“Share A Quote” Thread

I sleep the sleep of the hermit. I found a safe place up above the world where no one could really hear my song or read my lips. I roam in my thoughts. I visit the fire, but I stay away if there’s people;I only ever mingle to be a stranger among them. I’ve seen what they’ve done to the city.
But it’s me, guarding their flame now. As I sleep the sleep of the hermit, as I eat the bread of the vile. Up above thе world, for no one to know.
To remain completе, the man must at all times, at all costs, keep some part of himself beyond. Beyond this life, beyond the laughter and the tears.
Outside, as the complete outsider.

Rome, “Desinvolture”

3 Likes

Compassion hurts. When you feel connected to everything, you also feel responsible for everything. And you cannot turn away. Your destiny is bound with the destinies of others. You must either learn to carry the Universe or be crushed by it. You must grow strong enough to love the world, yet empty enough to sit down at the same table with its worst horrors.

― Andrew Boyd

6 Likes

“Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains.”

“I prefer liberty with danger than peace with slavery.”

Jean-Jacques Rousseau

2 Likes

“When I look back on my past and think how much time I wasted on nothing, how much time has been lost in futilities, errors, laziness, incapacity to live; how little I appreciated it, how many times I sinned against my heart and soul-then my heart bleeds. Life is a gift, life is happiness, every minute can be an eternity of happiness”

Fyodor Dostoevsky

3 Likes

One must imagine Sisyphus happy; the struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man’s heart.
– Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus

“Problem-solving is hunting; it is savage pleasure and we are born to it.”
– Thomas Harris, The Silence of the Lambs

2 Likes

Self discipline is the highest Form of love.

1 Like

" If you wish to persuade me, you must think my
thoughts, feel my feelings, and speak my words."

Marcus Tullius Cicero

3 Likes

“A party without a cake is just a meeting.”

• Julia Child
2 Likes

Love it, my favorite author my favorite book.

“Well, you’ll have some of that,… in your bigger jobs…”

“If you wish for peace, prepare for war.” -Roman Proverb

4 Likes

a man asked Ben Franklin how he felt about wasting so much time inventing the light bulb. He answered that he didn’t waste anytime. Each time he did it the wrong way was one step closer to doing it the right way.

Wow! You’re as ugly as your sister

trespassers will be shot. survivors will be shot again

my dog can get to the fence in 2.5 seconds. How about you?

Son. When they was passin out the brains, you was hidin behind the door.

If I had a nickel for every time you said … I’d be rich.

sometimes the wolves in the forest are less dangerous than the wolves in the city

Are you tryin to tell me yo’ sh’t don’t stink?

And i don’t understand what you mean

ugly as your sister - is a movieline. There are also people that are crude enough to say that the first time they meet someone. and a few with a weird sense of humor.

wolves in the city - people can be more dangerous than wolves

sh’t don’t stink - When someone you know complains too much you gotta remind them that you can complain about them too. :thinking: people been sayin that around Los Angeles for at least the last 20 years. I have no idea who made it up

1 Like

“I want that star, I want it now! I want it all and I don’t care how…” -Metallica

3 Likes

I want to taste and glory in each day, and never be afraid to experience pain; and never shut myself up in a numb core of nonfeeling, or stop questioning and criticizing life and take the easy way out. To learn and think: to think and live; to live and learn: this always, with new insight, new understanding, and new love.

― Sylvia Plath

1 Like

A man can’t ride your back if it isn’t bent. - Martin Luther King Jr.

If graffiti changed anything, it would be illegal. - Banksy

The most powerful curses I’ve ever witnessed were cast in the name of Jesus Christ. - Jason Miller, The Black School of St. Cyprian

Neurotics build castles in the sky. Psychotics live in them. My mother cleans them. - Rita Rudner

You never love your children more than when they’re unconscious, but still breathing. Michael McIntyre

3 Likes

Even so long as the earth still nurtured the Golden Race, she had her dwelling on earth. But with the Silver Race only a little and no longer with utter readiness did she mingle, for that she yearned for the ways of the men of old. Yet in that Silver Age was she still upon the earth; but from the echoing hills at eventide she came along, nor spake to any man in gentle words. But when she had filled the great heights with gathering crowds, then would she with threats rebuke their evil ways, and declare that never more at their prayer would she reveal her face to man. ‘Behold what manner of race the fathers of the Golden Age left behind them! Far meaner than themselves! But ye will breed a viler progeny! Verily wars and cruel bloodshed shall be unto men and grievous woe shall be laid upon them.’ Even so she spake and sought the hills and left the people all gazing towards her still. But when they, too, were dead, and when, more ruinous than they which went before, the Race of Bronze was born, who were the first to forge the sword of the highwayman, and the first to eat of the flesh of the ploughing-ox, then verily did Dike (Justice) loathe that race of men and fly heavenward and took up that abode, where even now in the night time the Maiden is seen of men.

― Aratus

Contrast this with the treatment of creatures at the hands of the majority of those people who deny the superior individuals and races the right to be ruthless in their heroic struggle against Time; of those who would like us to believe they “love their enemies” and have a genuine horror of atrocities! We have seen, we see every day, how the hypocrites treat their enemies – when they catch them. And we know what atrocities they can perform on human beings – or order, or at least condone, – when it suits their purpose. They treat animals no better. They take the hidden crimes daily committed against them in this increasingly wicked world, as a matter of course, just as they do those committed against the men and women whom they look upon as “dangerous fanatics,” “war criminals” and so forth. Of course, they find good excuses for their attitude, – one always does; logic was granted to man in order that he might justify himself in his own eyes, whatever monstrosity he might choose to support. But their premises are entirely different from those of the selfless people who fight with consistent ruthlessness for ideals in harmony with the perfect cosmic order. Their basic argument is “the interest of humanity” – indiscriminately; the “interest of humanity” as a whole; of “the majority” of human beings, good bad and indifferent; and of human beings alone. Their ideals – expression of the downward tendency of Time, which is hurrying man to his doom – are anything but Golden Age ideals.

Which humanity indeed do our kind-hearted agents of the dark forces struggle to “save,” at the cost of untold suffering inflicted upon healthy, innocent and beautiful creatures in the torture-chambers of “science”? Surely not the strong and proud élite of mankind, waiting for its Day to start a new historical Cycle, upon the ruins of the present world. Such men and women as belong to that healthy minority need no such laboriously discovered medicine, and would not accept it, even if they did. No. The majority of our contemporaries who support the infliction of pain upon living creatures for the sake of “research” are concerned with the relief of “suffering” humanity. They are full of that morbid love for the sick and the cripple, for the weak and the disabled of every description, which Christianity has once made fashionable and which is, undoubtedly, one of the most nauseating signs of decay in modern man. Whether they be professed Christians or not, they all cling to the silly belief that it is a “duty” to save, or at least to prolong, at whatever cost, any human life, however worthless – a duty to prolong it, just because it is human. As a consequence, they are prepared to sacrifice any numbers of healthy and beautiful animals, if they imagine that it can help to patch up the failing bodies of people who, most of them, would not have been allowed to live or, rather, would never have been born, in a wellconceived and well-organised society. In their eyes, a human idiot is worth more than the most perfect specimen of animal or plant life. Indeed, as our species degenerates, its conceit grows! And that conceit helps to keep men satisfied, though they be completely cut off from the vision of glorious, healthy perfection that dominated the consciousness of the world in its youth and that still is, and will remain till the end, the inspiring vision of a decreasing minority.

― Savitri Devi

1 Like