“Share A Quote” Thread

“Destiny is romance, fate is decision” — Nightsister (me)

What are you willing to lose and can you accept it? — unkown spirit

This was said to me when I asked what I should do regarding a difficult decision. I use this phrase to guide others now.

1 Like

I sleep the sleep of the hermit. I found a safe place up above the world where no one could really hear my song or read my lips. I roam in my thoughts. I visit the fire, but I stay away if there’s people;I only ever mingle to be a stranger among them. I’ve seen what they’ve done to the city.
But it’s me, guarding their flame now. As I sleep the sleep of the hermit, as I eat the bread of the vile. Up above thе world, for no one to know.
To remain completе, the man must at all times, at all costs, keep some part of himself beyond. Beyond this life, beyond the laughter and the tears.
Outside, as the complete outsider.

Rome, “Desinvolture”

2 Likes

Compassion hurts. When you feel connected to everything, you also feel responsible for everything. And you cannot turn away. Your destiny is bound with the destinies of others. You must either learn to carry the Universe or be crushed by it. You must grow strong enough to love the world, yet empty enough to sit down at the same table with its worst horrors.

― Andrew Boyd

6 Likes

“Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains.”

“I prefer liberty with danger than peace with slavery.”

Jean-Jacques Rousseau

1 Like

“What is now known is not all that you are capable of knowing…”

“…I am a teller of stories and therefore an optimist, a believer in the ethical bend of the human heart, a believer in the mind’s disgust with fraud and its appetite for truth, a believer in the ferocity of beauty.”

– (both by) Toni Morrison, "What’s Your Story?"

1 Like

“When I look back on my past and think how much time I wasted on nothing, how much time has been lost in futilities, errors, laziness, incapacity to live; how little I appreciated it, how many times I sinned against my heart and soul-then my heart bleeds. Life is a gift, life is happiness, every minute can be an eternity of happiness”

Fyodor Dostoevsky

2 Likes

One must imagine Sisyphus happy; the struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man’s heart.
– Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus

“Problem-solving is hunting; it is savage pleasure and we are born to it.”
– Thomas Harris, The Silence of the Lambs

2 Likes

“In actual operation nature is cruel and merciless to men, as to all other beings. Let a tribe of human animals live a rational life. Nature will smile upon them and their posterity; but let them attempt to organize an unnatural mode of existence, an equality elysium, and they will be punished even to the point of extermination.” -Ragnar Redbeard

“Forge not works of art but swords of death, for therein lies great art.” - O9A

“I was not aware of my actions. Everyone must find out who they are and be aware of their actions before they wind up in a vicious predicament.” -Richard Ramirez

“Nostalgia is an illness for those who haven’t realized today is tomorrow’s nostalgia.” -Zeena Schreck

“Get correct views of life, and learn to see the world in it’s true light. It will enable you to live pleasantly, to do good, and when summoned away, to leave without regret.” - Robert E. Lee

2 Likes

Self discipline is the highest Form of love.

" If you wish to persuade me, you must think my
thoughts, feel my feelings, and speak my words."

Marcus Tullius Cicero

“A party without a cake is just a meeting.”

• Julia Child

Love it, my favorite author my favorite book.

“Well, you’ll have some of that,… in your bigger jobs…”

“If you wish for peace, prepare for war.” -Roman Proverb

1 Like

a man asked Ben Franklin how he felt about wasting so much time inventing the light bulb. He answered that he didn’t waste anytime. Each time he did it the wrong way was one step closer to doing it the right way.

Wow! You’re as ugly as your sister

trespassers will be shot. survivors will be shot again

my dog can get to the fence in 2.5 seconds. How about you?

Son. When they was passin out the brains, you was hidin behind the door.

If I had a nickel for every time you said … I’d be rich.

sometimes the wolves in the forest are less dangerous than the wolves in the city

Are you tryin to tell me yo’ sh’t don’t stink?

And i don’t understand what you mean