Summoning Marvel or DC characters to do work for you

Batman has helped my muscular regeneration, Iron Man for innovations and products, The Joker helped me ground a friend that broke, and Doomsday has helped me make a few people disappear.

6 Likes

Ground a friend that broke?

I donā€™t know the terminology. Forgive my ignorance, what does that mean?

A friend of mine saw something they werenā€™t ready for and was driven hysterically crazy by it, the Joker helped me fix them up and let them integrate the experience.

8 Likes

I dread to ask what and how your friend saw.

1 Like

I guess any fictional character is available. I mean, Squidward and SpongeBob for example, Shaggy from Scooby Do, the Lion of Nania, the Mad Hatter, the wolf in Little Red Riding Hood, Bilbo Baggins, Oliver Twist, Tin Tin

Itā€™s figuring out what they are useful for.

so on.

2 Likes

Tip: avoid Hannibal Lecter ffs! :grin:

Actually, you could probably sic him on someone to try and make them go crazy, but he is one fucking malevolent son of a bitch, and I think the TV version is strongest because a lot of women (and probably men) found the actor really hot, and therefore he got a lot of, probably rather twisted, lust energy:

4 Likes

Dudeā€¦ You so know that Iā€™m going to evoke Hannibal Lecter from the TV series because of your post warning against it right? lol

1 Like

Iā€™m curious to know how close he got you to do anything lol

1 Like

Hey, eating paleo-style isnā€™t cheap my friend, donā€™t judge! :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness, he didnā€™t get very far, but his intent was totally malevolent, and not in the same way weā€™re told demons are evil, but they actually are often empowering, so if you do that, go into it with your eyes open and keep a journal logging his influence. Maybe he ā€œlearnedā€ from me not to bite the hand that feeds, but if you watched the TV series (which I highly recommend ,itā€™s amazing) then youā€™ll see how cleverly he games peopleā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen it lol

Gosh Iā€™m temptedā€¦ The problem is, I donā€™t know what heā€™d be good for lolā€¦ Other than some pretty sick amusement.

Do you peak into ā€˜fictionalā€™ words at all? Fun stuff that. Watching that show I thought, damn there is a lot of twisted serial killers in this world. The FBI is busy.

1 Like

Hahaha so, if we didnā€™t know who hannibal lecture was, would he have gotten away with more?

I love horror movies, but I havenā€™t been able to make myself watch them lately, every since I watched the trailer for ā€˜Beware the Slendermanā€™

As I was sitting there, a portal opened up and this damn thing starting coming through, icy chill and all. We got rid of it pretty quick, but then it came backā€¦ In a girl.

It was so ingrained in her that we missed it for awhile. I saw it, but thought it was cancer and I insisted that the girl get checked. Fucking thing tried to kill me and caused all kinds of damage. Terrible experience.

2 Likes

Comic book characters I think are the latest masks for the currents they are the modern day mythology.

4 Likes

Yeah a few people are saying that.

Modern Gods?

I love this ideaā€”and have always considered literary egregores nearly as accessible as religious egregores. In fact, probably no better time in history has existed to interact with comic egregores than now due to their mainstream presence in film, etc.

I would love to see a series of lengthy discourses on magick with Lord of the Rings, Marvel, Harry Potter, etc.

S. Ben did pretty great with H.P. Lovecraft in my opinion. But a widely untouched area of discovery exists in human literary fiction.

12 Likes

I could see myself doing Lord of the Rings.
Or joker and Harley Quinn!

4 Likes

what i wanna do is summon eldrazi
http://mtg.gamepedia.com/Eldrazi

Also interesting is the possibility of characters from these worlds existing within the infinite number of alternate realities. I have a friend who specializes in traversing (so to speak) these worlds as well as creating spiritual servitors (based on characters from these worlds) I canā€™t speak for how he works, but the stuff he does is pretty incredible. He talks about discussions with a John Constantine who has visited our world about itā€™s differences in magick, visiting worlds where everything can see you and tries to kill you, and how fiction isnā€™t actually fiction.

Grant Morrison, who is one of the most prolific comic book writers of all time talks about using chaos magick and using currents from different dimensions when he writes. I am not sure how adapt he is, but he openly talks about it and how Batman and Superman are actually real people. Iā€™ll have to find that interview though.

Check this one out. Itā€™s worth a look.

Personally I cannot do what my friend does (yet) but I have been able to see the world through my own eyes in an alternate reality where magick is only slightly stronger than it is here. It was an intense experience and made me lose track of our own reality for a good 10 minutes until I snapped out of it. The perspective that I experienced is something that is helping me in my own fiction writing (Iā€™m in the process of working with a major publisher.)

This is something thatā€™s even been considered by many scholars and even scientist. There has been many a thesis written about this. Heres one:

https://www.jstor.org/stable/40208583?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

If your are looking for a current with a similar type of access as the Lovecraft Mythos, look no further than Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. Havenā€™t done anything with it, itā€™s my next little project, but apparently itā€™s one of easier ā€˜fictionalā€™ worlds to access.

8 Likes

Grant Morrison is pretty damn amazing

3 Likes

Magick could be much stronger in this dimension ifā€¦more people believed in it and if the people who believed in it believed they were capable of doing more with magick than they currently are.
Before I discussed the three realities that make up the red, blue, and yellow that is our reality.

1. There is the individualā€™s reality his her own perception. This is a whole universe in itā€™s self.

2. There is the agreed upon reality and this is a sort of collective perception of reality, it includes certain limits that are made up of what we have not come up with good enough reasons to accept as real yet. An example would be teleportation, so far itā€™s fantasy and we donā€™t have any reasons to believe it actually is possible its only science fiction. Until someone comes along and " Imagines" a really good theory as to why it is a logical and sound possibility that we can all relax and accept as real and factual. When enough people hit critical mass and agrees that it is possible then some guy will build a machine or discover some techniques or something will bring it into existence. To fit our perception because thatā€™s how this shit works.

The third is the universal reality, this is the fact that all is in reality void and the entire reality of the eternoverse is a perception of itā€™s self. It is reality choosing to both be and not be creating the binary reality. 1s and 0s something and void but the concept of 1 is still just a concept a thought.

6 Likes

Hmmā€¦ Thatā€™s the thing, I am not sure that in the reality that I went to more people believed it in. The current was only stronger.

2 Likes