Polluted river water for magick

Hey guys I need help. I live near the Trinity river in Dallas Texas and I am studying EA Koettings black Magick course and in the consecration rites section an ingredient for the oil of consecration is River water :sweat_drops:. I wanted to know if it is okay to use water from the Trinity river because the water is polluted and it supposedly has E. Coli. Will the pollution and chemicals from waste change the properties from the river water? Can it still be used for consecration rites? The water is not really clear but it is more of a brown greenish color. Please help me out with thoughts or any Recommendations , thank you fellow sorceress and witches .

2 Likes

I don’t see any problem in it, but bottled waters are easily accessible and if you think that the chemicals in the water is gonna affect the purification so here is the solution.

2 Likes

Are you talking about water bottles from the store? Do they contain river water?

My question is whether or not you would feel that was cleansed in your mind, if you use it in the consecration oil and do you really want items laying around with possibly deadly germs on them.

Like idk, you wouldn’t wipe your counter down with a raw chicken breast and leave it, even if I told you to write your targets name in chicken blood on the now cleansed counter (cleansed by rubbing it with the raw chicken breast)

Once you were done burning candles for this crazy ritual and were waiting on results you would certainly clean the counter to prevent exposing all other foods to bacteria and cross contamination.

So sorry no, écoli is dangerous and I would not willing allow it to sit around on items I touch. Food poising sucks and I don’t want to get it just for fun.

River water is only better than tap whatever imop if it’s cleaner to your mind. If the energy of the water is fucked up- it might as welll be cursed water from your worst enemy you are cleansing all your tools with imop.

3 Likes

Even if bottled water uses river water, I think that no business would let greenish brown water be sold.

2 Likes

All that matters is your intention and confidence.

2 Likes

If I boil the polluted water might that remove some of the pollutants or bad chemicals in it?

1 Like

So I can use bottled water for the creation of consecrated oil?

1 Like

Probably not. It would have to be filtered.

Boiling just kills germs and bacteria.

2 Likes

If I was you, I would use some cleaner water from a creek or something, like say, in a park.

(Key being, it’s running water…)

3 Likes

I’m not sure if that is effective at limiting your health risks, without researching it.

If it wouldn’t be safe for consumption, don’t consider it safe for skin contact or breathing in, imop.

1 Like

I will try and find other options so that I can use the water for consecration purposes, thanks for helping me out guys.

1 Like

No but it will kill any bacteria. You could also filter it through charcoal. Between these two you’ll make it drinkable.

I think it would be fine to consider the water cleansing part of the consecraton.

If you don’t plan on drinking it, just consecrating it for use I think it’s good to go and I’d use it as-is.

3 Likes

Exactly!

As far as I know, I don’t use the purification water for consumption (only cleaning the environment). If you are only cleaning the environment, use water from a clean river or use filtered water. And if you want to drink the water, I really recommend bottled water (or if you are going to use water from a stream, even when moving and seems to be clean, still boil it)

3 Likes

Now I’m like, what was the use case again?

Oh yeah… so, rereading this, I’d say go ahead and boil it. You’ll be anointing things with it and bacteria are a concern. E coli don’t eat oil, but I don’t remember what else is in there that could sustain them… this way you won’t be risking putting any bacteria on your surfaces or your ritual tools etc.

3 Likes

I agree, thank you for your advice and I will be boiling the water to make sure bacteria is gone because I will be using it to consecrate all of my ritual items.

2 Likes

I won’t be drinking it, I will only use it to anoint the altar, athame and any other ritual items. What do you mean by filtered water?

Sorry, I’m last question. Are streams, rivers, and creeks the same thing? If I get water from any of these will it also work like river water?

1 Like

In my opinion, yes. In spells like this, the key is generally the symbolism of running water which washes away the old energy of an object. A modern adaptation is to use water from a faucet, for example, when a river or stream isn’t available. It’s the movement that is important.

4 Likes

Yes I actually saw that part in the video in which you wash away the energy or spirit of the object but to consecrate it with a new spirit EA Koetting uses a consecration oil that has river water as an ingredient I believe? I might be wrong

1 Like