Real life superpowers

Just because those two guys stated this, its not %100 correct.

Did you search Franz Bardon’s life? He rotted in a cell in his later life.

Also, during the Boxer rebellion, the monks were told that their qi gong made them bullet proof. They were wrong too.

5 Likes

Yep. As much as I think he wrote some good stuff, he was also mistaken in other areas

1 Like

I mean being in a cell as a spiritual person can’t be as bad right? Especially if you can leave your body at will

To be fair, Bardon chose not to use his abilities to free himself. One of his students asked him why, and he said it would be a misuse use of his power (remember, he was ardently RHP).

1 Like

Well… Him rotting in a cell doesn’t mean his work is wrong. Maybe the spirits did lie to him. Or they meant it in a way that probably wasn’t on the physical plane(some of them). But the only thing left to do is see what they themselves say.

What powers ? Mind manipulation or going unseen and escaping ?

I am just stating even someone like Franz Bardon, despite his ‘only do good’ faggotry, was a great magician,did he have enough superpowers to get out of there? Nuh uh.And trust me he can blow %90 of the forum with knowledge he had.Well at least in my personal opinion of course lol.

2 Likes

I think he could have gotten out if he had wanted to. However, as explicated above, he didn’t want to.

1 Like

Superpowers I think of as very useful or strong magick abilities (nitty gritty, verifiable sorcery), of which clairvoyance and clairaudience may be some. If especially one could see evidence they’re actually real, by verifiable knowledge obtained outside direct contact, especially if practical (ie, save one or another from things.) (I tried to compact this, I speak too long).

If one perceived evidently real subtle or spiritual energies or existences, and be able to affect that domain, for positive or negative, that’d be very super-like. Being invulnerable to outside spiritual malignity, either intentional or just existing around, if most can’t be, I’d think is like a superpower.

If one could cleanse malignity from people; that’d be like a superpower because most would think its impossible since it’d be so useful for everybody and under known ,or to make people pay fair penances for bad things they’ve done too. Mmanipulate time would be a wild, likely ultrarare. Being in multiple places at once, or being able to travel vast distances not known possible would be too. I wouldn’t be sure you could escape confinement with anyone except time though in most places in the closer to modern day.

Personally I think I’ve seen verifiable powers that affect outside of oneself, even super seeming ones, so I believe they exist and even the wilder ones I listed here may, even manifesting things out of the air. Study where the illusions of reality are said to be, and maybe anyone can learn these powers. I’ve seen more evidence for them existing some, than not.

Lots of powers I think are possible, but rare is knowledge and experience of them, and hence good consensus on what ones are real or how they can be used I think is rare in this world. I think its why as I’ve noticed, there’s Very to almost no videogames on good magick or supernatural stuff.

1 Like

Very well, still he can die by a bullet to head tho right? :grin:

1 Like

I criticized him in my journal for precisely this attitude. He was very much one of those guys who would tell you to never use magic for anything but “the good of mankind”, whatever that is.

2 Likes

Yeah. I very much dislike that attitude.

Very true.

I never did understand his reasoning though. If I remember correctly, he was unjustly imprisoned, so technically, using his God-given capabilities to right that wrong, wouldn’t be a misuse of his power.

1 Like

When you say god given abilities, what abilities did he have ? If he was in prison what could he have done to get out or escape ?

I think he was confused. He thought he was on some kind of divine mission. I have met these types before

1 Like

I don’t know what his abilities were, but if the kind of magician built by IIH is any indication, he wielded considerable power, more so than probably most modern magicians, I’d dare say.

However, he was also about sacrifice and suffering as @Faustus mentioned. He was on a Divine mission.

6 Likes

How strong do you think his baneful magic would be ?

I also gotta read that book ASAP.

If you are talking about Bardon, he would never have applied magic in that way. But it would be quite potent if he did. I have used his methods to good effect and I am not nearly as developed as he was.

3 Likes

In the Initiation Into Hermetics, I came across this:

A great number of possibilities are offered to a magician who wishes to specialize more
particularly in the use of the elements, provided he has condensed or materialized the element with which he is working in such a manner that the elemental power has become a real physical power. Being perfect in doing so, he can, through condensation of the earth element in his body, produce such an invulnerability of his body that it resembles that shown by Indian fakirs in their performances. He is able to run pointed objects through his muscles
without feeling the slightest pain or losing a tiny drop of blood or leaving a scar. Fakirs’
insensitivity to pain when lying on a nail-board is brought about to a certain extent by
autosuggestion, but a magician produces much the same effect much faster with the help of
the earth element. He is indeed able to cure big cuts on his own or another person’s body
directly with the earth element without leaving a scar. A gaping wound that normally would
require a surgeon’s aid really can be healed in a few minutes. The earth element that he
condenses outside of his own person enables him to condense every thought, impression, or
being, whether deceased or not embodied, to such a degree that it becomes visible to a
completely untrained person and can be photographed.

1 Like

Magic Physical Training (X) in the IIH

Basically says what I want to do is possible.