Real life superpowers

Why do some people say that real life powers are not real but plenty of descriptions from spirits say otherwise ? Like these two:

Emzhit - The eighteenth head of the Moon sphere informs the magician of secret methods which enable him to become invisible by the help of moon magic, moon-quabbalah, moon beings and the Akasha-principle. Apart from that, Emzhit informs the magician of the laws of materialization and dematerialization, not only in respect to the astral body, but also in respect of physical matter. This head is rightly regarded as the initiator into magical transmutation.

Kaliel - Kaliel informs the magician about the various kinds of magic formulae and their use: for instance, how to become invisible, mentally, astrally, and, if necessary, also physically, by saying suitable magic formulae; furthermore,how to dematerialize oneself mentally, astrally and physically, in order to become visible again at the furthest possible distance.

I know some descriptions aren’t to be taken literally but these two(along with a whole lot more) seem to be in a literal sense.

4 Likes

I may be in the minority, but I do believe these things are generally possible. You don’t perform magic for them, though.

I’m using meditation and such to try and learn them. Yogis have spoke of them before and websites are there to help develop at least some of these abilities.

4 Likes

Just because spirits say it doesn’t mean it is either true or possible. Spirits say a lot of things, they like to toot their own horns, and they push their own agendas.

The thing is, most of the people who go on and on about “super powers” are the same people who want a spirit to make them instantly rich, or to drop their latest celebrity crush in their lap without them having to lift a finger. They have neither the dedication nor the drive to devote years, possibly even a decade or two, to obtaining such abilities. They want it all granted to them instantly.

They look at things through the lens of fantasy novels, comic books, and role playing games. They think all they have to do is call the right spirit, sign away their soul and poof! all their dreams will come true, but that is not how it works. If it was, you would see a lot more magicians dematerialising themselves and popping up somewhere else.

Human beings are capable of some pretty far out things according to the anecdotal accounts in various yogic and occult literature, but all of those capable of the upper limit of what is possible on this plane have spent years and years developing themselves.

Do you have what it takes to spend years on end in meditation? Do you have the focus to concentrate on an object to the exclusion of everything else for hours at a time?

Jason Miller, in his book Sorcerer’s Secrets, says that he witnessed one of his teachers do such incredible feats with magick that if he described them you would think he was making it up, and he goes on to state that his teacher was able to do these things because he trained for years, with little food and sleep. Every waking minute was devoted to his magick.

Spirits are not a shortcut to anything. You still need to put in the work.

18 Likes

Quite right. In both of the above examples it says that the spirit informs. In other words, the spirit teaches. You still have to do the heavy lifting. As DK said, that means years of constant effort.

4 Likes

I know it takes years but some people say it’s simply not possible at all.

Whelp… why do you even want to be invisible at all? Because it sounds cool? Because that doesn’t sounds cool to me. At all.

Because for 99% of people, it’s not. If it was, you would be seeing a lot more of it, especially in this age of social media and YouTube insta-fame.

A lot of the stories of people with supposed supernatural powers are metaphor and allegory meant to teach spiritual lessons, not to be taken literally.

The simple fact is, most magicians have better things to spend their time on than devoting years to obtaining supposed abilities that they would have very little use for in their life even if they were possible.

4 Likes

I have always maintained that there are people who can do the miraculous. However, it is sufficiently uncommon that I would still likely call bullshit should someone make the claim on here. The reason is that most people will simply not devote the time and effort to obtain that level of power. And that could be for legit reasons such as work, or the not so legit reason of sheer laziness.

2 Likes

Why wouldn’t everyone want those kinds of powers ? You could literally do anything. No government or military would be able to stop you. You wouldn’t have to follow laws etc. Its the perfect life.

1 Like

Why do you think nobody could be able to stop you? Even if you think about robbing a bank the money wouldn’t be invisible. To take, you would have to give away your possition, since, hey, everyone would notice a flying brick of bills.

Maybe you can kill an enemy without leaving evidence behind. But how many enemies do you have? And of those, how many do you actually want dead? And more importantly… since baneful magic lets you do the same, why do you think it is better to go for the hardest path?

Superpowers would never work in the real world.

Um…no, you couldn’t. They’re not comic book style powers, dude. You would still have to deal with the physics of the material world lol

And a bullet to the head would drop you just as easily as the next man.

Stop living in a fantasy.

5 Likes

Even if it was possible by dedicating all your years into it i dont think it will be useful to us humans. If you are talking about superhero powers, then keep in mind its not possible in the reality to perform those

Even if you dedicate all your years for a such aspect you wont even reach 3% and it will be useless

3 Likes

The only real super power worth having is completely self healing.

2 Likes

If you can actually become invisible, you’d be blind as well.
In order for us to see, light has to hit our eyes, which is then processed into images (very simply put).
If your eyes are invisible, no light will hit them, hence you wouldn’t be able to see.

Also - in this day and age, invisible(metaphorically) is one of the easiest things one can be.

1 Like

No, I do not want to be invisible. If I am invulnerable I wouldn’t have to worry about a weapon. I would have to worry about being captured and imprisoned.

I got some of these from Franz’s Bardon’s Practice of Magical Evocation and Konstantino’s Summoning Spirits.

And how would that happen if I am invulnerable ?

Hahahel - Apart from this, the magician will be taught how to increase any kind of energy in an astonishing manner, how to become invulnerable, and how to recognize the effectiveness of the Akasha Principle in the mental, astral and physical worlds. The magician will be able to increase his magical powers to the highest level by using the methods he receives from this genius, as well as learning how to increase his belief and persuasiveness to such an extent that he will be able to perform miracles.

Vasariah - He will entrust to the mature magician magical power formulas that will make him invisible and invulnerable to any type of weapon.

1 Like

Completely untrue. Someone with invulnerability to any weapon could do anything they want as long as they don’t get caught. If someone could make themselves as light as a feather and fly why drive ? That statement is completely untrue.

1 Like

Yeah…no. Sorry.

There isn’t a spirit around that can make you impervious to a bullet. While there are energy techniques in nei gong that can make you relatively impervious to a blade if you see it coming, there is nothing that would let you shrug off a bullet. No technique is going to make you Superman.

You need to come down to Earth for a bit. Back in the day such descriptions were written, weapons were not at the same level they are now. Blades were most common back then, and bullets were slower as guns were less powerful. These days, bullets travel at sub sonic speeds and can be fired form miles away. You would be dead before you could even form the thought about mustering up whatever energy is supposed to protect you.

When they wrote “any weapon,” they had never seen a grenade, or a rocket launcher, or even an M60 for that matter.

7 Likes

@DarkestKnight there is also the matter of mistranslations, particularly with texts that originate from different languages

2 Likes

there are some super humans of stan Lee.
1 Like

I watched that show. They’re not super human, that is just a click bait title they used along with Stan Lee’s name. It’s got nothing to do with actual abilities, and is more about quirks of biology, like a neurological disorder that makes you immune to pain.