[Peace Treaty] Community Unity - No More Politics

Damn you beat me :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Sorry, based on new rules you and the guy beneath yous’ posts have been flagged appropriately. Good day! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This peace treaty feels highly counterproductive. :sweat_smile::thinking: Cant really remember the last time I saw this much conflict on these forums

3 Likes

I predicted this would happen.

Now I demand that somebody write me in a book and have a bunch of people worship me after my death. :skull:

2 Likes

Ironic isn’t it?

But it’s not like this is an unforeseen circumstance quite frankly. It was bound to cause a lot of conflict.

3 Likes

I was gonna say! Lol! Where did that come from?

Words are not violence. And they’re necessary. But I like change, those words don’t have to be here. but I hope I find out where they are spoken so I can go there instead. It does amuse me how much this belies Timothy’s own Manifesto though, so I think saying this is hypocritical isn’t unfair.

Thus I hereby entitle this literary carpet bomb:
Black Magick Manifesto: The Conscience of the Left Hand Path
Wake up and war, or die in your sleep. We] strike now. [ We? … or… not? ok nevermind then XD.]

BALG won’t be what it was but new people will come that they won’t know that. Funny, for a rule supposedly promoting unity it’s just created a crowd of folks looking towards the door… for a new place… until that gets so big it faces the same issues, and the cycle repeats. “All good things do come to an end.”

@Qayos It is a different story when the resources stagnate. Finding new information in rereads means its still ‘on your level’, AKA you can still make use of a fractal of that information. What do you do when the rereads get you nowhere, though? You use it as a map, not as a territory but as a way of interpretation. But what if the map stops working? Then you need a new one.

That’s fair. I’m kind of a ‘make my own map’ person, but I don’t disagree, and what would happen is there would form a gap, from learning the basics, to being on your own with your UGP and your daemons, and no-one you can soundboard it against with because the topic is verboten. I don’t think that’s too out of bounds given how broad the subject is and how pervasive in every day life and culture.

I’m working on things that have accelerated my practice considerably and introduced me to new daemons I’d never have though about, things I never would have a reason to try if I’d arrived here tomorrow, because the inspiring thread wouldn’t have been allowed. That’s a shameful thought.

Yeah all those questions. … ALL of them.

5 Likes

I was going to stay out of this, but I really have to facepalm at some of the comments being made.

This is not censorship, because he is not singling out any one particular side of the political spectrum. If he said, “no more Trump threads because he is an ass” or “no more liberal threads because you’re all idiots” that would be censorship. A blanket “no politics” rule does not fit the criteria, in my opinion. As someone else said, you are in his house, and all he is asking you to do is behave yourself.

Taking into consideration that we have had threads calling for the death and/or imprisonment of a certain former rival of Trump, the execution of a comedian who mocked Trump, as well as encouraging mass shootings and celebrating the killing of journalists, and the shooting at YouTube headquarters, the members of this forum aren’t really ones to talk about threats to free speech because they target anyone who disagrees with them. Do people seriously think there are no consequences to advocating this kind of shit?

To me, this looks to be simply a stop-gap measure meant to bring the forum into some sort of order to prevent, or possibly, to deal with some unforeseen consequence resulting from something that was either posted or resulted from a post. My feeling is it is not permanent.

However, based on the immaturity level of the people who are mockingly flagging everything, I can certainly understand Timothy’s point of view if it does become permanent. You’re in Timothy and EA’s house, and wiping your asses on his carpet because he asked you not to discuss politics at the dinner table.

9 Likes

I posted and realized the choice of words :rofl:

3 Likes

Just being honest though … I smell a sell out …

2 Likes

I would. Please pm the info

I mockingly flagged … and I stand by it …and like I said …I also requested a ban

2 Likes

I can tell you why in one easy step!

It’s because this is censorship dressed up as something most people here don’t even seem to want, that is, unity.

Saying ‘you can’t name names’ is one thing, but banning an entire concept from being posted about is censorship.

5 Likes

I don’t think reasonable to compare discussing the WrOP to ‘wiping asses on the carpet after being asked not to discuss politics’. It IS much like continuing to discus that request - at the same table - while we finish up our potluck that we provided. That’s not immature, it’s what people do. I’m sure Timothy expected as much, which is why he didn’t just throw us out and keep the dishes.

3 Likes

Most likely this was all anticipated, as you said.

I really feel sorry for @Lady_Eva though.

1 Like

Yes, she is a great woman. I’m sad she is the one whom have to pick up our excrements.

6 Likes

From my observation Timothy has made this new rule in the spirit of self preservation, just look at what’s been happening with many others who go against the grain.

Like Gab.ai who tries to be the place of free speech on the internet and what happens? They get a blockade and denial of entry no matter where they go whether it be play store, Apple Store or ISP.

I think people are mad about the hypocrisy of “Welcome to BALG - No Masters No Gods… Now excuse me while I lick these jackboots”

Intruth they almost have no option in this new world if they are to have a successful business. And at the end of the day that’s what BALG is … a business.

9 Likes

You know, I think that’s absolutely find and reasonable. But then, I would have appreciated it if that was just stated honestly, instead of trying to tell us it’s ‘for our own good’.

That’s a mistake currently being made in the world, that some people think, vehemently, that they want to take peoples voices away and treat others like they’re too stupid to be allowed to think for themselves and decide what they want to say and who they want to listen to. Sure, it’s everywhere, so much so it’s affecting tiny forums in obscure parts of the web, while I really didn’t expect to see it here. WHY don’t obscure forums on the web find it comfortable to allow their members to discuss politics, hmn? That’s important. That’s not a ‘new’ world it’s 1984. What’s next, thought police knocking on my door?

6 Likes

:thinking: Can we do group cursing on terrorists organisations by name?

1 Like

I agree.

This is basically what has happened.

Except it was sold a neutral, whereas in reality a side was chosen.

:wink:

2 Likes

1 Like