Problem with DOUBT

My biggest problem in magick is DOUBT

6 Likes

@TheRookie I moved this here so itā€™s not accidentlly off-topic, also, so people can reply and it wonā€™t get buried. :+1:

7 Likes

Doubt about result? Donā€™t worry about that. Doubt about technique? Same. Doubt about who or what you are trying to reach? That is more of a challenge. You have to be confident that you are really engaging with the spirit, force, or energy that you want to work with. If thatā€™s difficult, take some time and consider if you are looking for the right ally for you.

6 Likes

Iā€™m always in doubt with magicā€¦ Most of the time I try to create my own ā€œmagic worksā€ accordingly to some kind of correspondences. Other times I pick sortileges from books or prescribed by some people. If I do by my own I doubt if I did the right way. If I take from books or people I question if they really know what they are teaching and so on. LOL :slight_smile: I think it is quite normal to have some doubts and question things. What is not normal is to fear too much and get paralyzed. Then you need to work on that issue first.

5 Likes

@Lady_Eva thanks .

@Trilby I have doubts that I am actually talking to the demons I call . Also I have doubts about the results they will give me

5 Likes

@TheRookie, There is a saying: ā€œwe know the tree by its fruitsā€.

3 Likes

What does that mean ?

1 Like

@TheRookie, it is about results. Depends on what spirit/god you are calling, they have their own scope.

2 Likes

I only call on Goetic Demons . I donā€™t know why but I feel like they are the most reliable

2 Likes

@TheRookie, demons have their own scope, at least most of books say that. Some bring power, others love, others money, etc. For example, I wouldnā€™t call a destructive war spirit to bring me love and peace.

3 Likes

@TheRookie In fact doubt can undermine your magic. Maybe it is a good idea to discuss your work with someone real versed in such subjects to see if you are doing it right and to check if the spirits who are answering are those you called.

4 Likes

I mentioned on here before a good way to gain confidence in your ability. Do some spells that are not important to you so you do not think about them. Another way to get over one spell is to do another one or 2 following it.

9 Likes

In the rhp Magickal Order I was once in I was known as Doubting Thomas. Iā€™ve seen practitioners who believe everything get into lots and lots of trouble. But if you keep going eventually there are too many instances, too many coincidences, too many things that work out. At that point your doubt disappears. I appreciate that this may not be of much practical use, but persevere. Itā€™s a process. It works.

Al.

5 Likes

Have you had any success at all with magic no matter how small? If you did then hold on to that, remind yourself that you did it at one point and youll do it again in the future. Thats what I do. As far as doubt that the spirits you call actually talk to you there`s no real answer to that because people experiences are subjective, and spirits, demons, entities have subtle ways of ā€˜ā€˜talkingā€™ā€™ that does not involve actual talking. Look for clues, coincidences, just things that pop up or you may be guided somewhere. Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Yeah just two

thats why i made this thread. when you read about other peoples success stories by the dozens, it becomes harder and harder to hold doubt about the efficacy of this stuff. i suggest you read through a few of them if you havent already. I suggest you start by reading the baneful stories where the target died, since that is much harder to chalk up to coincidence

2 Likes

With time you will overcome it. My advice is to keep an open yet optimistic mind set during spell casting.

Everyoneā€™s biggest problem in magick is doubt.

The key is to stop being afraid. Doubt is caused by fear of the unknown. Your mind wants to perceive it as real but because you canā€™t see it, smell it, or hear it, it must not be real? I had that issue for over a decade.

Getting over it is easier than you think thoughā€¦
Look up psionics and start beginning your research on it. Realizing that there is energy all around us that the mind can control through itā€™s own ā€œstasisā€ field made me believe in magick a lot more. Why would we as humans (mortal beings) be able to control the energy around us unless it had a purpose.

3 Likes

Try Chaos Magick.

If you are concerned with technique, results, or dieties, make your own.

I know of people who called on Optimus Prime and got results.

Carve your own path if you canā€™t find one that works for you

2 Likes

@serpens_album I like this idea! So far spells and manifesting Iā€™ve done for things Iā€™m less emotionally invested in/more confident in my being successful at it with or without magick came to fruition relatively quickly. I wonder if trying to disengage emotional investment for a time in my goal (in my current case getting an ex back) would be beneficial? I know that at the very least it would be good for my mental health to relax about it for a bit.