Pictures of Altars

You can get some skulls (both human and animal) at SkullStore or Boneroom.

3 Likes

Correct me if I am wrong but is that a Mark Alan Smith Hecate print? I have the same one, but yours has a symbol on her forehead, that I canā€™t make out - would you mind sharing what it is?

1 Like

Its a photocopy from Queen of hell that I altered a little in paint. Green eyes, red lips and her sigil on the forehead were the alterations.

1 Like

This is exactly what I am starting to do. I tracked down a copy of the Scorpion God, and hopefully the first two of the Trilogy arrive this week - he did a limited reprint of them which I pounced on. He isnā€™t sure if he will be given permission do another run of SG though.

1 Like

I grabbed the trident trilogy as soon as they came out but Iā€™m still tempted to get the reprints, they look pretty awesome. Alas the witchblood grail and the second book of Devilā€™s witchcraft(as soon as it comes out) comes before that.

1 Like

I have the Queen of Hell and the Red King myself. Me wonders if I really need all the ritual tools though.

3 Likes

I have crown prince of the Sabbat, there is some great stuff in there too, but I feel I would need a warehouse to make all the sigils from his system.

2 Likes

On balance, edited out.

2 Likes

I would feel so much better if there was a spirit that forced every single goddamn occult author to stamp on their foreheads.

" YOU DONā€™T NEED ALL THE RITUAL TOOLS TO WORK THE SYSTEM OR EVEN THE COMPLETE FRAMEWORK ITSELF."

" JUST WORK WITH WHAT YOU HAVE AND DONā€™T ASSUME THE SPIRITS ARE HARDASSES THAT CARE!"

5 Likes

Most of them have a very specific purpose that is almost vital for the success of some rites. That being said, most spell and rituals you can perform just fine without the tools. The ones that see most use with me are the chalice, athame and the ā€œDark portalā€

4 Likes

I will just make them small and make them as I need them to be true to the system. The trilogy will keep me going for the next year at anyrate.

3 Likes

Perhaps, but Iā€™m just saying that if I look at a long list of materials, I shouldnā€™t feel like, " Crap I really need all this shit."

Case in point, I can evoke the spirits from Kingdoms of Flame without using the Seal of the Sorcerer or the ritual tools EA outlines.

3 Likes

The tools are usually just as implied:tools. They make things easier, especially when working with specific system. Lets for example use hammer as a comparison. I can drive nails, smash bricks and skulls if needed all without the hammer but it sure makes things easier. I can also scry and enter realms beyond the physical without my Dark portal (also known as concecrated obsidian ball) but it is a hell of a lot easier with it.

2 Likes

Completely agree. You donā€™t need any tools, including a circle for that matter. But they add layers of energy, which over time gets stronger the more they are used, and they create stronger magic for me.

2 Likes

Tools? Tools? I donā€™t need no stinkinā€™ tools! I use my mind. I am the altar. I am the gateway. I am the portal.

9 Likes

Yep, and EA himself used the Kingdoms of Flame entities in both Evoking Eternity and Works of Darkness with nary a mention of the Seal of the Sorcerer or opening the square of the Kingdom prior to that of the specific spirit.

I look at it similar to the Goetia spirits everyone uses. If you want to specifically work that system, you need all the paraphernalia, but you do not need that specific system to work with the beings in it.

3 Likes

I appreciate what you have shared. I feel like Iā€™ve learned quite a bit just by looking at the photos.

6 Likes

@Akashiel
Can you PM me?

Iā€™ve never really gotten into working with the eastern spirits and systems. I would be interested in hearing your take on what eastern spirits and gods are the equivalent or mask of corresponding western and middle eastern spirits.

Also you have the coolest outfits and styles for ritual wear.

1 Like

Not my altar, thatā€™s quite private. But one of my magickal spots

11 Likes