“Share A Quote” Thread

Sounds like what Masuka would say.

4 Likes

“Who is Masuka?”
-Micah

4 Likes

I think he’s that pervy Asian guy from Dexter, the show.

6 Likes

“Tell a person that you’re the Metatron and they stare at you blankly. Mention something out of a Charlton Heston movie and suddenly everybody is a theology scholar.” Metatron

15 Likes

“True knowledge lays in knowing that you know nothing”

Socrates

25 Likes

“The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation.” Henry David Thoreau

8 Likes

"He’s like fire and ice and rage. He’s like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He’s ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and can see the turn of the universe,
and… he’s wonderful."
– Tim Latimer (character), in Doctor Who, Series 3 Ep 9 “The Family of Blood” 2007

Genug ist zu wenig, order es wird sowie es war
(Enough is too little, or it will be as it always was)
–“Bleibt Alles Anders” - Herbert Groenemeyer (Singer/songwriter)

5 Likes

“Get off the cross, we need the wood.” Tori Amos

9 Likes

I love that quote!

2 Likes

It’s the perfect thing for the annoying martyr in your life. We all have them. I heard it years ago in “Fried Green Tomatoes” and have used it ever since. It’s the perfect Southern mix of religious reference and pure snark. As long as something Biblical or pertaining to God is mentioned, referenced, or alluded to, it’s all okay. The Southern way…bless us. I’m just sayin’.

5 Likes

Been watching this series lately like crazy and it’s wicked awesome!!

10 Likes

“Nice figure. I would like to ride that ass all the way into Jerusalem.”
-Jesus Christ, on his first date in 2000 years

11 Likes

“Encourage arrogance in your enemies, it will always lead to their downfall”

-Spirit Who Shall Not Be Named.

27 Likes

@Micah needs to bust a nut really goddamn bad when he’s making Jesus sex jokes.

7 Likes

insert rage quit meme

6 Likes

“Where there’s a hole there’s a way.”
#ShitBelialSays

12 Likes

[Luke sees his X-Wing is about to sink into the bog]
Luke: Oh, no! We’ll never get it out now!
Yoda: So certain, are you? Always with you, what cannot be done. Hear you nothing that I say?
Luke: Master, moving stones around is one thing, but this is… totally different!
Yoda: No! No different! Only different in your mind. You must unlearn what you have learned.
Luke: All right, I’ll give it a try.
Yoda: No! Try not. Do… or do not. There is no try.
[Luke tries to use the Force to levitate his X-Wing out of the bog, but fails in his attempt.]
Luke: I can’t. It’s too big.
Yoda: Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.
Luke: You want the impossible. [sees Yoda use the Force to levitate the X-Wing out of the bog and gets flustered when he does it] I don’t… I don’t believe it!
Yoda: That is why you fail.

15 Likes

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” —Mark Twain

17 Likes

“For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can’t be found, elseways everyone would know where it was.”
~Captain Hector Barbossa

13 Likes

“I’d luv to kiss ya, but I just washed my hair.”

“The best time I ever had with Joan Crawford was when I pushed her down the stairs in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?”

Bette Davis

7 Likes