Stop treating this forum like Wattpad šŸ™„

I mean, ignoring/muting is a pretty good solution because itā€™s impossible to police a forum based on general differences. I personally donā€™t mind muting/ignoring, but I admit there are cases where I wonā€™t and thatā€™s usually when someone is acting too big for their britches and acting as if everyone is beneath them. Itā€™s a thing I canā€™t overlook when someone who feels like their energy is all talk and no weight behind it. I donā€™t really care if someone threatens me but, when someone is like "youre all weak in comparison to [insert individual] I have to voice my opinion on the sheer steep bullshit.

Otherwise Iā€™d go with muting/ignoring.

5 Likes

Well ya, that WOULD work :joy::joy:

Well, some still arenā€™t that good with their intuition right?

2 Likes

This is called projection, when you project your circumstance and reality on others, it often comes off as extremely ignorant. Just because you choose to live this way, or are forced to, doesnā€™t mean others did.

What do you mean by ā€œoldā€ exactly? Pre-Christian? Plato was an occultist, so was Pythagoras, I guess they liked to live in their urine and excrement too? :thinking: Or are you talking about Medieval alchemists like Agrippa, Newton, Flamel, Paracelsus, and company? I guess they liked smelled like urine too huh? :thinking:

I try to stay out of confrontations, but Lao Tzu has some good advice for you: ā€œThe wise man is one who, knows, what he does not know.ā€

I hope you stop smelling like pee someday :hibiscus:

8 Likes

Teaching someone to use their intuition and discern their gut feeling from being overly open-minded (nothing wrong with being open-minded but too much of an open mind can be just as stagnant as a closed mind.) Itā€™s similar to how one person posted a how to scan thread to teach people to discern fakes from real entities and so forth.

It helps if youre going the everyone teach everyone approach.

1 Like

Honestly, Iā€™m not sure there is a good solution. While I personally actually hate the bullshit I see, the experiences we have as magicians often are very subjective in nature and thereā€™s an unfortunate habit some of us have to use metaphors to express those experiences. This makes weeding out the bullshit a good IDEA in principle that would be a nightmare to actually do without someone (Most likely Eva) getting to decide what is and isnā€™t true among a myriad of paths that none of us know in their entirety. And I think if someone got the the right to decide what is and isnā€™t legit, and based on that censor what can be said, I would personally have to leave the forum.
Mute/ignore is a live saver.

5 Likes

@anon48079295 @Mystic-Void

Tutorial: Developing Astral Senses via The Meditation Fruit!

I do have a small start at teaching i would encourage all others to help as well.

That is what i think we should be doing here

2 Likes

Thatā€™s actually too true ā€¦ :thinking:

5 Likes

That is great :slightly_smiling_face: thanks for sharing.

Oh no! You guys woke Lady_EvašŸ§ (yes I have been lurking; watching the convo) As Bee Arthur said, ā€œDonā€™t judge me!ā€

3 Likes

Omg I just saw her replying and I was likeā€¦
YUP : time for the big guns BOI

taking cover!

2 Likes

She has become so powerful that she can sense her name even without the @
:thinking:

6 Likes

Haha actually Darkest Knight mentioned her earlier :joy::joy::joy: But what you said is true

2 Likes

Yes, please report any threatening PMs, itā€™s a core part of the member-moderation process that stops us needing a heavy-handed surveillance culture on here.

PMs are not visible to mods and if someoneā€™s sending one member abusive or threatening PMs, you can bet theyā€™re doing it to others, some of whom may find it harder to handle for some reason, so please do your part as a steward of this community and flag the PM, there is zero tolerance for threats (obviously physical, but also, any implication that unwanted magickal consequences will follow for you as well).

And Iā€™m not fucking scared of anyone, nor do I kiss anyoneā€™s ass, so if anyone tries to imply otherwise, theyā€™re just bullshitting you. Threats on here are like a magick ticket to a ban, itā€™s that simple. :+1:

If someone is just bugging you for info or free spellwork, politely tell them you donā€™t wish to continue the PM, people in desperate need sometimes come across as selfish but we all look like weā€™re sitting enjoying a banquet of various powers, and if that person feels theyā€™re legitimately starving, turning them away politely should save everyone a lot of upset. Most of us here have probably been desperate in some way and been equally self-centred at that time, itā€™s natural.

If they persist, flag the PM and Iā€™ll try to sort it out fairly so everyponeā€™s as happy as possible. :+1:

22 Likes

Thanks Lady Eva :slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face:

3 Likes

100% accurate depiction of Lady Eva. XD

11 Likes

@Lady_Eva. you are my hero

9 Likes

Once again, use flags, pleaseā€¦ they may do that to someone who has just suffered some (completely unrelated) misfortune and that innocent person could spiral to a very dark place thinking the two are linked.

Threats have never been tolerated on here, not even back in the more wild-west days of 2014 before there was any real ruleset or moderation, Timothy came on himself and immediately banned a member who was threatening others. No wiggle room.

This is the issue, and itā€™s more or less impossible to draw the line - mute what you get annoyed by folks, flag anything that causes concern, use the Something Else flag and message me to take a look.

Usually a friendly chat sorts out most problems, but you need to be willing to let me know, because if I see a topic that looks a bit larpy or weird, Iā€™m not going to just draw on my own opinions, I need to know if itā€™s bothering others, and then I will explain any action taken (or not taken) so at least you know ehere you stand with regards to forum rules.

There will always be things on here you as a member disagree with or think are fantastic, but thatā€™s just the nature of any magick forum, so a bit of leeway is expected, and is granted to you in return, to post without fear of being mocked because your own work or experiences donā€™t fit someone elseā€™s narrow-minded concept.

^ Excellent approach imo. :+1:

For any beginner reading this and wondering how to recognise a larp, read this to begin with:

Same here. :+1:

Just going back to:

Threats are against the rules, trolling is, cursingā€¦ eh, I donā€™t think anyone can moderate what magick people do provided they are discreet, however if someone tells another member they will curse that person (or their loved ones etc) or implies any magick will be done against them, thatā€™s just a threat, it gets the usual solution: :hiking_boot: up the backside. :man_shrugging:

Full ruleset specific to this forum (not just the boilerplate stuff in the T&Cā€™s that comes with the forum software):

7 Likes

Lol this was pretty good

1 Like

Now itā€™s my turn to smell of wee! (pmsl!) :rofl:

2 Likes

agreed. Also worth noting that such fantasies drive away newcomers or gives them the wrong idea about what to expect from magick. I remembered reading all those stories where people acted as if they were some sort of ā€œchosen oneā€ and wondered if i was doing something wrong.

3 Likes