“Share A Quote” Thread

I do know that for the sympathy of one living being, I would make peace with all. I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.

— Mary Shelley

2 Likes

The more you know yourself, the more clarity there is. Self-knowledge has no end - you don’t come to an achievement, you don’t come to a conclusion. It is an endless river.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

3 Likes

Must I wear that?

— Mata Hari

1 Like

“We all look for meaning behind the tragedies that befall us. And sometimes, the meaning is there. But sometime, Master Bruce, terrible things just happen. No sinister plots. No secret societies. They just happen.”

• Alfred
3 Likes

“A night, a street, a lamp, a drugstore
A meaningless and dismal light
A quarter century outpours —
It’s all the same. No chance to flight.

You’d die and rise anew, begotten.
All would repeat as ever might:
The street, the icy rippled water,
The store, the lamp, the lonely night”.

Alexander Blok

2 Likes

“May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won’t.” -Geogre S. Patton

“Cowards die many times in life, the valiant never taste death but once.” -Julius Casear

“Unless you do the work, the world will never see your vision.” -Jocko Willink

“You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain.” -Miyamoto Musashi

“If you are going to try, go all the way.” -Charles Bukoswski

3 Likes

Leaver dea as slaef.

— Grutte Pier

“Part of that Power, not understood,
Which always wills the Bad, and always works the Good”

“Faust” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

1 Like

2 Likes

“My life is very monotonous,” the fox said. "I hunt chickens; men hunt me. All the chickens are just alike, and all the men are just alike. And, in consequence, I am a little bored. But if you tame me, it will be as if the sun came to shine on my life. I shall know the sound of a step that will be different from all the others. Other steps send me hurrying back underneath the ground. Yours will call me, like music, out of my burrow. And then look: you see the grain-fields down yonder? I do not eat bread. Wheat is of no use to me. The wheat fields have nothing to say to me. And that is sad. But you have hair that is the color of gold. Think how wonderful that will be when you have tamed me! The grain, which is also golden, will bring me back the thought of you. And I shall love to listen to the wind in the wheat.

― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

1 Like

“manuscripts don’t burn"

“The Master and Margarita” Mikhail Bulgakov

1 Like

Those who look outwards are made of copper, He who sees inward is made of gold.

What Your Seeking === Is Seeking You !!!

2 Likes

" “Is that vodka ?" Margarita asked weakly. The cat jumped up in his seat with indignation. “I beg pardon, my queen,” he rasped, “Would I ever allow myself to offer vodka to a lady? This is pure alcohol !”” Master And Margarita

2 Likes

Drew Carey “if my dick wasn’t broke I’d break it”

“those who speak slowly sound wise”

¨You don´t ask the gender of a dog - it is always naked¨

• A saying from African -

The man who is only wise and only holy interests me about as much as the skeleton of a rare saurian, which would not move me to tears. The insane contradiction, on the other hand, between existence beyond Maya in the cosmic Self, and that amiable human weakness which fruitfully sinks many roots into the black earth, repeating for all eternity the weaving and rending of the veil as the ageless melody of India—this contradiction fascinates me; for how else can one perceive the light without the shadow, hear the silence without the noise, attain wisdom without foolishness?

― Carl Jung

1 Like

I believe death is only a door. One closes, and another opens. If I were to imagine heaven, I would imagine a door opening. And he would be waiting for me there.

David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas

3 Likes

“Destiny is romance, fate is decision” — Nightsister (me)

What are you willing to lose and can you accept it? — unkown spirit

This was said to me when I asked what I should do regarding a difficult decision. I use this phrase to guide others now.

1 Like