Occult/Witchcraft Stereotypes

How’s that ironic? Magicians aren’t special snowflakes lol. We were born in an age of technology we use it.

1 Like

Ugh, as an Asian there are a HELL LOT of stereotypes surrounding occultists and witches. Doubt I can even fit them all in here, but I’d try listing the prominent ones here… or at least the ones I’ve been told anyway:

1.) "Tarot cards are the devil’s tools! Look at the deck: Death card means literal death. Devil card means there’s a demon around you. You invite only evil energy with using occult stuff!"
No thanks to the local horror films around here portraying such terrible interpretations, yup. Coupled with various preachings from hardcore religious people. My college has been infested (sorry for the term but… it fits lol) with Christians of this irksome mindset. Still read tarot cards for others in front of them though. XD

2.) "Occultists/witches have this certain dark, gothic look to them. An intense and dark personality too, serious and intimidating in the way they walk, talk, etc. You aren’t a legit one because you’re always bubbly and smiling all the time like a child."
Honestly, this just makes me sad.I wanted to be a part of certain occult groups on FB but I was rejected because I don’t look or act like the stereotypical witch. Also had moments wherein my magickal results and encounters were invalidated because I “just don’t give off occultist vibes”. Of course I know by now that you don’t seek validation from others regarding that, but it breaks my heart at times because I want to share and contribute info, learn from others, etc. while still being my hyper and cheerful self.

3.) "Angels are only pureness and goodness-personified. Only those of the occult believe the opposite! Discovering angels have actual personalities = demons playing tricks with you!"
One of the few things I regretted from graduating college was not sharing to the class how there are a variety of sex stories with angels or evocations of angels for gasps not so pure or good a reason! What’s more double gasps angels working together peacefully with demons! IME anyway.

4.) “Demons do not do feelings. Or if they do, they are not as sensitive and emotional as we are anyway.”"
Already a debunked belief within the community, though there is still a few that persists. Went down this road once. 0/10 stars experience, drastic consequences ahead, do not recommend.

5.) "Working with demons = getting possessed, soul damnation for all eternity."
Already a given as well here, but the amount of times I was told this… I should be getting paid already to be honest. Reminds me of this tweet I showed Belial once, which he widely smirked at in response:

main-qimg-6853912fd80165609f9bdb3b06e08ad3

4 Likes

Ik
it’s just cool to see how magicians have changed over thousands of years

1 Like

Take my like. That last one was :fire:

I love your comment so much. Especially no.2. I’m happy and joke around a lot…and why not?