Summoning Marvel or DC characters to do work for you

Hey, eating paleo-style isn’t cheap my friend, don’t judge! :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness, he didn’t get very far, but his intent was totally malevolent, and not in the same way we’re told demons are evil, but they actually are often empowering, so if you do that, go into it with your eyes open and keep a journal logging his influence. Maybe he “learned” from me not to bite the hand that feeds, but if you watched the TV series (which I highly recommend ,it’s amazing) then you’ll see how cleverly he games people…

1 Like

I’ve seen it lol

Gosh I’m tempted… The problem is, I don’t know what he’d be good for lol… Other than some pretty sick amusement.

Do you peak into ‘fictional’ words at all? Fun stuff that. Watching that show I thought, damn there is a lot of twisted serial killers in this world. The FBI is busy.

1 Like

Hahaha so, if we didn’t know who hannibal lecture was, would he have gotten away with more?

I love horror movies, but I haven’t been able to make myself watch them lately, every since I watched the trailer for ‘Beware the Slenderman’

As I was sitting there, a portal opened up and this damn thing starting coming through, icy chill and all. We got rid of it pretty quick, but then it came back… In a girl.

It was so ingrained in her that we missed it for awhile. I saw it, but thought it was cancer and I insisted that the girl get checked. Fucking thing tried to kill me and caused all kinds of damage. Terrible experience.

2 Likes

Comic book characters I think are the latest masks for the currents they are the modern day mythology.

4 Likes

Yeah a few people are saying that.

Modern Gods?

I love this idea—and have always considered literary egregores nearly as accessible as religious egregores. In fact, probably no better time in history has existed to interact with comic egregores than now due to their mainstream presence in film, etc.

I would love to see a series of lengthy discourses on magick with Lord of the Rings, Marvel, Harry Potter, etc.

S. Ben did pretty great with H.P. Lovecraft in my opinion. But a widely untouched area of discovery exists in human literary fiction.

12 Likes

I could see myself doing Lord of the Rings.
Or joker and Harley Quinn!

4 Likes

what i wanna do is summon eldrazi
http://mtg.gamepedia.com/Eldrazi

Also interesting is the possibility of characters from these worlds existing within the infinite number of alternate realities. I have a friend who specializes in traversing (so to speak) these worlds as well as creating spiritual servitors (based on characters from these worlds) I can’t speak for how he works, but the stuff he does is pretty incredible. He talks about discussions with a John Constantine who has visited our world about it’s differences in magick, visiting worlds where everything can see you and tries to kill you, and how fiction isn’t actually fiction.

Grant Morrison, who is one of the most prolific comic book writers of all time talks about using chaos magick and using currents from different dimensions when he writes. I am not sure how adapt he is, but he openly talks about it and how Batman and Superman are actually real people. I’ll have to find that interview though.

Check this one out. It’s worth a look.

Personally I cannot do what my friend does (yet) but I have been able to see the world through my own eyes in an alternate reality where magick is only slightly stronger than it is here. It was an intense experience and made me lose track of our own reality for a good 10 minutes until I snapped out of it. The perspective that I experienced is something that is helping me in my own fiction writing (I’m in the process of working with a major publisher.)

This is something that’s even been considered by many scholars and even scientist. There has been many a thesis written about this. Heres one:

https://www.jstor.org/stable/40208583?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

If your are looking for a current with a similar type of access as the Lovecraft Mythos, look no further than Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. Haven’t done anything with it, it’s my next little project, but apparently it’s one of easier ‘fictional’ worlds to access.

8 Likes

Grant Morrison is pretty damn amazing

3 Likes

Magick could be much stronger in this dimension if…more people believed in it and if the people who believed in it believed they were capable of doing more with magick than they currently are.
Before I discussed the three realities that make up the red, blue, and yellow that is our reality.

1. There is the individual’s reality his her own perception. This is a whole universe in it’s self.

2. There is the agreed upon reality and this is a sort of collective perception of reality, it includes certain limits that are made up of what we have not come up with good enough reasons to accept as real yet. An example would be teleportation, so far it’s fantasy and we don’t have any reasons to believe it actually is possible its only science fiction. Until someone comes along and " Imagines" a really good theory as to why it is a logical and sound possibility that we can all relax and accept as real and factual. When enough people hit critical mass and agrees that it is possible then some guy will build a machine or discover some techniques or something will bring it into existence. To fit our perception because that’s how this shit works.

The third is the universal reality, this is the fact that all is in reality void and the entire reality of the eternoverse is a perception of it’s self. It is reality choosing to both be and not be creating the binary reality. 1s and 0s something and void but the concept of 1 is still just a concept a thought.

6 Likes

Hmm… That’s the thing, I am not sure that in the reality that I went to more people believed it in. The current was only stronger.

2 Likes

Oh I hear ya. I was just saying that in our universe for the current to increase all the above scenarios would need to occur. Im sure there are universes where the current is zero and others where it’s almost flooded. The eternoverse is big.

I evoked Spiderman, he’s a decent chap, a real upright guy.

2 Likes

Yup, further, there are fiction worlds that are as old as ours, and others that are new. It’s pretty crazy how it works.

1 Like

We are almost there in terms of the Internet as a “collective perception of reality”. The trick is to somehow bridge the gap between cyberspace and the astral realm. The thing is magick is real in this dimension. It’s just a manipulated form of spirituality called religion.

L. Ron Hubbard and Gene Roddenberry were close friends. Gene was jealous of L. Ron because he was able to create a religion out of his science fiction (Scientology). He tried to do that with Star Trek. As popular as Star Trek franchise is, it would never become a religion. It has inspired the very technology that we use today, but it is an aspect of popular culture, not a religious creed.

On the other hand, Star Wars has inspired a Sith philosophy and Jediism. The Lord of the Rings has also inspired religion. Hip-Hop has been compared to a religion due to its effect on popular culture.

If enough people “hit critical mass” and put their energy into something then it becomes a religion. Have you ever been to a soccer match? Those fans are crazy!

Same zealous behavior from protesters liberal and conservative. Yes, politics is a form of religion. Here in the US, Ronald Reagan has become a god of the Republican party. For Democrats, it is either FDR or JFK as gods.

Now, Pepe and Kek (who was actually an Egyptian god) are worshiped by fans on the Internet.

5 Likes

You guys calling mythology mask. I don’t think you realize how real these ‘myths’ are.

4 Likes

I’m with “they’re real, alive, and have agendas” - dunno what that leaves here, but I have reason to believe it… :sunglasses:

5 Likes

@CyberLord what if cyberspace is Just a dimension already IN the astral plane? What if its a completely seperate world from the astral. Josef Karika, author of Liber 767 Vel Boengus: Rough Experiments in Chaos magic, talks about the secret world of cell phones… The GSM network and how to summon techno demons based off of the fucking Cell phone Carrier (T-mobile, Boost Mobile, etc. ). But I digress. He mentions how the GSM is a completely seperate universe from our own(Kenneth Grant’s “Universe B”, “Muave Zone”, and so forth). This techno world is complete with its own entities, demons, vampires, angels, and Gods. They have found their way into reality(from cyberspace) by means of phones, computers, Internet, etc.

What Im trying to say is…
We don’t have to find a way to connect two different planes. They are already connected. New beings, Gods, demons etc are already here among us. We are already in cyberspace :smiley:

5 Likes

We’re not saying they are masks.

What?!

We presuppose that these “forces” exist and that their energy supply can be tapped. How we gonna tap it? We use a tool. The tool is the sigil and the name of the Demon… How we gonna tap electricity? We use a tool e.g. we can tie a kite to a key in a massive lightning storm hold the key and feel the surge through our bodies when the lightning strikes.

We’re not saying that the myths are not there. We’re saying that the map isn’t the territory.

7 Likes