[Onion's journal]

8th February, 2022
23:02

I again, was unable to stick to a schedule or even get the fact that I haven’t laid out one. I also forgot to email my college about me wanting to drop out of theatre.

I did my working for MFWB. I evoked King Paimon but it was…weird?

I mean, I found a fault in the scrying mirror I made but that’s fine. I saw a small man shaped flame, with darkness around them. I also felt a slight breeze but that was it.

He was there, I think, for a short period of time. But honestly, idk.

I will be sleeping now. Good night everyone, I hope you have a good day!
:purple_heart:

8 Likes

If I can give my own opinion on that book, which I read years ago but reread it quickly now that you mentioned it, I would say when it comes to making Astrological Talismans (which it talks of and recommends doing) it is without use to me. This is because when it comes to Astrological Talismans, ritual can be very fluid and this can even be made without any ritual consecration, but the one thing that cannot be discarded that is the most important is timing. It requires a proper Astrological election to make, and Regardie does not mention the rules needed for this beside from the Hour.

I reckon, if you create a Sun Talisman now (while the Sun is seriously afflicted), even though it may be made in the Day and Hour of the Sun, it will be detrimental on the owner. But, luckily, it will likely also be quite weak since it is made at a random time (unless it is randomly made at a very strong time, in which case, it can be very detrimental).

For other non-astrological Talismans, it may be a nice book to have (although in most of the examples he uses astrological factors), but it has little use for making Astrological Talismans, although the symbols and rituals can be a nice addition to the ritual itself.

5 Likes

I see, so before making an astrological talisman I should know astrology? I mean, to not make it at a time when a planet is afflicted :thinking:

I want to learn astrology but I look at a book, get overwhelmed and close it. I’m learning about the houses, and I’m trying to understand how it all works

I found all the plantery timings in a planetary magick book. I don’t have it, but there is enough pages visible on Google Books/Reads whatever the website is.

Also long time no see, how are you doing? I hope everything is going well for you ^^

5 Likes

Ideally you should know Traditional Electional Astrology. Making sure the planet is unafflicted is only one step in the process.

But, studying traditional astrology (Here I mean, European/Arabic Astrology but the same goes for Vedic and Asian traditions) definitely takes a lot of study and labor.

Many are used to magick being extremely practical these days as it does not take much for ritual to be successful, we are used to magick being practical but Astrological Magick is quite beyond practical magick.

There is also the “everything is subjective and the mind has total power” that has arisen because of that. But with traditional electional astrology, we can already know the outcome of anything simply by the time it was initiated or occurred, while the actors in this have no knowledge of the celestial cycles. I grow my plants and do my gardening when at elected times and I’ve seen the immense power it has and everyone has seen that simply from my plants, but everything that can possibly be done is affected by these cycles.

With that said, I wouldn’t make an Astrological Talisman when the Plants or Stars are afflicted, but it certainly won’t be as powerful as a Talisman made at a well chosen time.

I’ve been doing very good thank you! It’s been quite a journey. How have you bren doing? I saw you said you’ve decided to become a Priestess.

5 Likes

Fantastic info on Talismans @Dankquanicus and @Onion

4 Likes

I meant to say here, the “everything is subjective and the mind has total power” ‘group’. As, from my experience with traditional astrology, I find that view to be false.

And another spelling mistaken that went by me. I mean here “Planets” instead of “Plants” of course lol

4 Likes

I see. Is there a book or starting point you would recommend for astrology? I’m extremely interested in it, always have been but there’s so much info out there it gets confusing :weary:

It’s been a rollercoaster for me as well. Ever since I decided on wanting to be a priestess my studies have taken a more serious turn. They would eventually, but the decision has accelerated the process I guess. It’s been a ride, shadow work was the first thing I did and I’m doing it again, this time Belial also pops in sometimes to add to the process. There’s lots i’m learning but I don’t feel aimless anymore. I feel like everything I’m learning is making my base a bit more solid before my actual “trainings” and trials start. I’m digging out info from my past lives too, I used to be a priestess of a goddess in one of them.

Ah there’s not a lot of info I gave apart from mentioning the book :sweat_smile: I have a lotttt to learn

5 Likes

Well as a starting point I would suggest Agrippa’s Three Books of Occult Philosophy, the second book mainly deals with Astrological Magick but I also recommend the first as it gives an introduction to the philosphy and worldview needed for Astrological Magick.

I would also recommend William Lilly’s ‘Christian Astrology’ or at least the first book of his Christian Astrology, as this gives an introduction to Astrology (the entire ‘Christian Astrology’ with all three books is nearly 900 pages long. Although it does not deal with Astrological Magick). He also gives a good explanation of the 12 Houses of Heaven since you mentioned that.

I wouldn’t necessarily suggest that as the order of reading, however. Alternating between both can be good if you already have some knowledge of Astrology. Otherwise, I’d say read ‘Christian Astrology’ first.

Both of those books were written in the Renaissance (Astrology died after 1700 with the ‘enlightment’, and the view of the entire world was not the same since), so they can be found on Archive.org
I recommend sticking to only traditional texts first (That is, 17th Century and before)

After that, I can recommend more in private chat, as there are other books that I won’t speak about openly.

6 Likes

That’s a long af book. I’ll read those and pm you :+1: Thank you again :purple_heart:

4 Likes

9th February, 2022
14:28

Sometimes my own anger makes me sick. Not like, “I hate this” sick, I mean actual physical sick. First I feel anger, or rage, which makes me want to break a wall. I don’t hold anything in my hand when I am angry, I’ve broken my pens and pencils before because of this. Then I get tired, I need a nap, sometimes it makes me sick, nauseous.

I consider myself a good person, I consider myself to be a bad person as well. Then there’s the me in the middle, extremely cold and extremely emotional simultaneously. It’s a grey area, I guess, but it’s not an area I’m too fond of being in. It’s like playing pin ball, but I’m the ball and the skewer stick thingys that accelerate the ball is my head and my heart.

That being said, I’m not completely free of jealousy. No one is, except maybe a few enlightened Saints. I’m no saint, I still feel jealousy. But the reason why I feel it does not stem from me looking at someone who has a better version of what I have and me feeling the lack of it. I feel jealousy, because I feel the lack of what I don’t have. Not the better version of something.

I’m jealous of seeing my sister getting gifts, I’m jealous of seeing my mother getting gifts. I’m gonna speak honestly. I do get jealous. They get gifts because of the work they’ve put in, and I feel jealous because the work I put in is not even seen. The weight of seeing through the toxic patterns and behaviors of one’s family, and being put down when pointing it is something I will not wish for anyone. Being parentalised is not something I will wish for anyone.

So yes, I do get jealous of seeing them get gifts. Because I do feel like getting rewarded for what I do for them as well. I do want to be rewarded and recognized for pushing aside my needs to accommodate for my family. I very well could’ve thrown a tantrum to get what I want, but I didn’t. Because I knew that my parents were working hard enough already and I shouldn’t put extra pressure on them.

I’ve put up a mask since I was 13, but, to quote my classmate’s caption on one of his instagram posts, I’ve masqueraded for so long the mask has become permanent. My family does not see the real me, and sometimes I feel I am to blame, for not showing or expressing myself before. But this, is counteracted(?) by the fact that it was not safe for me to express myself. That it’s okay for me to choose my safety and protecting myself.

It’s confusing, and I’m back in the grey zone. My heart feeling that it’s okay to choose my safety, and my head saying that my family will probably never understand me because for them, the mask I put is permanent now.

I knew that I had to separate myself from my family if I were to truly progress, that I had to let go of them so that they don’t anchor me in place. Lord Belial especially, had made that extremely clear. But as with most things, it is easier said than done, and it’s a gruesome process.

To see what you want right in front of your eyes, but still having it so far away you can’t touch it.

I say I too want gifts from them, but my mindset rn is such that I’ll despise anything I get. Like a poison that corrodes any clarity that I might have regarding this whole thing.

Anyways, I just wanted to post this here. Because I feel like I shouldn’t keep this till evening. I will update in the evening or at night as usual. Till next time :wave:

8 Likes

Okay I wish to unplug after everything I do tonight, so I’ll do the proper entry tomorrow i.e the 9th.

I hope everyone has a good day :purple_heart:

4 Likes

If I may, I’d like to offer a few sites I used to use when I tried to work within planetary hours. I hope these will help you if you plan to pursue this path. Good luck.

6 Likes

This is extremely helpful, thank you so much! :pleading_face: :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Hey, just know that I’m always here for you when you need to talk :heart::heart:

3 Likes

Remember that jealousy is normal and even healthy to an extent. It’s your body letting you know that 1 of your emotional needs isn’t being met, so don’t feel bad for wanting that need met. I struggle with irrational jealousy so I have a decent idea that your jealousy is entirely normal since you are actually being neglected and mis treated.

5 Likes

Planetaryhours.net is great, I also used that in the past.

If possible, I would recommend calculating the Planetary Hours manually for a few days, as I feel this helps one develop a relationship to these hours and forces.

Also record what events happen and when they happen. You will find things happen according to the Hour they occur in. For example, people are angier and more argumentive in the Hour of Mars, they may be more solitary or the conversation dies down in the Hour of Saturn.

This leads to the most basic form of election astrology, which is timing actions by the Hours.

This was as powerful as the magic I was doing at the time. For example, a silly example, but a friend of mine got me into Clash of Clans again when I started exploring the Planetary Hours and I would start the Clan Wars when it was the Hour of Jupiter, and with this we never lost a single war. When I initiated it in the Hour of Mars or the War started then, we would always have either a very tough war or defeat.

And many more examples. One more is that I was struggling to grow a certain plant, and we must have planeted this at least 4 or 5 times, and each time the seed would not germinate or if it did germinate the planet would die shortly after. But, one night on the Day of Saturn in the Hour of Saturn, I planted 4 seeds into 4 pots, and 3 of the 4 seeds germinated, and the plants grew big and healthily, with others commenting on the health of the plant when they say it.

This is only to give you a sense of the power of this most basic form of electional astrology. I have many more examples.

7 Likes

@dagar Thank you, I needed some time to center myself and understand what I was feeling. I truly am grateful and appreciative of you :purple_heart:

@Dankquanicus damn :flushed:
I’ve started reading Agrippa’s book, the 1st volume. Are there instructions on how to calculate it there? or, if possible, could you teach me over pm?

3 Likes

It doesn’t have instructions there, but calculating the hours is very simple.

Here is a tutorial on BALG:

I recommend calculating it in seconds otherwise rounding errors become an issue, although not a massive one.

Otherwise, simply using the calculator is fine.

3 Likes

Oki
Thank you so much! :purple_heart:

3 Likes

If you have more questions, feel free to PM!

3 Likes