Occult/Witchcraft Stereotypes

Have you heard any obscure occult stereotypes? Something that some people always associated the occult with even though it’s not really true?
I hear some are just odd.

6 Likes

ugh i hate my parents, ITS NOT A PHASE MOM
If i wear a pentagram I’ll look rebellious and cool

Laughs in emo language

14 Likes

To be fair, this is (annoyingly) frequently true stereotype
Other stereotypes: Drinks blood (been 8 years since last sip)
Worships the devil (Does Lucifer count? more of a healthy business
relationship anyway)

14 Likes

"You’re going to hell " - well clearly, I’m betrothed to the Emperor after all

“The devil wants your soul” - he wants more than that I can verify

"You’re going to burn " - I’m going to burn away all that doesn’t serve me and ascend

20 Likes

:joy: the twisting of words works wonders lol

“You’re going to hell”

Well yeah my work specifically has rituals to explore the zurthustian hell and its realms.

The devil wants your soul.
Technically true in my case when you consider one of the goals of the work in Black magick of ahriman is to become kunda or man turned devil :japanese_ogre:

“You’re going to burn”

Well yes and so will all of reality as i deconstruct it with blackened fire of soul on the daily to explore the malliablity of it :alien:

9 Likes

Magick, it’s all in your mind man. Don’t you know all spirits are just archetypes? Everything’s an egregore?

Gasp

6 Likes

Indeed “burning” it’s even required, for example in spiritual growth one may ignite an inner fire, sensing whether it’s too light or too strong and adjusting its degree.
An other option is to imagine and feeling a vital warmth, as if a radiant sun was inside the person, and doing so may produce a shift of the sense “I am” from mind to hearth, besides changing the attitude about life etc.

Ah, yes
that too

“You’re going to hell”
I usually give them the casual “I made reservations”

5 Likes

thts Brilliant~ {made reservations}… luv it :black_heart:

1 Like

What if this is another dimensions version of hell and a different dimensions version of heaven?

4 Likes

The more powerful the witch the longer the hair? Big ass locks , no astral travel!

1 Like

« All you witches will go to hell »

Lmao honey been there and done that

10 Likes

IKR, lol it’s gonna be just another day for me right now :rofl:

1 Like

That occultists like to torture animals and/or people(no animal torture but I’ll torment my enemies with psychic attack), are completely delusional(some occultists are), all worship Satan (barely know the guy SMH), are teenage satanists, or will “grow out of it” as mentioned above.

2 Likes

Sounds applause at your response!!!

I’m not going to Hell. I already live there. I don’t really sacrifice animals. I do love blood. The look, the energy and the taste. I do love “the devil” if you want to call that Lucifer and Satan and Belial and Azazel and (list goes on) Lucifer does get me on my knees and has my mind, body and soul. . … ok when i got to the on my knees part it made me loose my train of thought! I love the moon and its energy, i love nature and Gaia scrying mirrors and potions and oils. Rocks, candles, incense and trees. I am an eclectic and chaos nature witch. I did wear only black for years but have added color to everything. I am happy and love and teach and give and help whenever asked. So if that is evil and deserves to suffer eternal torment then i guess i love pain. Pain is pleasure! So im ready. This is a witch and I’m proud of it.

4 Likes

The only stereotypes I can think of and know I live up to is having lots of black clothes and a few black cats. :joy:

2 Likes

I live in SLC Utah and that means a lot of Mormons. I always get the "I’ll pray for you "comment when they find out I practice witchcraft. My response is "Thank you, and I’ll dance naked in the woods for you "

3 Likes

I have told someone i used to work with that i did more so white magick. He is convinced that i do no such thing, and that there is only black magick.

you know what’s ironic?
we’re magicians using technology to communicate