On Edgelords and Fluff Bunnies

@sv6 I don’t think you are an edgelord. Someone who’s practice is mostly cursing would be an edge lord. No one is getting my points as @In_Between_Worlds said. I’m not against cursing at all. I’m just saying that it usually isn’t called for. I’m not against dark entities at all. They have a lot of knowledge that other entities don’t have.

4 Likes

You can be egotistical as hell and still be fine.

2 Likes

@FraterMagni would you mind if I were to add something to this?

2 Likes

The real problem is not those who has a tattoo of Satan in their forehead, but those who will curse you for no reason and then stop you in the road to have a nice conversion, making you feel good.

Its the same people fucking your neighbour’s wife when the hubby isn’t around and then join their family dinner with the appearance of being the nicest, most innocent person in the neighborhood. The taboo aspect is too attractive.

5 Likes

@Goku Bingo! The taboo aspect is like crack to the right (or should I say wrong) kinds of people. And the taboo thing can be powerful and useful. Especially when you leave Christianity or other slave religions. And I certainly think EA would agree to many of the points that I’m making regarding curses. He’s said so himself. He only curses people who get in his way and I think that’s a damn good attitude to take regarding baneful magick.

@itsnathanm7 Go ahead my dude!

6 Likes

It depends.

Not really. I’m egotistical as hell. I own that. And you know what? I don’t give a fuck what others think. They can go to hell. I love myself, yes my egotistical, watery, earthy, chaotic and punch you in the gut self. No one will change that. No one will take that from me.

I do just fine. I can do bad all by myself.

:+1:

There are a lot of problems in the community, both inside and outside of BALG. I remember when I first came here. People were balanced. People knew this wasn’t a game or even kind of dangerous for that matter.

The problems I see, is people shoving things (including themselves) into boxes.

I hate to burst (in all truth I couldn’t give a damn if it hurts or offended someone) your bubble but the “DARK ENTITIES” aren’t so damn dark. Everything has light and darkness in them. You. Me. The tree. Everything. We, including the spirits, are subject to this.

Tiamat has just as much light and she does dark. Same goes for Azazel and everyone else. It even kind of irritates me when someone labels Hekate or Morrigan or even Lucifer for that matter as “dark gods, etc”. I’m sorry but they’re not just dark or even dark at all. It’s a severe misconception.

Magick simply put will always be magick. There’s no changing that. This isn’t for goths or other posers. This isn’t to be a bad ass, in that sense.

Not to say that solely working with demons is a bad thing, but at the same time, there’s a bit of a fine print. You can’t try to tell someone that they need to drop the Norse Gods or something because it’s not dark enough or whatever the case may be.

I’ll add on later. Got a few things to contend to.

9 Likes

PREACH :clap::clap::clap:
I’ve even caught hell for not working with demons anymore, or at least goetics and judeo Christian demons. I just don’t get results from them like I used to and the other systems I work are more interesting and lively, in my eyes. That’s not to say that I don’t respect demons, I definitely do. I just don’t resonate with them like I once did.

I hate the fact that either side of the fluff bunny/edge lord debate waters down an aspect of a spirit. Let’s take Odin for instance. The fluff bunnies turn him into a fluffy sky papa and the edge lords turn him into either a tyrannical creator god or into a blood thirsty demon warrior. He’s all of those things (except a tyrant). You can’t ignore the darkness OR the light in spirits. Or in yourself. As someone once said, “Everyone is equally infinitely evil and equally infinitely honorable.”

6 Likes

Right. He’s also someone that I think is being a jokester in my rune readings.

But back to the point, boxing things doesn’t coincide with growth.

1 Like

Also this black lodge shit is confusing, anyone know what that is?

I completely agree. The whole darkness thing is exaggerated quite a bit. All things are both dark and light. The way people view a spirit is not necessarily the way that spirit is. Spirits have a range a traits and wealth of personality, just like we do

6 Likes

For the most part I agree with what you say. Edgelords are basically shallow shock-value con artists and fluff bunnies are basically blinded by the amount light-eating media or gnosis they consume. In the end both are doing what they’re doing to make society pay attention to thier way of life, whether they think it will return humanity to “happier” days or they just want the infamy.

I don’t think the RHP/LHP split is an illusionary concept but I do agree that both are subjective in interpretation. I consider myself LHP not because I want to fit myself in the box but because in general my philosophy rejects the typical RHP ideals and I do agree with at least 80% with most LHP authors on what it means to be LHP. More accurately I’m LHP grey because I don’t think it’s really important wether or not which “side” you’re on and I think all magic is not black or white but can be used for both good will and sinister intention. If you compare Wiccan rituals with Satanic ones, you’ll see a few similarities between the two even if there’s different terminology. That’s because they both are magic; simple as that. The only difference is the philosophy.

5 Likes

Your post is making Christianity look attractive.

3 Likes

If you were in Christianity you wouldn’t get this… 0

3 Likes

How?

1 Like

Amen

Not even spiritual plastic surgery and a decent tit job could make Christianity attractive. I’m just pointing out polarization.

5 Likes

Well I appreciate you don’t think that way of me. The reason I don’t really like the word edgy or the way people use it is, like would you call Vlad Dracul or Elizabeth Bathory edgelords? there’s ‘‘edgy’’ posers and there’s genuinely evil people, even in the occult. You know?
Edit: to clarify I agree with your disdain for the posers, I just mean I dislike the way most people use the term.

2 Likes