Summoning Marvel or DC characters to do work for you

I just found out that I became a superhero in someone’s comic book universe.

Kind of cool even if the costume sucks, I mean come on they made me look like a friggin Vegas stage magician from 1975 who’s applying for a job as a Mexican wrestler and going to serve you a margarita.

13 Likes

Try changing it? Think how cool it would be if the next time you looked for his details, they included something you’d added! :smiley:

4 Likes

Ooh i actually always wanted to try this out lol i think i may have to have a go :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah just be careful because if you summon the Kree Race they might fuck the solar system up.

2 Likes

I’ve employed the likes of Batman, Iron Man, The Joker, and Doomsday before.

3 Likes

For real world effects?

Batman has helped my muscular regeneration, Iron Man for innovations and products, The Joker helped me ground a friend that broke, and Doomsday has helped me make a few people disappear.

6 Likes

Ground a friend that broke?

I don’t know the terminology. Forgive my ignorance, what does that mean?

A friend of mine saw something they weren’t ready for and was driven hysterically crazy by it, the Joker helped me fix them up and let them integrate the experience.

8 Likes

I dread to ask what and how your friend saw.

1 Like

I guess any fictional character is available. I mean, Squidward and SpongeBob for example, Shaggy from Scooby Do, the Lion of Nania, the Mad Hatter, the wolf in Little Red Riding Hood, Bilbo Baggins, Oliver Twist, Tin Tin

It’s figuring out what they are useful for.

so on.

2 Likes

Tip: avoid Hannibal Lecter ffs! :grin:

Actually, you could probably sic him on someone to try and make them go crazy, but he is one fucking malevolent son of a bitch, and I think the TV version is strongest because a lot of women (and probably men) found the actor really hot, and therefore he got a lot of, probably rather twisted, lust energy:

4 Likes

Dude… You so know that I’m going to evoke Hannibal Lecter from the TV series because of your post warning against it right? lol

1 Like

I’m curious to know how close he got you to do anything lol

1 Like

Hey, eating paleo-style isn’t cheap my friend, don’t judge! :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness, he didn’t get very far, but his intent was totally malevolent, and not in the same way we’re told demons are evil, but they actually are often empowering, so if you do that, go into it with your eyes open and keep a journal logging his influence. Maybe he “learned” from me not to bite the hand that feeds, but if you watched the TV series (which I highly recommend ,it’s amazing) then you’ll see how cleverly he games people…

1 Like

I’ve seen it lol

Gosh I’m tempted… The problem is, I don’t know what he’d be good for lol… Other than some pretty sick amusement.

Do you peak into ‘fictional’ words at all? Fun stuff that. Watching that show I thought, damn there is a lot of twisted serial killers in this world. The FBI is busy.

1 Like

Hahaha so, if we didn’t know who hannibal lecture was, would he have gotten away with more?

I love horror movies, but I haven’t been able to make myself watch them lately, every since I watched the trailer for ‘Beware the Slenderman’

As I was sitting there, a portal opened up and this damn thing starting coming through, icy chill and all. We got rid of it pretty quick, but then it came back… In a girl.

It was so ingrained in her that we missed it for awhile. I saw it, but thought it was cancer and I insisted that the girl get checked. Fucking thing tried to kill me and caused all kinds of damage. Terrible experience.

2 Likes

Comic book characters I think are the latest masks for the currents they are the modern day mythology.

4 Likes

Yeah a few people are saying that.

Modern Gods?

I love this idea—and have always considered literary egregores nearly as accessible as religious egregores. In fact, probably no better time in history has existed to interact with comic egregores than now due to their mainstream presence in film, etc.

I would love to see a series of lengthy discourses on magick with Lord of the Rings, Marvel, Harry Potter, etc.

S. Ben did pretty great with H.P. Lovecraft in my opinion. But a widely untouched area of discovery exists in human literary fiction.

12 Likes