Occult movie recommendations!

What are your top 3 Occult related movies?
What movie explores the theme realistically?

3 Likes

Almost none of them explore it realistically, to be perfectly honest.

But I did find Hellboy to be fun (not sure if that counts).

1 Like

I’m sure there would be a few out there that explore it realistically.

The Last Witch Hunter 2015 - Vin Diesel

The problem is most come at the occult from a heavy Christian angle.

1 Like

Devil’s advocate
Lucifer tv show

2 Likes

Constantine - the movie.

1 Like

A Dark Song (2016)
Night of the Demon (1957) (American title Curse of the Demon)
Night of the Eagle (1962)

I liked that movie! Lots of Hollywood razzle-dazzle still but some good stuff too

1 Like

This will sound weird because it is not at first blush an occult movie - but “The Apostle” with Robert Duvall. With sheer will he reinvents himself and creates a small church of believers.

The movie fallen has something to do with azazel. I havent seen it but ive seen a trailer. Denzel Washington plays the main role.

The show “Requiem” is pretty enjoyable, if a bit dragging at times. I won’t spoil things, but the plot is fairly accurate when it comes to occult things. It’s not explicitly featured much, but there are weird moments and synchronicities, and overall the narrative has a sort of “spiritual journey” feel to it, very mysterious with things unfolding throughout the show until the big reveal.

Simon: King of the Witches is a very realistic look at someone who is an adapt, and his struggles to walk his path in modern society.

Taboo is another soild pick if you are looking for more realistic/less over the top portrayals of magic and the occult.

Lastly, the Holy Mountain is occult based, but very much looks like someone wrote down their psychedelic trip.

My favorite magickal movie of all time is “Merlin”, which was made in 1998, starring Sam Niel, Miranda Richardson, Helena Bonham Carter, Isabella Rosellini, and Martin Short. Although it is about a legendary time, the magick as depicted rings true, as do the spirits, magicians, and magickal outcomes.

1 Like

Welcome @catalintarus. Please post an introduction in the NEW MAGICIAN AND INTRODUCTIONS area, and tell us about yourself and any experience in magick you may have. It is a rule of this forum.