the world here Oaks didn’t even exist. :woman_shrugging:

You know, if you want an Oak, really… and speaking as a student Druid myself (Order of Bards Ovates and Druids, I’m not at all done with the Bardic grade) then… why not go out for a walk and talk to an actual Oak?
Tree divination, as in, using the Ogam, is a thing.
At that point, you could compare the lived experience of the energy of Oak compared to the Energy of Belial, rather than letting your conscious mind run away with the story and build castles in the sky.

This is all so intellectual and lovely and all, but Druidry and magick are practices, what does it mean if you are not practicing druidry on its own merits, or speaking to Belail on his own merits?

I’m aware Celtic isn’t a language in and of itself it is a Celtic but Celtic mostly has to do with Hallstatt culture. I am Irish gaelic descent.

I wasn’t trying to prove anything as factual history but I was speculating my own theories and personal experiences with Belial.

The bile is an established cosmological concept in Irish mythology. Bile just means ‘tree,’ but it often has connotations of a ‘sacred tree’ or ‘venerated tree,’ as well as ‘scion, hero.’ as far as a word goes um yeah. I was referencing not to actual language.

The bile is heavily associated with matters of kingship in Irish tradition, and it’s thought that kings were inaugurated beneath its branches. There was probably a bile in each túath (kingdom), and the myths mention there was a bile for each province, too. The Settling of the Manor Tara explains their origins, while the Dindshenchas (‘Place-name Lore’) has poems/tales about them, too. In theory, the bile was much like the Norse concept of Yggdrasil. It may have represented a conduit of sorts – a conduit between the different realms, and where communication with the gods was therefore a bit easier. Perhaps even a place where they were made manifest.

Since the nineteenth or so, some writers have talked about a ‘primordial figure’ named Bile – a figure who occupies a comparable position as Beli does (or is/was thought to have) in Welsh mythology. The slight snag, though, is that there’s no real evidence someone like that actually ever existed; the very idea itself is just speculation and Belial’s connection to trees when it comes to element of Earth. This is what I experienced.

https://web.archive.org/web/20040423073037/https://mythicalireland.com/mythology/tuathade/danubile.html

Solar theory and sun gods are a whole other kettle of fish as far as Irish beliefs go, but a lot of modern academics feel it’s a rather outdated concept.

So I do apologize for the confusion I may caused. As I wasn’t interested in the language but concepts in myths of Ireland or of Celtic deities including Hallstatt culture. As explaining my theories and speculations about Belial and why I connect with him so well through nature especially trees.

I hope that clears up some stuff because my brain is not in a position to go into nitty gritty detail splitting hairs about languages. I know I don’t need to twist my mind or tongue right now lol. (I’m very exhausted).

Ok, that’s the 2nd definition of Celt then: the Continental peoples? I lost the Irish connection though, as the Irish are the first definition of Celtic above (speaking Celtic languages), not continental … Hallstatt culture was Central and Western European… centered around what is today Austria, (and Hallstatt the city is in Austria still? It extended a bit into the Southeast of England, according to this teensy map in wikipedia:

Survive the Jive’s research video linked above mention people get the two kinds of “Celts” confused, and that seems to be borne out here. The Irish culture and the Hallstatt culture are not the same, so that’s still confusing me. Do they have Biles too?

Interesting! I found this: Sacred and Magical Trees - Forestry Focus
So they named specific, special trees as "Bile [name]', is that what you’re saying.

So, to you, you’re not saying “Belial is Cernunnos” or “Belial is the Oak”, but he is to you as the local Bile was to the ancient Irish? A sacred conduit worth being worked with above other ‘trees’ or entities in your sphere?

Yup that’s what I’m saying. It’s just speculation, theories I like including my Irish-gaelic myths folklore and some traditions in my daemonolatry pagan practice.