Seeking a lateral move from armchair magi to magi

Yeah my advice would be to memorize as much of the ritual as possible. I don’t memorize the evocation keys or the invocation psalms…but everything else I try to keep to memory in order to not break the flow of the ritual.

2 Likes

Yeah, especially when meditating all senses while speaking and staring at the sigil.

1 Like

Already tried evoking Bael earlier today using a hand drawn sigil and calling his name while trying to get it to flash. It did not flash.

Have selected Bune with a reasonable petition, and a real need.
Will keep going over and over on Ritual One with Bune until I feel something has occurred.
Also, bought several Damon Brand books and a few others, ten in total.

2 Likes

Reading Demons of Magic, and in order to memorize the entire ritual, let alone encode the petition, I struggle gfor an effective way to word my need, without it coming through employment or inheritance or whatnot.
Especially with a straight forward petition.

So i have only read through a third of this thread but if i am following right your looking for. Way to structure what info you have into practical application long term.
With how much you have dug into the various hermetic systems you may find the book (kabbalah magic and the great work of self transformation) a good place to start.

It takes dedication to get through it but it is essentially a practical course book from neophyte up through the elemental grades of the golden dawn work complete with reference lists, the rites, explanations on why certain things are used and books to help expand understanding as you pass through each elemental grade on an alchemical and energetic level. It is a book that give practical timelines long term changes with alchemical work. At the bare minimum timeframe suggested in the book it would take about 3 years to work through all the grades but you would differently see massive shifts if ya can stick with it. Afterward you can use all the skills and wisdom gained through the process to apply what you know in new ways.

The book is like $20 online.

As a side note don’t let the price fool ya, if ya can keep to the work it works.

I have a similar set of rune books i got for $20 each over a year as i dove into them and now reference regularly when i am constructing new rune base rites and still get new insights from.

1 Like

Quiet time. Took five minutes to put my bifocals on, smoke a couple good pipe hits, and lean back on my bead and stare at the ceiling, the triangular corner. At one time I believe I saw what others refer to as “static rain”, but only within say a size of a penny in the corner, but its a start.

3-Minute 3-Sun meditation per Dr. @AdamThoth
Void meditation to follow.

Writing out statements of intent, which will then be encoded.

1 Like

Saw color blending over myself
Void meditation to follow.

3Sun
Saw colors blending over me, red, yellow, forming orange, white turned it yellow

Circle of Light Visualization - Saw it briefly, matter of seconds.

Color visualization impairment, but noticed while imagining red and yellow were easy at gumboil to forced kickball/beach ball colors easy, but hard maintaining visualization of the color. Rubbed hands together as a mental note to try to feel the energy, and green and blue were easier to see.

I seem to be breaking out of the defeatist mindset, and seeing a larger possible reality for myself. It means I have to put my own work in, as we all should, despite someone ripping off my intellectual property ideas a year ago, it still won’t stop me though :). I can always have ideas. And quite a few I do.

Will put together a bunch of visualizations and meditations to do after the Demons of Magic, and implement everyone else ideas. And my own ideas. And we will see what occurs :slight_smile:

In the meantime, I need to create a few avenues, buy future lottery tickets, a few scratchoffs, once and only once. No gambling bug for me. Apply for high end jobs and buy a cheap suit. Keep basic bills up and the crappy job until something better opens up to me.
Keep up side business ideas with my partner and let him and his finance guy take care of opening up other channels for wealth and money creation.

I have my sentence worded how I want, now to encode it onto the seal, photocopy the DoM seals, and memorize the ritual, and start by Thursday morning, one each morning. So by Sunday should be able to take a rest before the next batch.

Did a practice run through trying to vibrate the names and to concisely state the petition, offer an offering, and give license to depart.

Need to memorize the names and whatnot, have the seal, petition, and evoke.
So, today is my day to memorize and get the seal copied/printed.

Then Thursday morning I evoke Mr Bune.

1 Like

Just got an unexpected job call, sixteen per hour.
Temp position. If two months, would make over 5000.

3 Likes

Damn bro! Sounds like to me you are starting to see success. How much do you usually make?

2 Likes

Well, a call about a job and an interview set for Monday from early this morning. An hour ago I was fired from my last job.
And Monday I am also supposed to be meeting with my business partner to discuss moving forward.
A sign perhaps?

3 Likes

I never realized it until now, in the invocation for the pre core ritual step, you invoke the five senses and the four elements, you then bind the spirit and do your core working and license to depart.

Its typical to loose your old job to make way for the new one when magick is involved. This is definitely a sign.

5 Likes

Well, magic does work.

1 Like

Memorizing the invocation. Thinking ahead a few steps for tomorrow. A lottery ticket and offering, incense. Basic prepatory immersion, and have petition written, print off the seal, and off I evoke.