“Share A Quote” Thread

I’ve been reading a ton these past few days and thought to myself while reading some Machiavelli why not start a thread of quotes?

Share any sayings or quotes you’ve come across from any source. Books, lyrics, poems, grimoires, spirits, anything or anyone. Unleash your inner scholar/muse :face_with_monocle:

“The wisdom of the wise, and the experience of ages, may be preserved by quotation.”- Issac D’Israeli

43 Likes

I’ll tell you the ultimate secret of magic. Any cunt could do it.” -John Constantine

53 Likes

“There are no limits to the power we bring.”
-E.A. Koetting, Evoking Eternity

34 Likes

“The possession of Knowledge, unless accompanied by a manifestation and expression in Action, is like the hoarding of precious metals — a vain and foolish thing. Knowledge, like Wealth, is intended for Use. The Law of Use is Universal, and he who violates it suffers by reason of his conflict with natural forces.” — The Kybalion.

32 Likes

He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know. Lao Tzu

42 Likes

“I have directed my flight at the very center of the sun’s heat, and nothing can lower its course. Love will not allow itself to be taken prisoner; it is free like a queen. Love attains God.”
-St. Maria Faustina Kowalska.

11 Likes

“In reality, magick is a sacred science. It is, in the very true sense, the sum of all knowledge. Because it teaches how to know and utilize the sovereign rules. There is no difference between magick and mystic or any other conception of the name. Whenever authentic initiation is at stake, one has to proceed on the same basis, according to the same rules, irrespective of the name given by this or that creed.”

Franz Bardon - Initiation Into Hermetics

25 Likes

“Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love.” ~ Anton LaVey

LaVey actually has a lot of really good quotes on love, emotions and respect. I’ll share a few more when I have the actual Satanic Bible in front of me, but it’s this very reason I adore LaVey as a writer and philosopher.

I also quite like J. R. R. Tolkien’s classic quote; “Not all those who wander are lost”.

25 Likes

‘Since Love and Fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved’

Niccolo Machiavelli

25 Likes

17 Likes

“Perception is equal to a diamond, no matter how inclusive it remains multifaceted.”-Pater Octavius

11 Likes

In God We Trust: All Others Pay Cash. -Jean Shepherd

10 Likes

"Young and alone on a long road,
Once I lost my way:
Rich I felt when I found another;
Man rejoices in man,

A kind word need not cost much,
The price of praise can be cheap:
With half a loaf and an empty cup
I found myself a friend,

Two wooden stakes stood on the plain,
On them I hung my clothes:
Draped in linen, they looked well born,
But, naked, I was a nobody"

Havamal.

13 Likes

“Do unto others before they do unto you” - a friend lol

“Don’t sweat the petty things and don’t pet the sweaty things.” -dunno lol

“Don’t fuck with me. I’ll get butt booty naked and sling the doodoo.” -inside joke from work. It does work to make people back away though

14 Likes

What if, some day or night, a demon were to steal into your loneliest loneliness and say unto you:

This life as you now live it, and have lived it, you must live once more and enumerable times more and there will be nothing new in it. But every pain and every joy and every thought and sigh and everything unutterably small or great in your life will return to you, all in the same sequence and succession. The eternal hourglass of existence is turned upside down again and again and you with it, speck of dust!

Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the demon who spoke thus? Or have you once experienced a terrific moment when you would have answered him: you are a god and never have I heard anything more divine."

-Friedrich Nietzche, The Joyful Wisdom

13 Likes

“Only you can prevent forest fires.”-Smokey The Bear

15 Likes

“Save 15% on car insurance by switching to Geico.”
----Jesus Christ

19 Likes

“Surprise Motherfucker”
-Sgt. Doakes

19 Likes

"It was at this moment he knew…he.fucked.up." -Morgan Freeman

17 Likes

“The First Woman to give a blowjob opened so many doors for us men and paved the way for the future of sex. A statue should be erected in her honor. Heh. Erected.”
-Some Asian Guy that called himself my friend

7 Likes