Sleeping With Sigils

I was told to do this and was wondering what exactly is supposed to happen by doing this?

2 Likes

The deamon is to enter your dream state

6 Likes

What would be the use for that?
What other ways this method could be used?

1 Like

An alternative to evocation rituals, they may appear to you and talk or suggest things with a specific dream depending.

8 Likes

Okay what if your also playing subliminals during your sleep as well? Would it interfere with it?

1 Like

There was a study done that proved the sleeping body can not receive data from audio, it may even wire your mind to ignore certain things.

Like if you tried to learn a language and played It while you slept, you are more likely to ignore the language when awake and not retain it.

2 Likes

Except that other research has shown the exact opposite. Conflicting results across multiple studies means the scientific community is divided on the question. Try it and if it does something for you, keep it, otherwise, try something else. “Suck it and see”.

Be very careful treating “studies” as if that word also meant “truth” - it doesn’t.
All it means is someone tried it once and published what happened when they did - read the actual study conditions, results, and snafus - and check the funding - and then form your own educated opinion.
So this:

There was a study done that proved the sleeping body can not receive data from audio

only means that the one group doing that study the way they designed it were not successful. (Who are they and why would you trust them anyway?) That’s all you can say about it: Doesn’t mean that much for anyone else - read the study before you start accepting it like dogma.

No that’s fine. I wouldn’t use multiple subliminals maybe, in case it dilutes the effect, but that’s me.
But having the sigil won’t do much unless you clearly set your intention before going to sleep by asking the Daemon to come to you in dreams, and also asking yourself to remember your dreams.
Check out Robert Moss and others’ books on dream work for more techniques, or maybe search here.

5 Likes

the title of this thread reminded me of @Goku 's interpretation of pansexuality.

4 Likes

Point of clarification:

Are we talking sigils or Seals?

Al.

3 Likes

I’m with @Uncle-Al Sigils and seals are very different . A demons seal are you speaking of?

3 Likes

Just gonna add to what was already said, how many of us have had our morning alarm tones incorporate into our dreams instead of waking us up? I have. Generally my dream will form around the audio, i.e. being in some secure facility and an alarm goes off, or being in a town and the town siren goes off, followed by a tsunami or something.

5 Likes

just say my experience

when I first tried sigil magic
I put the Dantalion sigil pictorial paper I made under my pillow, hoping to communicate through dreams but nothing happened.
May be because I am still a beginner in this kind of thing ,
I believe it should be helpful, because in the Asian culture there are some magic items that are placed on the bed to help certain things

@Uncle-Al
what the difference between sigil or seal ? can you en-light me :slight_smile:

thanks before

1 Like

What’s the difference?

1 Like

I come from a classical, hermetic background; therefore forgive me.

A Seal is the signature of an entity. An entity’s Seal can be used to call that entity.

A sigil is pictographic Magick which stimulates the subconscious by bypassing conscious recognition.

That said, there are other, probably better definitions.

Al.

4 Likes

At last! Someone who agrees with me! Thank you.
Praise Satan!

Al.

2 Likes

Thanks for this

I’ve placed a Sigil of a trusted Entity in my pillow several times before.

In all honesty: I do not recommend anyone sleep with an open portal to the spirit realm under their head.

But if you do, as I did, the communication might not be as outright as you hope. Planting seeds in your mind Might be how they go about it, so don’t be disappointed if you wake up and don’t remember talking with the Demon.

Also, sleeping with the Sigil isn’t necessary to get messages from entities at night in my personal experience they often do it of their own accord if a relationship is already established.

1 Like

That’s very interesting and has a lot of cognitive implications. Do you have a citation for that study?

1 Like

Sorry I most access this site on my mobile and I don’t usually have citations :joy: you’ll have to Google it

I made a necklace of my demon’s sigil.I sleep with it everynight.

3 Likes