Right hand path detailed description?

Eh, you’re a trusting soul :slight_smile: Why assume you will get any reward, that this … thing… you’re not even sure exists or how to describe, will give you what you expect, or that you will like it? If the reward is your whole spirit being subsumed into the All, then there’s nothing left of you to be rewarded anyway, so… what’s the point of that?

I’m not a fan of bowing down to others for some hoped for reward. Seems like a mug’s game.

6 Likes

@Mulberry Thats just the thing though. I’m not really motivated by my personal wants as much. I mean obviously I am like everybody is but without a set direction or “plan”, life is meaningless. What good is being your own god with nothing to compare your ascension goal to? Ultimately a strict God / father figure just suits some more than others I guess

2 Likes

I see your point and I agree with you.

The RHP Judeo christian Islamic faiths have . mastered this type of approach.

“Everything happens for a reason, just trust divine providence you’ll be fine”

That absolutely doesn’t work for me anymore.

I flat out reject the RHP, it’s brought me nothing but weakness and misery and spiritual stagnation.

Hail Sitrah Ahra!

5 Likes

Some people really need structure and need to be told what to do and what’s right and wrong.

2 Likes

It can be rather complex. I think @Timothy pointed it out well in his Black Magic Manifesto, way back in 2013 I believe. Maybe earlier. He pointed out the entire Black Magic or LHP Philosophy in a nutshell, but rather complete.
I think there are many RHP philosophies that dont agree with each other and causes severe complications to the followers of the RHP. Take Wicca vs Norse Magic, there would seem to be built-up warrior energy that has no exit point of release than through acts in ritual.
I think RHP is generally white magick oriented groups, some cult like some outright cults, and solitaries forge their path through blood sweat and tears.
I think RHP seeks to maintain an idea of good, and tries to maintain a sense of justice while being hands off to others.

1 Like

@Nightside hands off? And it’s a really hard choice for me tbh… on one hand, I want to rise by following a set path and the other I want to be free to do as I want. The “middle path” to me is garbage. By being neutral, you don’t get the fullness of either power.

1 Like

Sounds like a nice problem to have.

I recommend working on staying healthy and problem free then. You’ll miss it if you don’t have it :slight_smile:

I would say it’s more like you get the best of all worlds, by not limiting yourself to one docrine or set of tools. Perhaps that’s not “grey” I don’t use that term, I have my own personal code that I live by and I don’t pay a lot of attention to who that matches with. I don’t care about being a joiner or other people’s labels.

I might say, you may not really know what you want until you try it, and see how it really feels… we can intellectualize and try to predict how we feel, but it often surprises us what actually happens in the event of it. This is my experience, anyway.

I think you just have to live your life and try things out as you go. Make the best predictions you can, but don’t lock yourself in to a way until you’ve the personal experience to back the opinion up

Then see how you feel about it afterwards. If you didn’t like a thing you did, don’t do it again, if you did, add that to your way of doing things.

3 Likes

I agree with that. I’d even go so far as to say it’s illusory.

Well, grey magick for me then might not be the choice, time will tell.

Hands off, yes.
Example: someone you care about is sick. Thats fine, many a witch can handle this, you make your stews, brews and sage out the room, but the condition worsens, you call on the deities and still worsens., Then you call a doctor.
Hands off in terms of you are not allowed to cross a line, whereas LHP you’re your own boss.
LHP – Call on Marbas, miraculous recovery.
RHP – Call on Raphael, miraculous recovery.
So which one is right?

1 Like

In my opinion, this comment shows a lack of knowledge as to what the “Middle Path” actually is. You get to the balance of the middle by first fully immersing yourself in both the Left and the Right.

As EA Koetting described it in one of his books, you drown your Self in the darkness, then you soar up high into the Light, before then settling down with the best of both.

To quote Aleister Crowley: My adepts stand upright; their feet in the lowest Hells, and their heads in the highest Heavens.

Personally, i think being ambidextrous beats being one handed every time.

10 Likes

Yeah but my friend @DarkestKnight that’s a really hard road. I tried for years to stay on the middle path. Head in the heavens, feet in the hells and it was really tough, for me anyway.

1 Like

Oh, as for a detailed description, we have one I quite enjoyed here:

2 Likes

Never said it was easy lol

Aleister Crowley recommended that his students start with the path they were least drawn to. So, if you are naturally drawn to the demons, according to him you should start with the angels, and if you are naturally drawn to the angels, start with the demons.

The goal being, of course, to create well rounded magicians who can act in any way that may be required of them.

3 Likes

@DarkestKnight I’ve often wondered where the greatest gain is to be had. Shoring up ones weaknesses, such as starting with the energies they least prefer or by accentuating our strengths. Such as focusing on energy what resonates most strongly to you.

I don’t mean to drag the discussion off topic however.

It’s just been something I’ve been thinking alot about lately.

The answer for me anyway right now is to double down and accentuate and focus on my strengths and what I’m most strongly drawn to.

2 Likes

In my opinion, strengthening the areas in which the magician is weakest is part of being a complete magician.

People naturally want to only focus on the areas in which they are strongest, because the ego only wants to put effort into what it already knows it’s good at, due to its fear of failure, but without also shoring up where it is weakest, it opens a vulnerability that can then be exploited.

I liken it to marital arts. If you always favour your dominant side, then what happens when it is taken away from you? You will then be forced to depend on the weaker, less coordinated limbs, which puts you at a disadvantage in combat. This is why fighters train both sides equally. While the dominant side will always be naturally stronger, closing the gap by strengthening the weaker leads to better coordination and fluidity.

I basically follow EA Koetting’s dictum from his book Works of Darkness: All which brings power should be possessed. I don’t turn away from any path or current that promises more power, even if I’m not naturally inclined towards it.

4 Likes

@DarkestKnight You make a great deal lof sense my friend. I give great weight to your words and I will think on them. Thank you for the insight.

4 Likes

I’m currently stepping way out of my comfort zone with an underworld goddess, even though I’ve been immersed in the angelic current for the past year, so we’ll see how shoring up my own weaknesses goes lol

3 Likes

@DarkestKnight yeah pardon me. I certainly openly admit I’m still a humble student atm lol. I tend to aggressively jump my role once I acquire sound knowledge so excuse my remarks :sweat_smile::confused:

3 Likes

No worries, my friend. I was just giving an opinion. You’re welcome to ignore it as you like. It is neither better nor worse than anyone else’s :slight_smile:

Ultimately, your path comes down to what works for you. My approach won’t necessarily be your approach.

3 Likes

In my opinion I’d say that it fully depends on the person and their needs or more so beliefs. Growing up a extreme Mormon/RHP family I know what goes through their minds. Sad fact is some of them say “I will pray for you.” Or “Volunteer to help the needy.” But in fact they just want to look good for the man upstairs. Most of the people I know that is RHP is on that path out of fear and guilt. Even in Buddhaism (the branch I was on) was basically the same thing. But even the more philosophical branches still hold on to that desire to escape suffering and to become an enlightened being. They don’t (at least outwardly state) that they are doing so for power or anything more then just that and to help other suffering souls. But don’t take them as open minded too. The branch I practiced (Pureland) told me that by staying with my gods I am staying in a constant state of suffering and that I need to leave them in order to start my path to enlightenment. Well I saw the BS right there and left. But also don’t get me wrong, I learned quite a few things and the experiences I am blessed to have.

Now as for the LHP, it is like the RHP in that it is also not perfect. It also has its moments that it runs into the wall such as “The gods are just your subconscious talking to you.” Or “The gods are just a part of you that is taking that form to represent you. There is no such thing as external beings like Satan.” Then there is the complete opposite. The ones we know well of aka the crazies. Those that look one thing just one thing and they automatically say “I did that! I manifested that!” But let’s just say that money was simply just because that person been wanting to pay them back and that person that got the money forgotten about it. Not saying that manifestations can’t happen. Iv had my fair share on it.

What I’m saying is there is no such thing as a path that is better or worse. We change as our soul/self grows. So we may run into a time maybe next life that we decide to switch over. Maybe we feel the desire to be more self efficient and want to do things on our own for once so we change and go to the LHP. But let me also add that out there despite the traditional labels that is posted on some the well known spiritual paths, they can all be Left or Right. It is us that make up this decision. Example?

When I was working with angelics and Kabbalah stuff and the like I wanted to help people. I enjoyed healing and cleansing. But one thing I had in mind at the time was to become an Angel. Crazy? Possibly. But I had this firm belief I could. Why? To amplify my natural abilities and to gain new ones that can aid me in aiding my chosen path which in turn will help people. So I wanted to evolve and become a higher form of myself. So I studied and while doing so I focused on myself and my needs. So in a round about crazy direction it was a odd combination of both. Because yes I was doing it for a self driven purpose it also was to aid others as well.

So really we make our spiritual path as we want it and see it as. Some times we overly complicate things to the point we only see black and white but reality it’s simply is one huge journey that we are taking. So what is right to us may not be for others. What we see as good or evil may very well be the opposite. When it comes to RHP and LHP there is alot of grey that we often over look. The best example I can give to everyone that can go and experience it right now is called nature. There is no such thing as good or evil, black or white, LHP or RHP. It is just simply nature.

2 Likes