So it's been a while - RHP is suicidal

@Ghocifer Remember, most actual LHP grimoires are modern. Almost all traditional grimoires are RHP as Jesus. That’s why no one follows them literally. If you want an LHP grimoire you have to look towards newer texts (unless this is some Balinese grimoire of Black Magick we are talking about).

1 Like
2 Likes

Is the devil’s Qur’an the same as Qu’ret Al-Yezid?

@Ghocifer Not at all. It’s meant to be the words of Shaitan.

1 Like

I’m yet to lay a hand on Shams Al Ma’aref. The book of books when it comes to Arabic magick… I have a friend who is going to Lebanon this weekend and I asked him to check if he can find me a copy… fingers crossed!!

what about Buddhism? Most certainly RHP and most certainly advocates taking responsibility for one’s own salvation?

1 Like

Okay. How many LHP grimoires are there that weren’t from the near East region like Israel, Egypt, Saudi, Iran, Iraq. Turkey, etc?
How many grimoires from the orient, Greenland, Americas at the same time of all gods in known grimoires?

@Fuego1 I mean it depends how you define “LHP grimoire”. Almost every single LHP grimoire that doesn’t involve calling on God was printed in either the USA or the UK.

1 Like

I think @AdamThoth may be busy, but from my POV which i think he may share to some extent, the very concept one needs salvation is the core of the victimhood.

I know it affected me quite badly through the general osmosis of Buddhist/eastern thoughts in contemporary England, regarding karma, and the nature of suffering, etc:

6 Likes

I just thought about you the other day and realized I had not seen you

A few years after I left Christianity I was still attempting to heal from the abuse (and it took me many more years after that).

But while I was working things out in my mind a similar thought as the OP came to me.

Why should I hate my instincts?
Why should I hate anything I am naturally inclined to do?
I was a good person therefore my instincts must be good.
Are animals evil?
My conclusions were that Christianity was a religion of self hatred as a form of oppression.
I turned the opposite way - if I desire it, it is good.

I even later applied that to my diet and have been eating intuitively for 6 years. After one moves through the candy and ice cream phase one will not desire to ingest toxins.

I think the real lesson is not to fight yourself.

And that RHP’s are fucking psychopaths.

7 Likes

You missed the point.
Issue: Some LHPers detest “JCI”, and RHP.
Point: Some LHP and RHP folks still use Babylonian, Hebrew, and Greek grimoires.

1 Like

But isn’t the LHP concept of ascent (or as some Left Hand Path groups call it; “apotheosis”) a form of soeteriological (soteriology is the study of “salvation”) thinking? Especially when one considers that one of the forms of Christian salvation is Theosis; i.e becoming divine (which is conceptually identical to the pagan “apotheosis”)? Thus if the concept of salvation implies victimhood (which I don’t think it does; rather the felt need for salvation implies a recognition of one’s own need to trancend one’s present circumstances; one’s need to evolve) then isn’t that implicit victimhood also present within one of the core tennents of the LHP?

1 Like

No, because it doesn’t imply there is or must be something wrong with the individual, or the world, to the extent that it must be escaped or surpassed… ascent is a choice, but this is why I’m opposed to any doctrine that says non-magicians are sheep, dross, fodder to be vamped or enslaved etc., because they’re just people with different priorities.

3 Likes

But if you want to ascend / evolve; doesn’t that imply a lack in your current existential position? Why do you want to evolve? Why do you want to ascend? Why do you want to “become a living god” if you did not feel that your current human experience was in some way insufficient or not the complete actualization of the potential for your existence? And isn’t the lack based upon an encounter / a realization / an understanding of your own mortaility? It strikes me that the hard wired need for ascent / self transcendence / evolution (and indeed it’s practical expressions of science, technology, medicine, art religion and philosophy) is a deep seated and ancient reaction to the conscious awarness that we will die.

2 Likes

The general quest for more life experiences, more power, more satisfaction from life, versus the belief life is something to be shunned as a temptation or trap, or source of pain.

No-one stays completely still in life, what matters is why you’re taking action, and that will usually depend on beliefs about yourself, reality, and your place in it.

5 Likes

What I’m trying to get at is that the primitive drive for transcendence as a reaction to an awareness of mortality is responsible for civilization (with it’s art, science, technology, laws and culture) and also the different ideas of spiritual transcendence (including RHP soteriologies and LHP ideas of ascent). This being the case, perhaps a deeper question than “Which avenue to transcendence is true and correct?” (the answer to which ofcourse will vary according to cultural, historical and personal contexts) to “How do I most constructively engage with mortality (both personally and collectively)?” and "How do I cover up or hide from mortality (whether it be through being lost in everyday concerns, the pursuit of more life, more health or through being caught up in religious or pseudo religious ideas of ““afterlife”?”

It is after all, only when we can authentically face our own death that we can fully experience our life as our own…without the need for “transcendence”.

2 Likes

I agree to some extent, but death is a transition, not an absolute, and preventing people from realising this, shutting down mediumship and persecuting people with psychic abilites has been the stock-in-trade of the Abrahamic religions since their foundation.

One of my major objections to that group of beliefs is they sever people from meaningful communication with their own ancestors and leave them in fear of some unknowable judgement after death.

3 Likes

Buddhism, I don’t really see as a Left or right hand path so much as a collection of principles for dealing with life’s issues.

7 Likes

Hi David :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t even call them rhp, they’re just deluded and they’re not even practicing practical spirituality and generally have no or little experience with God, or even angels or even Yeshua Christ in a conscious way.

You could consider the RHP officially more like mastering the tree of life for instance, something which christians or even muslims in mainstream don’t even really know what that is all about nor the relation of Yeshua Christ with the tree of life, exemplifying the human potential universally…; even for that they’re just deluded…; just to name one of the many things-
plus the bible has been corrupted by constantinople at the council of nicea (true story-found it on youtube) and by so many other people…another example: the gospel of mary magdalene, where Y.C. speaks of the equality of women and men…totally gone…; I actually met Yeshua Christ spiritually, and what he had to tell and show me showed me that mainstream christians really are all on a deluded path that leads to death and not taking responsibility for their ascension, and as creators create their own problems by blaming the devil instead of themselves for their own thoughts and so on, which generates mental schism and constant paranoia in them of random evil being potentially anywhere at anytime…; which is b.s. because we create 100 percent of the content of our experience of reality ourselves through both polarities…;

3 Likes