Question to The challenge of Darkness

Post i refer to: The Challenge Of Darkness - LET'S SEE IF YOU'VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES

In this challenge you blacken your chakras at some point. I heard that blackening your chakras is just new age bs and that its rather harmful then helpful.

Can someone explain and would it be possible to leave that out and still complete the challenge?

It’s basically just pulling a different type of energy through them. It’s really nothing special, despite the use of the edgy word “blackening.”

1 Like

I’m not sure tbh, as a qigong practitioner, this made no sense to me, it fits no parallel in energy working techniques,and the purpose “to become darkness incarnate” also makes no sense. It sounds like it could cause imbalance from my world view, IF you aproach it as energy working… I think it is not though.

According to the cited post in Challenge six:

… blackening the chakra’s is a powerful technique, but not only does it reunite aspects of consciousness, but it is a rite of becoming darkness incarnate.

One of the things I like about qigong is the system is complete and makes holistic sense that gains tangible results. I don’t know if this has a basis in any energy working system to explain it, but it seems not, therefore, energy working is the wrong mindset for this.

So, as it’s magick and we are creator beings, all you have to do is be clear on what your intention is.

Possibly. This could be your intutition just telling you it’s not for you right now.

I don’t know what “becoming darkness incarnate” means to even try this myself… I can’t (won’t) perform a working if my intention is not clear. Wishy washy intention will make for unpredictable results. As I don’t get what this is for, and in fact it seems a bit… romantic to me, I have no use for it.

(I get is as a goth but goth is artistic and aesthetics not magick. )

Depends why you want to complete a “challenge”? If it’s for the challenges sake itself, no. If it’s because working though it teaches you some things, yes. Learn the other stuff and come back o this afterwards or later if you feel like it.

Magick is highly personal: at this level, just make it yours, and do whatever you want to do.

1 Like

i see thank you both for the proper explanations/advice i will see what i will do with said challenge and yes i wanted to do the challenge to further myself as i have noticed C.Kendalls rituals meditations have been working fantastically for me

If i may ask what type of qi gong do you practice? And what cab one do with it.

I thought qi gong is just movement and mastery of energy

Qigong means energy training. I learned theraputic qigong from teachers in person around the turn of the century. It’s just qigong.

I know some moving forms like soaring crane, wiji tai chi and tai qi chuan, but I’m mostly just interested in the still meditation.

I posted a bunch of books that are reliable resources in the Book Recommendations collection thread of you want to check that out.

1 Like