Keeping courage though,
Locked in a deadly throe.
Baldhead, show no fear,
showers fall on you here.
With maidens you had a way,
All must die one day.

-Þórir jökull Steinfinnsson

3 Likes

“I’ve been doing a lot of reading, you know? Like, online about, like, just evolution and natural selection and how like there’s this thing, right? It’s called the apex predator, right? And basically what this is, is the strongest animal in the ecosystem, right? And as human beings, we’re considered the apex predator but only because smaller animals can’t feed on us because of weapons and stuff, right? A lion does not feel guilty when it kills a gazelle, right? You do not feel guilty when you squash a fly… and I think that means something. I just think that really means something.

3 Likes

Mathew 23:13

Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

3 Likes

Great thread!

The legendary Spanish conquistador Hernando Núñez de Valvida (La Serpiente Negra) wrote, in his diary entry of April 20, 1521 (a day he allegedly slaughtered two hundred Aztecs), “La gloria es un millón ojos asustados,” roughly translated as, “Glory is a million frightened eyes.”

2 Likes

‘’ Be nice to strangers, specially your neighbor. He may be your dad ‘’ — By my MOM.

6 Likes

“Motherfucker!” – Samuel L. Jackson

6 Likes

I’m an angel. I kill newborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. And occasionally, when I feel like it, I tear little girls apart. And from now till kingdom come… the only thing you can count on… in your existence… is never understanding why. ~ ‘Gabriel’ Christopher Walken

8 Likes

Pain is temporary, it may last for a minute, or an hour or a day or even a year but eventually it will subside and something else will take it’s place. If I quit however, it may last forever. And so every time something get hard, you quit, you call mama. I dare you to take a little pain! You ain’t gonna die, at the end of pain is success! You not gonna die because you feeling a little pain, you already in pain, you already hurt, get a reward from it! Don’t go to sleep! Some of you love sleep more than you love success, and I’m here to tell you today, if you’re going to be successful you gotta be willing to give up sleep. If you really want to be successful, someday you gonna have to stay up three days in a row, because if you go to sleep you might miss the opportunity to be successful, that’s how bad you gotta want it!-Lance Armstrong

3 Likes

“There are a thousand things which prevent a man from awakening, which keep him in the power of his dreams. In order to act consciously with the intention of awakening, it is necessary to know the nature of the forces which keep man in a state of sleep. First of all it must be realized that the sleep in which man exists is not normal but hypnotic sleep. Man is hypnotized and this hypnotic state is continually maintained and strengthened in him. One would think that there are forces for whom it is useful and profitable to keep man in a hypnotic state and prevent him from seeing the truth and understanding his position.” ~ G. I. Gurdjieff

Man has a glowing coat of awareness which the predator eats, leaving just the bare minimum of “consciousness stuff” for man to remain physically alive. The predator “milks” man through arranging for constant trouble and crisis and senseless preoccupation, so as to generate flashes of awareness that it then proceeds to eat.” ~ Carlos Castenada

4 Likes

Let me tell you something you already know, the world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that! -Sylvester Stalone

7 Likes

“In your deepest darkness you forg your brightest light.” -me

8 Likes

“My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I’m just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah.”
– “Iron” Mike Tyson

2 Likes

“Possibly, we humans… can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? Our future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what kind of future is it? And what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped by blood-stained hands? Is that the truth?”
-Lacus Clyne “Gundam Seed”

4 Likes

Death, be not proud, though some have called thee

Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so;

For those whom thou think’st thou dost overthrow

die not, poor Death, nor yet canst thou kill me.

From rest and sleep, which but thy pictures be,

Much pleasure; then from thee much more must flow,

And soonest our best men with thee do go,

Rest of their bones, and soul’s delivery.

Thou art slave to fate, chance, kings, and desperate men,

And dost with poison, war, and sickness dwell,

And poppy or charms can make us sleep as well

And better than thy stroke; why swell’st thou then?

One short sleep past, we wake eternally

And death shall be no more; Death, thou shalt die.

~ John Donne

2 Likes

“I got glocks. I got glocks.
I GOT GLOCKS, I GOT GLOCKS.
I bust shots. I bust shots.
I BUST SHOTS. I BUST SHOTS.”

Tremendous Repeat

3 Likes

"You watch those nature documentaries on the cable? You see the one about lions? You got this lion. He’s the king of the jungle, huge mane out to here. He’s laying under a tree, in the middle of Africa. He’s so big, it’s so hot. He doesn’t want to move. Now the little lions come, they start messing with him. Biting his tail, biting his ears. He doesn’t do anything. The lioness, she starts messing with him. Coming over, making trouble. Still nothing. Now the other animals, they notice this. They start to move in. The jackals; hyenas. They’re barking at him, laughing at him. They nip his toes, and eat the food that’s in his domain. They do this, then they get closer and closer, bolder and bolder.

Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody. Runs like the wind, eats everything in his path. Cause every once in a while, the lion has to show the jackals, who he is."

6 Likes

“How can she slap?”

1 Like

This made lol. :rofl: Definitely a classic.

1 Like

“I found myself remembering the day in kindergarten when the teachers showed us Dumbo, and I realized for the first time that all the kids in the class, even the bullies, rooted for Dumbo, against Dumbo’s tormentors. Invariably they laughed and cheered, both when Dumbo succeeded and when bad things happened to his enemies. But they’re you, I thought to myself. How did they not know? They didn’t know. It was astounding, an astounding truth. Everyone thought they were Dumbo.

"Again and again I saw the phenomenon repeated. The meanest girls, the ones who started secret clubs to ostracize the poorly dressed, delighted to see Cinderella triumph over her stepsisters. They rejoiced when the prince kissed her. Evidently, they not only saw themselves as noble and good, but also wanted to love and be loved. Maybe not by anyone and everyone, the way I wanted to be loved. But, for the right person, they were prepared to form a relation based on mutual kindness. This meant that the Disney portrayal of bullies wasn’t accurate, because the Disney bullies realized they were evil, prided themselves on it, and loved nobody.”

~ Elif Batuman, The Idiot

6 Likes

If you are drawn to the left hand path, it’s usually because you’ve had some kind of life experience that has shocked you, awakened you.

Nikolas Schreck

6 Likes