Simple English Demonic Evocation Guide

Do I have to enter tgs for this whole thing @Lady_Eva

It’s best to use the method given for now, of imagining the spirit’s form, and watching for any changes, you may get a less intense experience BUT you will begin to enter the correct state over time.

I never learned TGS, because I started a long time ago, and this method is a very condensed explanation of how I learned evocation of spirits as a child.

10 Likes

Personally I’m starting to visualize Belial (in order to, maybe, proceed with the other 8 Gatekeepers) in front of me, but for now outside of evocation
 At the moment I’m strengthening the contact with him by repeating name, enn etc., the whole “thing” indeed feels right :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is a golden egg

5 Likes

@Lady_Eva great post quite helpful and with lots of adaptability. However the part that intruiged me most, was the reference to the banishing / cleansing, and how it was done, I’m very used to using tools for cleansing (shaman’s stick, herbs, oils,) and preventative measures (charms, spells, salts etc) but I presume since you are visualising the ball of light you’d be using your energy for that. Which makes me wonder will this be effective for everyone, particularly for those that don’t have much experience in energy manipulation, or much control over their own energy fields? I’m also curious about what (if any) effect would a person’s own energy have on this? Is it more powerful for white witches? Is it less powerful if your energy is exceedingly negative? All in all wonderful post, and I’d really appreciate any answers to my curiosity TY!

3 Likes

The “banishing” in this is within

1. say “I thank you, (spirit’s name), now depart in peace” 3 times"

2. clap your hands once, and bow your head

3. when you look back up, visualise the spirit’s shape turning away and walking away, or going through a door to leave you

4. clap your hands again and visualise all the energy clearing and the room becoming lighter

It draws more upon the far older shamanistic concept of the universe as teeming with spirits, some benevolent, some malevolent, but most just pursuing their own agendas and willing, on occasion, to work with people on matters of shared interest.

I use this model because I have consistantly found it to be accurate, and effective. :slight_smile:

Banishing, as in, casting out a being through use of purifying herbs, names of power, even prayer, is not a necessary default action during each and every evocation.

That it has become so comes from the dangerously warped tradition on which all things except the minor tribal deity of a small group of middle eastern people is considered to be evil, and only their deity (which does itself concede that other gods exist and have power) is treated as though it were somehow the real, ultimate, final, being, also filled with love and benevolence for all other people in the world (a concept disproven by numerous genocidal and racially-supremacist verses in the original texts, including Numbers 22 – 24).

I would therefore no more banish an entity by these extreme measures, than I would disinfect everything in the house after inviting in some new person, a meter reader or neighbour, whom I have never met before. Only if their boots were exceptionally dirty (a metaphor for a feeling of very heavy or dark energy left by the spirit) would I clean up to the amount necessary.

The “dirty boots” in this case could stem from different dimensional energies, which are not in themselves of a moral nature per se, or more likely, the centuries of accretion of misguided hate, dread, and the repeated calling of these beings to fulfil only malevolent and guilt-inducing desires.

Because of that, the ball of white light is intended more as a way to lift the energy and remove any residual effects the magician observes, rather than to cast out an unwilling spirit which is trying to wreck the life of the magician.

This weird concept of spirits (many of whom, like Buné, are actually ancient deities) as being auotmatically evil, is, in itself, a source of problems, both for man and spirit, in the same way that if someone treats you with contempt and suspicion, and constantly accuses you, namecalls you, etc., they will not see the better side of your personality.

Given the power of belief and the practical metaphysics of that, in creating the framework which the spirit uses as their interface to this reality, this deep-seated belief spirits are all dirty and must be thoroughly expunged is even more likely to lead to negative experiences, than omitting it completely and simply requesting that they depart in peace, and visualising them leaving.

A spirit called under this model of evocation is entering, right from the start, on a very different basis to one summoned using grimoire trad. methods.

There are too many variables to nail down, but I did state that people can combine this method with any book they’re working with that gives specific rules, and also, any methods they have previously used.

So, if someone comes from a white-light background and feels the energy is still heavy and dark, they can use their previous skills to lift that, or if they are a very “negative” person they may choose to use anger to boost a feeling of command, and dispel any unwanted energy that way. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

I quite appreciate this, thank you and It has been a process of unlearning much of what I was “taught” first coming into all of this. I’m definitely slowly but surely learning that all things have a place. And as I continue to explore many kinds of magik, the understanding that what is generally considered to be evil and what’s good is quite a biased way of thinking and seems to vary person to person.

This is actually news to me. I was taught to always cleanse my tools and my area, after any encounter with any spirit. But the more I recall about that conversation with my teacher, I believe he was actually referencing that for his healing tools and the area he performed the healings in. And as a kid I misconstrued the meaning there. XD so yeah thank you!

3 Likes

It is taught quite a lot in white-light healing paradigms, but the same people who teach this often also teach that “We are all spiritual beings having a physical experience”! :laughing:

That makes sense: as a parallel, rats are not evil as such, but if you had a load of feral rats in one location, there is a risk of disease, the same is true of some kinds of energy, and entities, that is their natural effect and ambience, so cleansing makes sense when removing things that have made someone ill.

8 Likes

You can do this without opening your third eye, chakras, etc??

Yes, do not worry about that.

Psychic vision and power is like building muscles: you can build muscles first, then start to lift weights (do evocation), or, you can start to lift weights, and by doing this, build the same muscles.

If you find thrid eye and chakras exercises that you like and can do, then do them, but practice of magick, alone, will make you stronger.

30 Likes

Phew

2 Likes

@Nyxifer lol #metoo

1 Like

I heard some spirits don’t like being dismissed in a way that sounds as if they’re being commanded to leave. For example, “That is all, thank you, you now may leave.” What might be a good substitute for dismissing someone that doesn’t sound demanding? Like, “I ask that you leave”?

2 Likes

why specifically the right/left hand?
what if im left hand dominant, should i reverse the hand positions?

1 Like

Yes, most people are right handed and find that the simplest way to work, and I was trying to not add too many “if/but” aspects.

2 Likes

oh, ok. i didnt realize it was interchangeable i thought it was for some mystical reason like your chakra flows from left to right so you use your right hand to “release energy” or something, i dont know
 lol

1 Like

So can we evoke angel with this method?

Yes, just change the form you visualise from demonic to angelic, use whatever archetypal image you have for an angel instead of a demonic form. :+1:

6 Likes

Ok thanks, but is it must to have candle and if yes what candle we use?

Not necessary if you CANNOT get a candle, but if you can, use balck (best, usually), red (2nd best) or whoite (3rd best).

White tealights are okay.

But if you need to do this and cannot get or use a candle, do it without. The spirit will still see and hear you. It may be good to use a corner for the evocation, if you cannot use any cnadle or tealights.

Flame is a gateway, but not the only one.

8 Likes