Stop treating this forum like Wattpad šŸ™„

Call me naive but I never understood why threatening anyone on a magic forum with a quite extensive category called ā€œBaneful magicā€ would be a wise idea. I doubt anyone dumb enough to threaten someone else in general is smart enough to take the time to look at their target individualā€™s post history. It is like throwing rocks at someone with a mini gun

8 Likes

Meh, this kind of topic comes up at least once every other month. The fake stories are kinda annoying but relatively easy to avoid once you discover the mute and ignore options. Its always kind of ā€œhe said she saidā€ situation as its pretty damn hard to objectively proof this stuff on a physical level so I imagine it would be equally hard to moderate.
Threats against fellow members(or anyone really) however are absolutely ridiculous edgelord bullshit (Though I donā€™t remember getting one :thinking: ) usually made by people least capable of actually doing something. Should be insta-banned once discovered in my opinion.

4 Likes

I did not know threats were against forum rules, next time youā€™ll say trolling and cursing is against forum rules as well! :sunglasses:

There have been plenty of times Iā€™ve been wanting to do a verbal bombing run to set people straight here.
I know, there are likely a couple people here who thinks I am fake and talk shit, despite my minimalist approach at a presence, so I might look as a hypocrite.

But I really work hard not to be a hypocrite with my moral values and whatnot, I am as honest as I can be, and I just wish others could do the same.

Likely, a lot of people want to be part of the cool club and speak with entities, so they fill in the gaps to appear more legitimate, but pointing fingers will lead to a really shitty place.

I was once on a forum, one of my earliest Internet ventures, with constant witch-hunts as to ā€œwho were real and who were fakeā€.

I donā€™t believe BALG could turn into that anytime soon, but I think that the best we could do is just ensure rules are being followed, people know their shit so they can defend themselves, ensure that wrong-doers are sacrificed to the gods and demons, and endure as a good community.

6 Likes

I personally have not been threatened as of yet but I am sure the day will come eventually lol

1 Like

I donā€™t think so. You made the thread and you are ok with it. Should be fine.

1 Like

I try an encourage their shitty practices with just enough chaos to make something happen. I dont even care what, just get in their and twist my fingers around. I figure if youre talking shit I can teach you 2 lessons at once. Not that necessarily im trying to teach something but ya know you can learn something from everything.

Also please dont threaten me in fragile and weak :sob:

4 Likes

Wait, whoā€™s Edward?

2 Likes

An evil sparkly hipster troll pretending to be vampireā€¦or possibly (though unlikely in this context) a very short alchemist.:thinking:

5 Likes

One of the reasons why I dont post as much on BALG.
Never had been threated but I had people pick on me saying I am delusional and other rude stuff.

I just ignore them :man_shrugging: they seek attention I give them none.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been threatened many times, and had curses tossed at me by some people here at least half a dozen times, probably more. I know other members have been attacked as well . Itā€™s kind of par for the course in the wilds of the occult interwebs. Newbies trying for a seat at the big kids table. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

There is. And it pleases me to no end that people are waking up to it.

8 Likes

If you donā€™t like certain peopleā€™s threads they create then donā€™t read them. Pretty easy. And/or simply mute that member.

How many different ways can you write up the same spell?

Art and magic sometimes is a thin, to no line.

What is the difference from a stanza to an incantation?

4 Likes

Noted.

A fictional vampire character.

Oh? Allright then. :slightly_smiling_face:

Threatening someone is against the rules and trolling is also, but not the kind of trolling you mean I guess. But there have been people starting random comment sprees where they troll and are being rude to other peopleā€™s beliefs and topics. So, that part of trolling is against the rules.
Cursing is not though, obviously, we are a magick forum anyway so it would be weird.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Well, we arenā€™t trying to turn BALG into a ā€œpunish those at faultā€ website, obviously. My post had nothing to do with punishment, I never said I demanded his punishment. Even when I sent the email to Lady Eva ,I specifically said that the punishment wasnā€™t my main purpose.
I just wanted to raise awareness ,mostly for the new members that might get shocked if someone claims to throw them into a battlefield with a powerful entity.

4 Likes

Really? I literally have seen only one that could fit in this type of category, and it was about whether ā€œQ&A s with entitiesā€ posts by members are legit.

Of course, we canā€™t do many things about those kind of stories , but when someone says controversial things in their story, itā€™s usually a dead giveaway.
Although, I do agree. Muting would be a good solution.

6 Likes

Ok so most of you all know me lol hi I actually agree to this take it to Wattpad I have one Iā€™m a writer/author my thing is I have put up a chapter of my story which is almost done half a year later about lord dantalion on here it was to ask for advice and gain confidence to finish writing it

I love reading everyoneā€™s stories of how their rites go or life in general but I do not condone threats to each other

The whole thing about this forum was for us all to come together in magic n share our experience and have some one to talk to help or ask for help like a family well thatā€™s what I believe anyway

Iā€™m so sorry this jack ass did that to you itā€™s pathetic n dumb and I really hope that stops here

8 Likes

Pretty much what I was thinking. Couldnā€™t have said it any betteršŸ˜

5 Likes

Yeah, and when you call it out they try to curse you in some funny language via PM :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Threats about magical attacks arenā€™t against the rules though as far as I understand, since Iā€™ve had run ins with this. But from my experience thereā€™s usually nothing to worry about from these ā€œpeopleā€. So just laugh and try not to think about it. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes