Question about Jehovah/YHVH from a Christian

So as the title says (and those who read my intro) I’m a Christian! So the basics in that belief in relation to this question is I pray to God(usually calling him Lord or father) and to Jesus. I separate them for the question however even in prayer it can end either with a to a prayer to Jesus or The lord(in the belief they are the same and different).
Some background to the question. After having a few conversations and some reading of certain topics on this form decided to step out of my own belief to ask what others believe.
The question itself! I have read what many people’s beliefs on Jesus is here so this will be mainly directed to prayers dedicated to him I call The Lord or Father. Those prayers or mediation with those names, do they connect with Jehovah/YHVH? I have had contact (Not going into details unless it is important to question) through both Jesus and The Lord(different occasions), so I know I am connecting with a higher power, but is it the right one?

If this is wrong section sorry! But saw other similar posts here!

3 Likes

@Dralukmun

1 Like

Calling out to “Jesus” or “Christ” has always worked for me. “God” is probably too generic, but YHVH is commonly used to connect to archangels.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I got that part. Meant more, whom am I praying to and contacting to when I pray to The Lord or Father(the names I use in prayer). I have felt a connection (Have seen a Golden Light, have gained inner strength many times , gained energy, and felt not only loved at some times but a sense of right, that I was on the right path and doing the right thing). Never directly talked voice to voice, but it was never that kind of relationship , but more through other factors. So it’s not like I hear a name or anything but feel the presence.

1 Like

The name used isn’t quite the important part but rather the intention, for example there are Gods who have the same titles but intention is what separates who is being called on.

2 Likes

Thanks! That’s the answer I was looking for! (Had trouble explaining it so my bad)

1 Like

I don’t think anyone has ever directly spoken to the divine source, the highest god, or whatever. It’s said that to go to the highest power, whatever that is, one must go to Metatron as the middleman. My best understanding is that we’re all connected as one mind at the highest dimension, whether it’s 10-dimensional or 11-dimensional, and that’s essentially the “God” that Jesus was referring to.

2 Likes

Even saying “God” is enough in my opinion, as you know who you are calling. In Kabbalistic Magick I’ve also used various names for YHWH, such as El, and I don’t believe saying “El” in that context calls upon the older Canaanite god of the same name. So if you say “The Lord”, you know who you are calling on.

But, a note on this, when it comes to spirits, a name is usually not just a name. A name is meant to fully embody the personality and powers of the spirit in question. In Kabbalistic Magick, while these names all refer to the same god, they are placed onto different Sephiroph on the Tree of Life.

Something interesting to try is to search for the meaning of your name, and the names of various friends, as well as their middle names and surnames, and see if it applies to them.

4 Likes

Why do people have to put dimensions in scientific sense to occult? It doesn’t work ffs.

3 Likes

Not really hard to answer that if you think a little. It is in mankind’s nature to find a reason or explanation behind anything and everything. Even by saying we don’t understand everything we are trying to find a reason for a question. “Scientific sense” is just a natural desire to have some kind of answer.

1 Like

You’re praying to yourself, essentially. It doesn’t matter which name you use, Yahweh, God, Jehovah, Jesus, Lord, Father.

The true name of the Lord is “I AM” or “I AM THAT I AM”, and that is you, your own consciousness.

4 Likes

I appreciate the thought! Although I will have to agree to disagree with you on that point! But I understand that view.

2 Likes

That doesn’t help when the result is a pisspoor explanation which is a soup made of various other stuff. But I am getting off the topic, I will seek myself out.

2 Likes

Not sure why this mistranslation of Ehyeh became so prominent in literature and New Thought groups.

3 Likes

Thank you for you input! Every opinion is valued!

Think the two below answered me question! Thank you everyone though! Have always directed the prayer towards YHWH through intent if not name!

1 Like

Having a background in aerospace engineering and a lifelong interest in astrophysics doesn’t go away when practicing the occult. Magick is the workings of higher dimensional minds and higher dimensional physics, which has always been my view of the teachings of Kybalion when referring to “The All”. There is nothing wrong with approaching the concept of “God” from this point of view, as science itself was initially derived from the occult.

1 Like

Added Note: This is also why Magicians throughout history report that the “Secret Name” of an entity, which is often personalized to the Magician, tends to give different results than calling on them by their usual name.

3 Likes

Oh really? Care to explain what a dimension is to me then?

A coordinate axis, like the three dimensions plus time? When we go deeper in trance do we pull up another axis? Is that what we do?

Or a parameter in a mathematical model, like the string theory maybe? Care to explain every single one and how they connect with occult planes?

Or something completely different, like another realm? Which is not scientific, but colloquial.

Putting an unproven theory and the calling highest dimension in that one ‘God’ simply makes you a Theosophist, nothing more. The same people who thinks ceremonial magick is evil. I don’t claim you are one but meh.

1 Like

What was the original one?